[Plugin] ClothWorks v1.7.2 - 11 August 2019

Re: [Plugin] ClothWorks v1.7.2 - 11 August 2019

Postby Gus R » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:42 pm

Updated SketchUcationTools and reinstalled from there. Same thing. Looks like now it's deducting from seat counts with only 2 left.

Seats: Max = 3 - Taken = 1 - Left = 2

It's the same like last time where it creates a .tmp file in the temp directory.

I'm wondering if I should try installing it in "C:\ProgramData\SketchUp\SketchUp 2017."
Gus R 

Postby Anton_S » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:47 pm

Hmm... I am not sure what is going on. Is it necessary to clear the temp folder?

Anton_S 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby Gus R » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:58 pm

Cleaning out my temp directory is part of my routine. Normally my other license files are put elsewhere on my computer with the extension .lic or something similar. Nothing ever ends up in the temp directory.
Gus R 

Postby fredo6 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:36 am

@Gus R

Can you type ENV["LOCALAPPDATA"] and ENV["APPDATA"] in the Ruby console and check if they are defined. If they are not, the local storage of files defaults to the temporary directory.

Fredo
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby Gus R » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:06 pm

fredo6 wrote:@Gus R

Can you type ENV["LOCALAPPDATA"] and ENV["APPDATA"] in the Ruby console and check if they are defined. If they are not, the local storage of files defaults to the temporary directory.

Fredo

I get:

ENV["LOCALAPPDATA"]
C:\Users\Asus P8P67 Deluxe\AppData\Local

ENV["APPDATA"]
C:\Users\Asus P8P67 Deluxe\AppData\Roaming

Temp file located in:

C:\Users\Asus P8P67 Deluxe\AppData\Local\Temp
Gus R 

Postby Gus R » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:11 pm

Whenever I check license status it creates a new directory with a new .tmp file in said directory. Of course that isn't necessary but just part of what I've observed.

SCF-Files.jpg
Gus R 

Postby Teiggesicht » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:39 am

Awsome Plugin. Respect. I purchased the license for it. But my problem is, i didnt received any mail. So i payed, but i dont have the license. :(

Teiggesicht 

Postby Anton_S » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:55 pm

@Teiggesicht I sent you a private message with your license. Please check your inbox. Thanks!

Anton_S 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby fredo6 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:21 pm

Teiggesicht wrote:Awsome Plugin. Respect. I purchased the license for it. But my problem is, i didnt received any mail. So i payed, but i dont have the license. :(

Did you check your spam folder?
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby Jakob86 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:34 pm

Anton_S wrote:@Teiggesicht I sent you a private message with your license. Please check your inbox. Thanks!

Dear Anton,

I have the same problem... I am sorry to bother - but I can't wait to get my hands on the license and the sketchucation team is not very responsive right now.

I paid 2 days ago by paypal, but i use a different email address for finance and other online stuff - so there might be a mix up!

I hope to be able to work with your incredible plug in very soon! Thank you!

Jakob86 

Postby Anton_S » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:48 pm

Hi Jacob. Thank you for contacting us regarding the issue. I sent you a private message with your licence. Thanks!

Anton_S 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby Jakob86 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:57 pm

Dear Anton_S,

I received it, it works wonderful - this is a huge step in my "sketch up biography"

thanks for your incredible work!

Jakob86 

Re: [Plugin] Clothworks License registraion error

Postby yoon214 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:54 am

win10 / clothworks v1.7.2 / sketchucation v3.1.8 / skechup 2019

Hi, I bought a license today.

But I can't register because there error.
(msg_validation_error Request to Sketchucation = ERROR_A04)

SCFLICenseSignature - Do not change or delete.
I deleted the above file and re-registered it. But it still doesn't apply.

I want you to give me a solution.

i'm sorry that i am not good at english.

yoon214 

Postby Anton_S » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:41 pm

@yoon214 Are you following the activation instruction described in ClothWorks licensing manual? Please check out the manual: https://drive.google.com/open?id=14R6lD ... bXS2INzoXJ

Anton_S 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby yoon214 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:03 am

@Anton_S I read the manual and followed it again. However, it continues to fail to validate the license it received by mail, an error message appears.
The contents of the error message are as follows.

msg_validation_error
Request to Sketchucation = ERROR_A04

1. I have installed the latest version of SketchUcationTools.
2. I registered for SketchUcation.

No matter how many times I try again, the result is the same. I want another solution. T_T..

yoon214 

Postby Anton_S » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:28 pm

@yoon214 Just making sure. When you click on the Validate License button, are you opening the file ending with ".scflicense"? It may be the case that the file you're opening is different or corrupt. You should download a fresh copy of the file attached with the email you received upon purchasing ClothWorks and activate the file.

Anton_S 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby yoon214 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:06 am

@Anton_S Of course. The file ending with ".scflicense" is correct. I deleted the file from my computer.
And I downloaded the attached file from the mail again.

The file was run by pressing the Validate License button but is not valid

yoon214 

Postby Gábor » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:39 am

yoon214 wrote:@Anton_S Of course. The file ending with ".scflicense" is correct. I deleted the file from my computer.
And I downloaded the attached file from the mail again.

The file was run by pressing the Validate License button but is not valid

Could you please try to erase the file C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\SCF Licenses\SCFLicenseSignature - DO NOT MODIFY OR DELETE.txt and then re-try the activation? If fails again please PM me this file for further analysis.

Gábor 
SketchUcation IT

Postby yoon214 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:12 pm

@Gábor
I erased the file and tried to activate it.
the results were the same.
What's PM? I am sorry that I am not good at English.
Last edited by yoon214 on Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yoon214 

Postby TIG » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:15 pm

PM = Private Message

Accessed through the icon below that user's avatar, on the left-hand side of the screen...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby yoon214 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:34 pm

@TIG Thanks to you, I was able to send him a message.

yoon214 

Postby Gábor » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:58 am

@yoon214: Thank you, I've received your PM and answered it.

Gábor 
SketchUcation IT

Postby Macon » Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:00 pm

Bonsoir et joyeuses fêtes de fin d'année!

Un grand merci pour ce plugin. J'ai pris la licence il y a quelques temps déjà, et je le trouve vraiment génial.

Merci à l'auteur!

Macon 

Postby creativ02 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:12 pm

Hi there,
I have the ClothWorks Full plugin about you
Article No. WFULL bought. When and to which email address do I receive the email with the license file?
Please reply to Th.Edel@t-online.de
Mfg Th.Edel
creativ02 

Postby Anton_S » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:15 am

creativ02 wrote:Hi there,
I have the ClothWorks Full plugin about you
Article No. WFULL bought. When and to which email address do I receive the email with the license file?
Please reply to Th.Edel@t-online.de
Mfg Th.Edel

The licence should have arrived to your email address (the one you specified in the purchase steps) unless there are typos or something else. There is also a chance that it may have ended up in your spam folder. Regardless, I emailed your ClothWorks licence and instructions to the provided email address. Please check your email. Thank you for your purchase!

Anton_S 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby summerson1990 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:28 pm

Loop subdivision in ClothWorks is a great function because it's easy to project a texture on a flat surface and then with the help of switching drape button see the result on a simulated surface. But I think it works badly. Because after applying loop subdivisions edges lose its vector what causes a texture to be deformed. Look the difference how subD plugin does it and how ClothWorks.
summerson1990 

Postby Anton_S » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:11 am

summerson1990 wrote:Loop subdivision in ClothWorks is a great function because it's easy to project a texture on a flat surface and then with the help of switching drape button see the result on a simulated surface. But I think it works badly. Because after applying loop subdivisions edges lose its vector what causes a texture to be deformed. Look the difference how subD plugin does it and how ClothWorks.

Thank you for your comment. I recall working on a fix a few months ago (and I believe I composed a couple of solutions). I had additional things planned for the new version, which I haven't got to yet, and figured to delay the release. When I get access to my desktop PC, I will re-prioritize the changes to allow for a sooner new release.

Anton_S 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby summerson1990 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:29 am

Anton_S wrote:
summerson1990 wrote:Loop subdivision in ClothWorks is a great function because it's easy to project a texture on a flat surface and then with the help of switching drape button see the result on a simulated surface. But I think it works badly. Because after applying loop subdivisions edges lose its vector what causes a texture to be deformed. Look the difference how subD plugin does it and how ClothWorks.

Thank you for your comment. I recall working on a fix a few months ago (and I believe I composed a couple of solutions). I had additional things planned for the new version, which I haven't got to yet, and figured to delay the release. When I get access to my desktop PC, I will re-prioritize the changes to allow for a sooner new release.

Cool news! By the way, I'm interested if you could possibly do a feature to place patterns on flat surfaces and then project it to hard, that is to say, such surfaces with which "flowify" or other similar plugins can not work. Look as an example my screenshot. Such a feature presents in Maya, see the video about https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeJEthJe6cQ. So how do you think is it possible to realize in SU or what? Thanks!
summerson1990 

Postby summerson1990 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:52 am

summerson1990 wrote:
Anton_S wrote:

Cool news! By the way, I'm interested if you could possibly do a feature to place patterns on flat surfaces and then project it to hard, that is to say, such surfaces with which "flowify" or other similar plugins can not work. Look as an example my screenshot. Such a feature presents in Maya, see the video about https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeJEthJe6cQ. So how do you think is it possible to realize in SU or what? Thanks!

Though it will make too many edges that SU will not be able to work with.
summerson1990 

Postby Anton_S » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:46 am

summerson1990 wrote:
summerson1990 wrote:Cool news! By the way, I'm interested if you could possibly do a feature to place patterns on flat surfaces and then project it to hard, that is to say, such surfaces with which "flowify" or other similar plugins can not work. Look as an example my screenshot. Such a feature presents in Maya, see the video about https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeJEthJe6cQ. So how do you think is it possible to realize in SU or what? Thanks!

Though it will make too many edges that SU will not be able to work with.

Why not use Blender for wrapping?

Anton_S 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

PreviousNext

Return to Plugins