[Plugin] Parametric Modeling - v0.0.5 - 22 Apr. 2021

Re: [Plugin] Parametric Modeling - v0.0.3 - 26 Mar. 2021

Postby Robin Morritt » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:26 am

Many thanks for the quick response.

Robin Morritt 

Postby Robin Morritt » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:50 pm

Hi Samuel: :D

I'm pressing on with my universal metric thread modeller.

Should I report issues using Github Issues?
Or would you prefer us to use this forum?

Thanks,
Robin. :thumb:

Robin Morritt 

Postby samuel_t » Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:04 pm

Robin Morritt wrote:Hi Samuel: :D

I'm pressing on with my universal metric thread modeller.

Should I report issues using Github Issues?
Or would you prefer us to use this forum?

Thanks,
Robin. :thumb:

Hi Robin :D

GitHub has my preference.
samuel_t 

Postby ltchest » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:32 am

This is a great idea - the tool looks really intuitive ! Keep up the good work :)

ltchest 

Postby sgouross » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:23 am

Honestly my dear friend, i have no words to describe your amazing work, great tool , that I belive that can do magic with a few additions, a huge RESPECT. Please add some more functions like Flip, mirror, offset, follow me, again BRAVO fro your amazing talent and effort

sgouross 

Re: [Plugin] Parametric Modeling - v0.0.4 - 08 Apr. 2021

Postby samuel_t » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:59 pm

0.0.4 version is available on the SketchUcation PluginStore! I'll publish changelog as soon as possible.
samuel_t 

Postby Robin Morritt » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:02 am

V0.0.4 is a great advance.

Looks like I'm going to have to go back to the drawing board with my universal parametric thread modeller. :cry: :roflmao: The Extract Shape and Concatenate features are major enhancements, and just what I needed.

Brilliant. Thanks! :thumb:

Robin Morritt 

Postby samuel_t » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:27 am

What's new in 0.0.4 version?

- One can create more complex parametric models with less efforts thanks to a new feature: Shape extraction. To do so: right-click on a group or a component in SketchUp window then select "Parametric Modeling > Extract Shape From Group/Component" entry in context menu. See new example schema: "Curved Shelf" created by Jack Tenrev.

- More nodes types are available: "Draw tube", "Tag", "Erase" and "Concatenate". If you combine "Erase", "Concatenate" and "Select" nodes: you can get variations of model. See updated example schema: "Decking On Pedestals".

- Plugin is more strict with numbers. If you input a decimal number where an integer is expected: an error is thrown and node becomes red. Another change: If you pass only integers to rand function: it will return an integer.

- One can use random, name, material, tag and layer variables in "Query" input field inside "Select" node.

- To save a few nodes, "Select" node outputs and "Draw ..." node inputs evolved.

- Shapes generated with this plugin and shapes generated with SU Shapes plugin are consistent. See issue #1.

- Ghost groups were eradicated?! "Add" and "Subtract" nodes were fixed again.

Download latest Parametric Modeling plugin from the SketchUcation PluginStore.
samuel_t 

Postby tenrev » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:29 am

thanks Samuel

well done for this very interesting plugin and this update

some examples that I realized

table with chairs that are distributed according to the length of the table

double-sided shelf this time

a draft with curves in one direction then with a condition, the curve goes in another direction, interesting for making waves in the shape for shelves or benches for example

biblio3d forum sketchup - artlantis - piranesi
http://www.biblio3d.com

tenrev 

Re: [Plugin] Parametric Modeling - v0.0.5 - 22 Apr. 2021

Postby samuel_t » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:51 am

What's new in 0.0.5 version?

- "Align" and "Get points" nodes types were added. They can help you, for example, to place an entity on top of another one. See new schema: Pencil.

- "Copy" and "Move" nodes have evolved a bit. They're retrocompatible.

- When you input a decimal number in a node, scale of number defines step for next increment (or decrement). This means if you input 1.25, next increment will be 1.26. Step is adaptive... See documentation to learn more.

- Arrows icons in numeric fields were removed because they were too buggy. You can still use keyboard arrows to increment (or decrement).

- You can use deg function in "Calculate" nodes to convert degrees to radians... See documentation to learn more.

- Selected wire is highlighted.

- Plugin was translated to french.

Download latest Parametric Modeling plugin from the SketchUcation PluginStore.
Last edited by samuel_t on Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
samuel_t 

Postby Robin Morritt » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:23 pm

Excellent. I look forward to seeing how I can make use of these new features in my universal thread modeller, which I can't quite get to do what I want yet. So much to do, so little time. :)

Is there any support for a Sticky Note type Node, I wonder? I think I would find it handy to be able to add comments in the Nodes Editor - yeah, the older I get, the more stuff I forget. :roflmao:

Thanks, Samuel. :thumb:

Robin Morritt 

Postby samuel_t » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:35 am

Robin Morritt wrote:Is there any support for a Sticky Note type Node, I wonder? I think I would find it handy to be able to add comments in the Nodes Editor [...]

I could add a "Comment" node type with a text area and a "Comment" input socket on every other node type... Then I could try to style "Comment" nodes so they look like classic sticky notes.

Robin Morritt wrote:I look forward to seeing how I can make use of these new features in my universal thread modeller, which I can't quite get to do what I want yet.

Good luck for this project! ;)
samuel_t 

Postby Robin Morritt » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:41 am

That would be ideal. Multi-colour of course. :)

I can only speak for myself, but I imagine such notes in a network of nodes would be the logical equivalent of comments in code. Neat, nice and handy, just as you describe. :thumb:

Robin Morritt 

Postby jkoll66 » Mon May 03, 2021 7:42 pm

I see huge potential in this plugin. What would make it infinitely more useful is the ability to expose variables to a user. Through a dialog box or something. Do you see that coming in the future? Thanks in advance.

jkoll66 

Postby Robin Morritt » Mon May 03, 2021 11:48 pm

jkoll66 wrote:the ability to expose variables to a user.

Have you tried the "Get Points" node in the nodes editor, or perhaps use the right click context menu in the SketchUp window in conjunction with a construction point?
If variables were to make it possible to iterate through a loop - as in do ... until - that would open up some possibilities that I would have liked to try out.
My model is too big - moving around in the nodes editor is really slow and redrawing the groups is ridiculous now. Iteration might help a bit, but a better solution would be if Intersect/Unite/Subtract worked with all the groups resulting from a Concatenate or Make Group node.

Robin Morritt 

Postby samuel_t » Wed May 05, 2021 3:07 pm

jkoll66 wrote:I see huge potential in this plugin. What would make it infinitely more useful is the ability to expose variables to a user. Through a dialog box or something. Do you see that coming in the future? Thanks in advance.

I don't know if this answers your request, but you can add a Number node and connect it to at least one Calculate node. From there: number is accessible through a variable named a if you plugged it to "Variable A" input... See documentation to learn more.

Or maybe you're requesting a simplified view dedicated to user, containing only variables?
samuel_t 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Previous

Return to Plugins