[Plugin] Universal Importer - v1.1.5 - 29 Jan. 2020

Re: [Plugin] Universal Importer - v1.0.6 - 10 Jan. 2020

Postby Oxer » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:06 pm

Ahmed0007 wrote:i import this model with v1.0.1 without any problem but v1.0.6 give me this error why?
please help.

On macOS 10.13.6 & SU2017 the v1.0.6 works fine with your model.

On macos ok.jpg
1
"The result is the end what is important is the process" by Oxer
http://www.oxervision.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Oxer 
 

Re: [Plugin] Universal Importer - v1.0.6 - 10 Jan. 2020

Postby Oxer » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:07 pm

Einstein wrote:By the way, I think it would be cool to also have polygon reduction as standalone tool for meshes that already exist in SketchUp. Because we haven't had a decent free polyreducer in SketchUp so far. It's just a suggestion.


It's a good idea :thumb:
1
"The result is the end what is important is the process" by Oxer
http://www.oxervision.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Oxer 
 

Re: [Plugin] Universal Importer - v1.0.6 - 10 Jan. 2020

Postby samuel_t » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:11 pm

Ahmed0007 wrote:i import this model with v1.0.1 without any problem but v1.0.6 give me this error why?
please help.


In recent versions of plugin there's a mechanism that prevents copy of a too big folder. To fix this issue: Create a sub folder in your Documents then place model and textures inside that sub folder. Re-import.
1
User avatar
samuel_t 
 

Re: [Plugin] Universal Importer - v1.0.6 - 10 Jan. 2020

Postby samuel_t » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:15 pm

Einstein wrote:Hi!

I downloaded the latest update but I'm still getting the same bug with every file format. I cannot import any file to SketchUp :(

[...]


Hi!

Could you please upload your model (textures included) to a file hoster or here? So I could debug it.
0
User avatar
samuel_t 
 

Re: [Plugin] Universal Importer - v1.0.6 - 10 Jan. 2020

Postby Ahmed0007 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:01 pm

samuel_t wrote:
Ahmed0007 wrote:i import this model with v1.0.1 without any problem but v1.0.6 give me this error why?
please help.


In recent versions of plugin there's a mechanism that prevents copy of a too big folder. To fix this issue: Create a sub folder in your Documents then place model and textures inside that sub folder. Re-import.


Still Same error ?
0

Ahmed0007 
 

Re: [Plugin] Universal Importer - v1.0.6 - 10 Jan. 2020

Postby samuel_t » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:13 pm

Ahmed0007 wrote:
samuel_t wrote:
Ahmed0007 wrote:i import this model with v1.0.1 without any problem but v1.0.6 give me this error why?
please help.


In recent versions of plugin there's a mechanism that prevents copy of a too big folder. To fix this issue: Create a sub folder in your Documents then place model and textures inside that sub folder. Re-import.


Still Same error ?


What's size of model in MB?
0
User avatar
samuel_t 
 

Re: [Plugin] Universal Importer - v1.0.6 - 10 Jan. 2020

Postby Ahmed0007 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:21 pm

samuel_t wrote:
Ahmed0007 wrote:
samuel_t wrote:
Ahmed0007 wrote:i import this model with v1.0.1 without any problem but v1.0.6 give me this error why?
please help.


In recent versions of plugin there's a mechanism that prevents copy of a too big folder. To fix this issue: Create a sub folder in your Documents then place model and textures inside that sub folder. Re-import.


Still Same error ?


What's size of model in MB?


8 mb
1

Ahmed0007 
 

Re: [Plugin] Universal Importer - v1.0.6 - 10 Jan. 2020

Postby samuel_t » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:26 pm

Ahmed0007 wrote:
samuel_t wrote:
Ahmed0007 wrote:
samuel_t wrote:
Ahmed0007 wrote:i import this model with v1.0.1 without any problem but v1.0.6 give me this error why?
please help.


In recent versions of plugin there's a mechanism that prevents copy of a too big folder. To fix this issue: Create a sub folder in your Documents then place model and textures inside that sub folder. Re-import.


Still Same error ?


What's size of model in MB?


8 mb


OK. Could you please post a screen capture of folder containing model (aka a Windows Explorer view)?
0
User avatar
samuel_t 
 

Re: [Plugin] Universal Importer - v1.0.6 - 10 Jan. 2020

Postby TutorialsUp » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:28 pm

Now i'm also unable to import this model again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owXwypsZIHY

file type .obj
size 110 mb
located in Documents folder \Documents\obj 2
0
User avatar
TutorialsUp 
 

Re: [Plugin] Universal Importer - v1.0.6 - 10 Jan. 2020

Postby TutorialsUp » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:31 pm

.
0
Last edited by TutorialsUp on Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
TutorialsUp 
 

Re: [Plugin] Universal Importer - v1.0.6 - 10 Jan. 2020

Postby Ahmed0007 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:38 pm

samuel_t wrote:
Ahmed0007 wrote:
samuel_t wrote:
Ahmed0007 wrote:
samuel_t wrote:
Ahmed0007 wrote:i import this model with v1.0.1 without any problem but v1.0.6 give me this error why?
please help.


In recent versions of plugin there's a mechanism that prevents copy of a too big folder. To fix this issue: Create a sub folder in your Documents then place model and textures inside that sub folder. Re-import.


Still Same error ?


What's size of model in MB?


8 mb


OK. Could you please post a screen capture of folder containing model (aka a Windows Explorer view)?


C:\Users\Ahmed\Documents\New folder (2)
1

Ahmed0007 
 

Re: [Plugin] Universal Importer - v1.0.6 - 10 Jan. 2020

Postby samuel_t » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:46 pm

Ahmed0007 wrote:
samuel_t wrote:
Ahmed0007 wrote:
samuel_t wrote:
Ahmed0007 wrote:
samuel_t wrote:
Ahmed0007 wrote:i import this model with v1.0.1 without any problem but v1.0.6 give me this error why?
please help.


In recent versions of plugin there's a mechanism that prevents copy of a too big folder. To fix this issue: Create a sub folder in your Documents then place model and textures inside that sub folder. Re-import.


Still Same error ?


What's size of model in MB?


8 mb


OK. Could you please post a screen capture of folder containing model (aka a Windows Explorer view)?


C:\Users\Ahmed\Documents\New folder (2)


Everything seems OK. I don't understand why you can't import... :? There are no hidden files, isn't?
0
User avatar
samuel_t 
 

Re: [Plugin] Universal Importer - v1.0.6 - 10 Jan. 2020

Postby Ahmed0007 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:52 pm

Everything seems OK. I don't understand why you can't import... :? There are no hidden files, isn't?[/quote]

did you try this on your own pc
No! There are no hidden files
i think i should stick with older version.
0

Ahmed0007 
 

Re: [Plugin] Universal Importer - v1.0.6 - 10 Jan. 2020

Postby samuel_t » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:54 pm

Ahmed0007 wrote:
did you try this on your own pc
No! There are no hidden files
i think i should stick with older version.



Yes. I tried to import a model with this path: "C:\Users\Samuel\Documents\New folder (2)" and it's OK.
0
User avatar
samuel_t 
 

Re: [Plugin] Universal Importer - v1.0.6 - 10 Jan. 2020

Postby samuel_t » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:57 pm

@Ahmed0007

Could you please upload your model to a file hoster? This way I can verify if the model is the problem.
0
User avatar
samuel_t 
 

Re: [Plugin] Universal Importer - v1.0.6 - 10 Jan. 2020

Postby Ahmed0007 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:04 am

samuel_t wrote:@Ahmed0007

Could you please upload your model to a file hoster? This way I can verify if the model is the problem.


i uplode the model in my first comment
1

Ahmed0007 
 

Re: [Plugin] Universal Importer - v1.0.6 - 10 Jan. 2020

Postby samuel_t » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:11 am

TutorialsUp wrote:Now i'm also unable to import this model again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owXwypsZIHY

file type .obj
size 110 mb
located in Documents folder \Documents\obj 2


OK. I'm gonna release a hotfixed version.
2
User avatar
samuel_t 
 

Re: [Plugin] Universal Importer - v1.0.6 - 10 Jan. 2020

Postby Ahmed0007 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:26 am

i tried on another pc and get this error
and on one another file get "model is too big error" model size was 11mb
0

Ahmed0007 
 

Re: [Plugin] Universal Importer - v1.0.7 - 11 Jan. 2020

Postby samuel_t » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:34 am

1.0.7 version fixes "anti big copy" bug.

Download latest Universal Importer plugin from SketchUcation PluginStore.
2
User avatar
samuel_t 
 

Re: [Plugin] Universal Importer - v1.0.6 - 10 Jan. 2020

Postby samuel_t » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:37 am

Ahmed0007 wrote:i tried on another pc and get this error
and on one another file get "model is too big error" model size was 11mb


Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ library on this another computer then upgrade to v1.0.7 of plugin.
1
User avatar
samuel_t 
 

Re: [Plugin] Universal Importer - v1.0.7 - 11 Jan. 2020

Postby Ahmed0007 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:47 am

WoW :o
Everything is working fine again :bounce:
Thank you Sooo Much!!!
1

Ahmed0007 
 

Re: [Plugin] Universal Importer - v1.0.6 - 10 Jan. 2020

Postby Einstein » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:02 am

samuel_t wrote:
Einstein wrote:Hi!

I downloaded the latest update but I'm still getting the same bug with every file format. I cannot import any file to SketchUp :(

[...]


Hi!

Could you please upload your model (textures included) to a file hoster or here? So I could debug it.


I'm attaching one of the models I was trying to import (it's a free model from TurboSquid). But I also tried to import a model that was posted earlier in this thread. None of them worked, even with v1.0.7 - the same bug report.

If I don't want textures when it asks me about them, shall I just press "Cancel"?
0

Einstein 
 

Re: [Plugin] Universal Importer - v1.0.7 - 11 Jan. 2020

Postby pilou » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:47 pm

If I don't want textures when it asks me about them, shall I just press "Cancel"?


I believe if your model has yet Textures even you cancel, you will have original textures !
If it's just "colored" it will keep its colors...
1
Frenchy Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
Speedy Galerie
User avatar
pilou 
Top SketchUcator
 

Re: [Plugin] Universal Importer - v1.0.6 - 10 Jan. 2020

Postby samuel_t » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:13 pm

Einstein wrote:
samuel_t wrote:
Einstein wrote:Hi!

I downloaded the latest update but I'm still getting the same bug with every file format. I cannot import any file to SketchUp :(

[...]


Hi!

Could you please upload your model (textures included) to a file hoster or here? So I could debug it.


I'm attaching one of the models I was trying to import (it's a free model from TurboSquid). But I also tried to import a model that was posted earlier in this thread. None of them worked, even with v1.0.7 - the same bug report.


I can import model you attached in my computer. (There's still issue with leaves. SketchUp import bugs sometimes. If you don't want textures: it's OK.) So, problem comes most problably from your computer.

Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ library then reimport model. Please let me know if problem persists.

Einstein wrote:If I don't want textures when it asks me about them, shall I just press "Cancel"?


I you don't want textures: you can remove textures after import by using Materials Tray in SketchUp.
0
User avatar
samuel_t 
 

Re: [Plugin] Universal Importer - v1.0.7 - 11 Jan. 2020

Postby pilou » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:22 pm

Your file works fine for me too! :)
Import without Texture and reduce to 500 faces! :ugeek:
as I did'nt ask statistics maybe your file had less 500 faces! :D
Edit asked : so...original was 81 000 faces!
hum hum 50 000 faces after the decimate reduction to 500 faces asked ?
there is not something curious ? :mrgreen:

0
Frenchy Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
Speedy Galerie
User avatar
pilou 
Top SketchUcator
 

Re: [Plugin] Universal Importer - v1.0.7 - 11 Jan. 2020

Postby Ahmed0007 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:24 pm

0

Ahmed0007 
 

Re: [Plugin] Universal Importer - v1.0.7 - 11 Jan. 2020

Postby samuel_t » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:10 pm

Ahmed0007 wrote:Error :?
.glb 7.9mb
Model is here : https://www.dropbox.com/s/bte329pn42gs5 ... b.zip?dl=0


This error happens because textures are embedded in model. So I've extracted and relinked them...

You can download fixed model here. Click on "Valider et télécharger le fichier" button.

There's no automatic fix for now. Since v1.0.8, this issue is automatically fixed.
1
Last edited by samuel_t on Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
samuel_t 
 

Re: [Plugin] Universal Importer - v1.0.7 - 11 Jan. 2020

Postby Ahmed0007 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:17 pm

samuel_t wrote:
Ahmed0007 wrote:Error :?
.glb 7.9mb
Model is here : https://www.dropbox.com/s/bte329pn42gs5 ... b.zip?dl=0


This error happens because textures are embedded in model. So I've extracted and relinked them...

You can download fixed model here. Click on "Valider et télécharger le fichier".

There's no automatic fix for now. :?


Thank you!
1

Ahmed0007 
 

Re: [Plugin] Universal Importer - v1.0.7 - 11 Jan. 2020

Postby Ahmed0007 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:22 pm

any other way to donate? paypal is not available in my country.
0

Ahmed0007 
 

Re: [Plugin] Universal Importer - v1.0.7 - 11 Jan. 2020

Postby samuel_t » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:31 pm

Ahmed0007 wrote:any other way to donate? paypal is not available in my country.


Bank transfer. I can send you my IBAN in PM if you want to make a donation without PayPal.
0
User avatar
samuel_t 
 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago



Ad Machine 
Robot
 

PreviousNext


 

Return to Plugins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dandypro, fredo6, tafandreas and 20 guests

Visit our sponsors: