[Plugin] TopoShaper - v2.5c - 29 Oct 19 - IsoContour & Cloud

Re: [Plugin] TopoShaper - v2.5c - 29 Oct 19 - IsoContour & C

Postby gbelcik » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:57 pm

The object is a triangulated point map DXF import.

It crashes to desktop approximately 1 second after generating the terrain from ISO contours, I have attached images. I am going to test generation on a different PC today and see if that works.
0

gbelcik 
 

Re: [Plugin] TopoShaper - v2.5c - 29 Oct 19 - IsoContour & C

Postby VaVa0VaVa » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:48 pm

Hi thanks a lot for this plug in, I've been looking for something of the sort for a very long time.

I have a question, and aware this might not be the right place but maybe you're able to address me to the right topic.

I've got the elevation data in a cad file (from a survey), but how do I import it into sketchup so that it recognises it as guide points?
0

VaVa0VaVa 
 

Re: [Plugin] TopoShaper - v2.5c - 29 Oct 19 - IsoContour & C

Postby Beaver99 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:46 pm

Fredo, your plugins give sketchup a huge lift and usefulness that without them sketchup would be second rate.
many thanks for all your plugins and thank you for offering them free... sketchup should be paying you.! im going to donate to you now,!
2

Beaver99 
 

Re: [Plugin] TopoShaper - v2.5c - 29 Oct 19 - IsoContour & C

Postby pbacot » Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:11 am

Onto another project with the great TopoShaper! You know what I think would be nice (when you work on this again)--if Toposhaper made separate components of the contours and terrain models, and put them on new separate layers. These are things I do every time to be able to work with it thereafter. That's what I think anyway. :enlight:

Thank you for the great plugins!
1
MacOSX Mojave High Sierra SketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v2 PowerCADD
User avatar
pbacot 
Top SketchUcator
 

Re: [Plugin] TopoShaper - v2.5c - 29 Oct 19 - IsoContour & C

Postby fredo6 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:52 pm

pbacot wrote:Onto another project with the great TopoShaper! You know what I think would be nice (when you work on this again)--if Toposhaper made separate components of the contours and terrain models, and put them on new separate layers. These are things I do every time to be able to work with it thereafter. That's what I think anyway. :enlight:

Thank you for the great plugins!

Contours and terrain are already created in separate groups.

I can however put them of specific layers if it helps.
1
User avatar
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] TopoShaper - v2.5c - 29 Oct 19 - IsoContour & C

Postby TIG » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:29 pm

As they are both made as Groups you can easily select each of those in turn - in the Model or using the Outliner, and then use Entity Info to assign another preferred Layer [Tag] to them...
0
TIG
User avatar
TIG 
Global Moderator
 

Re: [Plugin] TopoShaper - v2.5c - 29 Oct 19 - IsoContour & C

Postby pbacot » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:47 pm

Thanks for the suggestion.It should be easy but I spent some time figuring out how to get the parts organized this time.
0
MacOSX Mojave High Sierra SketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v2 PowerCADD
User avatar
pbacot 
Top SketchUcator
 

Re: [Plugin] TopoShaper - v2.5c - 29 Oct 19 - IsoContour & C

Postby MTHPumps » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:16 am

Hi, I was successful in generating a terrain with skirt from my 2D contour map, however, I'm trying to export to Sweet Home 3D in DAE, 3DS, or OBJ formats but the only format that is working at all is the DAE format. Even so, the terrain is coming in as 3D contour lines only and no surfaces or skirt. I'd like to place the home I designed on the terrain, but can't seem to figure out how to bring the 3D model into Sweet Home in a useful way. Am I missing something in Toposhaper, Sketchup, or is the DAE file format a limiting factor?
Any thoughts would be appreciated....MTHPumps
0

MTHPumps 
 

Re: [Plugin] TopoShaper - v2.5c - 29 Oct 19 - IsoContour & C

Postby TeKnoel » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:15 pm

Hi this is still a very valuable plugin and one of the most powerful ways of transforming CAD typographical information into 3d. It would be even more powerful if we could get it to output meshes that were compliant with the new Quad workflow that subdivision surfaces utilizes. I imagine you're familiar with the requirements. would it be a big job to update?
0

TeKnoel 
 

Re: [Plugin] TopoShaper - v2.5c - 29 Oct 19 - IsoContour & C

Postby fredo6 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:09 pm

MTHPumps wrote:Hi, I was successful in generating a terrain with skirt from my 2D contour map, however, I'm trying to export to Sweet Home 3D in DAE, 3DS, or OBJ formats but the only format that is working at all is the DAE format. Even so, the terrain is coming in as 3D contour lines only and no surfaces or skirt. I'd like to place the home I designed on the terrain, but can't seem to figure out how to bring the 3D model into Sweet Home in a useful way. Am I missing something in Toposhaper, Sketchup, or is the DAE file format a limiting factor?
Any thoughts would be appreciated....MTHPumps

The problem might be in Sweet Home. The terrain generated by TopoShaper is just a regular group with a set of regular faces.
0
User avatar
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] TopoShaper - v2.5c - 29 Oct 19 - IsoContour & C

Postby fredo6 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:11 pm

TeKnoel wrote:Hi this is still a very valuable plugin and one of the most powerful ways of transforming CAD typographical information into 3d. It would be even more powerful if we could get it to output meshes that were compliant with the new Quad workflow that subdivision surfaces utilizes. I imagine you're familiar with the requirements. would it be a big job to update?

Are you referring to the properties of the diagonal of quads?
0
User avatar
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago



Ad Machine 
Robot
 

Previous


 

Return to Plugins

cron

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests

Visit our sponsors: