[Plugin] AMS Window Settings 4.2.3 (11 March 2017)

Re: [Plugin] AMS Window Settings 4.2.0

Postby Anton_S » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:54 am

Hello Vladislav,

Thanks for feedback. By viewing your screenshot, it seems to me that all Vray windows in the background are not part of SketchUp WebDialogs. I think your Vray windows are launched from a separate application. The show/hide dialogs option was only intended to hide all WebDialogs in SketchUp. A WebDialog is a window/dialog that was created through SketchUp API and not other source. I might add a feature to show/hide "special" windows, like these ones, but this will require me installing Vray and looking in the classification of these windows. Anyway, I will see what I can do.

Anton

Anton_S 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby shake1 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:52 pm

Hi, Anton, thanks for the reply, it would be good to implement this feature.
You can download vray from here:
(V-Ray for SketchUp demo builds 32/64)
http://www.chaosgroup.com/en/2/download ... y-sketchup
shake1 

Postby Anton_S » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:46 pm

Done! Get the AMS Library 2.2.0

Anton_S 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby shake1 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:06 am

It's fantastic, thank you !!!
shake1 

Postby GonzoRus » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:39 pm

Very Mega Super Cooooool!!!!

GonzoRus 

Postby DimaV83 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:48 pm

Anton, am I right, that Full Screen will maximise SU only to the primary screen? Is it possible for plug-in to make it Full Screen on the current screen? (or add an option what screen to use for Full Screen if there is more than one connected)

P.S. Большое спасибо!
DimaV83 

Postby Anton_S » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:59 pm

You're right, Dima. The full screen function associates to the primary screen. I will see what I can do to make it associate to the the desired screen. Thanks for your request.

Anton_S 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby Anton_S » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:39 am

Dima, I updated AMS Library. The full screen function should now, by default, set SketchUp full screen on the monitor SU window is associated to or the most present to. Update AMS Library to version 3.1.4 and the feature should work.

I also added the feature to set SU full screen on all monitors combined, though I haven't implemented it into this plugin yet. For now, to set main window full screen on all monitors, paste this command into the Ruby Console:
AMS::Sketchup.switch_full_screen(true, 2, 2)
See documentation of this function for more details.

Anton_S 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby DimaV83 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:41 am

Anton_S wrote:Dima, I updated AMS Library. The full screen function should now, by default, set SketchUp full screen on the monitor SU window is associated to or the most present to. Update AMS Library to version 3.1.4 and the feature should work.

Thanks! It works fine, checked on each of 3 screens (across 2 video cards).

(I have screens with different resolution and orientation, so full-screen across all of them will not be usable in my case)
DimaV83 

Postby perroloco2000 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:42 am

Hello
Everytime I try to hide menu bar with AMS Windows Settings crash my SU 2016
I´m using AMS Window Setting 4.2.0 and AMS Library 3.1.4 (in Win10)
Please help, is really useful optimize my screen when I work on the laptop
Thanks for your greats plugins

perroloco2000 

Postby rombout » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:58 pm

Is there a option to use this on mac? Is the code that much different when using plugins on apple machines?
rombout 

Postby Pherim » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:49 pm

Hello,

just a small thing, but I noticed that when I set Floating Toolbars to hidden, save the settings and enable "Retain on Start", only some of them are hidden after restarting Sketchup.

Pherim 

Postby Anton_S » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:50 am

@Rombout Currently this plugin is only workable on Windows. Mac OS X API is too different from Windows API. And I don't mean SketchUp Ruby API.

@Pherim Thanks for your report. I will get it fixed soon.

Anton_S 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby rombout » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:40 pm

Okay thanks for answering, I've found a working solution now which hides all panels
rombout 

Postby lionk » Mon May 09, 2016 3:28 pm

hi @Anton_S,
the plugin dialog covered the trays in sketchup 2016. How to use the plugin correctly?
ams.gif

lionk 

Postby Anton_S » Mon May 09, 2016 5:39 pm

Left-click on the title bar of the settings dialog, hold the mouse button down, and drag it to any desired position on screen, where it doesn't intersect the other dialogs. You can also click on the x button to close it.

Anton_S 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby sarkarshomit » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:55 am

The plugin is crashing with this warning:

Error Loading File C:/Users/VD/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/ams_WindowSettings/main.rb
Error: #<NameError: uninitialized constant AMS::Timer>
C:/Users/VD/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/ams_WindowSettings/main.rb:69:in `init'
C:/Users/VD/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/ams_WindowSettings/main.rb:572:in `<top (required)>'
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in `require'
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in `load'
C:/Users/VD/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/ams_WindowSettings.rb:80:in `register_extension'
C:/Users/VD/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/ams_WindowSettings.rb:80:in `<module:WindowSettings>'
C:/Users/VD/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/ams_WindowSettings.rb:62:in `<top (required)>'

I had this working before on my SU16, but now after i updated it is crashing unfortunately :(

PS: I am on Win7Ult 64bit
Explorer V9

PS PS: I had a backup of the older working version which i copy pasted and now it works, but am scared to update!!!

sarkarshomit 

Postby Anton_S » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:47 am

Sarkarshomit, have you upgraded to AMS Library 3.3.0, besides just upgrading the Windows Settings plugin? Because if you haven't, then the AMS Timer error could be depicted due to an old version of AMS Library.

Anton_S 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Re: [Plugin] AMS Window Settings 4.2.1 (17 December 2016)

Postby sarkarshomit » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:24 am

Yes Anton, updated today the libraries...still this error...

Error Loading File C:/Users/VD/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/ams_WindowSettings/main.rb
Error: #<NameError: uninitialized constant AMS::Timer>
C:/Users/VD/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/ams_WindowSettings/main.rb:62:in `init'
C:/Users/VD/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/ams_WindowSettings/main.rb:562:in `<top (required)>'
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in `require'
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in `load'
C:/Users/VD/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/ams_WindowSettings.rb:48:in `register_extension'
C:/Users/VD/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/ams_WindowSettings.rb:48:in `<module:WindowSettings>'
C:/Users/VD/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/ams_WindowSettings.rb:34:in `<top (required)>'

sarkarshomit 

Postby Anton_S » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:42 am

Just tested it on my Windows XP and Windows 10 64bit and it works fine. I really don't know what's wrong with yours. Perhaps you didn't overwrite all the files of AMS library. Try deleting an old version of ams_Lib and ams_Lib.rb from the "C:/Users/VD/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/" folder. Then install the latest version of AMS Library.

Anton_S 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby sarkarshomit » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:11 am

Anton_S wrote:Just tested it on my Windows XP and Windows 10 64bit and it works fine. I really don't know what's wrong with yours. Perhaps you didn't overwrite all the files of AMS library. Try deleting an old version of ams_Lib and ams_Lib.rb from the "C:/Users/VD/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/" folder. Then install the latest version of AMS Library.

Thanks for the trick, it worked fine...regards....

sarkarshomit 

Postby bharralure » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:33 pm

Bonjour Anton,
J'ai installé "ams_WindowsSettings", et il me semble que je rencontre un problème d'affichage de "la boîte de dialogue des paramètre" (voir capture d'écran ci-après).
2017-01-28 15_13_07-.png

Je suis sous "Windows 10 Famille v1607 64 bits", carte graphique "AMD Radeon R7 200 Series v16.6".
J'ai installé (puis désinstallé et réinstallé à nouveau "ams_Lib.rbz_v3.4.1" et "ams_WindowsSettings_v4.2.1".

Je joins également une capture d'écran des différents paramètres qui me sont accessibles depuis le menu "Fenêtre > Réglages"
Auriez-vous une réponse à ce problème?
D'avance merci.
2017-01-28 15_14_57-.png

bharralure 

Re: [Plugin] AMS Window Settings 4.2.2 (9 March 2017)

Postby Anton_S » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:32 am

Hello, bharralure,

My apologies for not responding any sooner. It has been a while since I downloaded a localized SketchUp version. I fixed the bug with localized dialog. Please upgrade to version 4.2.2. Thanks for reporting.

Regards,
Anton

Anton_S 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby bharralure » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:35 pm

Bonjour Anton,
Je viens d'installer la version 4.2.2 qui semble fonctionner parfaitement.
De plus, "cerise sur le gâteau" (expression Français qui, j'espère, sera traduite correctement par Google), la fenêtre est en Français.
Merci Anton pour cette mise à jour efficace.
AMS Window Settings v4.2.2.png

bharralure 

Postby perroloco2000 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:04 pm

Hi Anton,
The setting dialog doesnt display properly and cannot scroll to the option for Retain settings on Start.
The settings aply well but I'm not able to keep them on the start.
Specs: Windows 10 v1607 x64 / SU Pro 2017 v17.0.188899 / AMSlibrary 3.4.1, AMSwindowSettings 4.2.2 / Geforce GTX960M 2GB dedicated / 1920x1080
In my other laptop (same specs as graphics: Intel HD4000 integrated / 1366x768) all works well!!
Maibe a resolution issue? I tried other resolutions and connecting other monitors but same problem. Please help!
Thanks in advance for your help and plugins.
(tried to attach an screnshot)
AMSerror.PNG

perroloco2000 

Postby Anton_S » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:26 am

Thanks for the report, Perroloco. I will fix that soon. By the way, if the Spanish translations are improper, because I used Google translate for them, you can modify the translations for the commands_es.strings and window_settings_es.html, located in ../ams_WindowSettings/lang folder and send me a PM with the two new files so that I could merge them into the plugin.

Anton_S 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Re: [Plugin] AMS Window Settings 4.2.3 (11 March 2017)

Postby Anton_S » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:10 am

Alright, Perroloco, it's fixed now. Please upgrade to version 4.2.3.

Anton_S 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby perroloco2000 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:23 pm

THANKS ANTON!!!
Everything is working perfect now!
For a google translation is really well done. I would only change "Contenedores de barra" for "Barra de herramientas".
Glad I could help you also (tiny help je je). And thanks for your quick reply.
Keep up the good work!

perroloco2000 

Postby Archsuke » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:55 am

how to change language it's not possible

Archsuke 

Postby Jorgensen » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:38 am

Hi Anton

A very nice plugin. It's very satisfying working in full screen with no distracting menu bars :-)

When i first saw the settings menu, I thought that I could select the Mode, and then set settings for this mode, and then select an other mode, and then select settings for this mode. But that seems not to be the case - but i might have misunderstood the use of the plugin.

What I was looking for, was to be able to switch to full screen mode using F11, and then I would not see anything, just a blank clean, non disturbing work screen, then when I press F11, I should come back to a "normal" screen where I can access the different menus, if needed.

Could that setup be possible with this plugin?

Thanks
Jorgensen
sketchup pro 2016 16.1.1449 64 bit | windows 10 pro | i7-3770k @3.5 GHz | 16gb ram | gtx 780 ti / gtx 980 ti | nvidia driver 368.39

Jorgensen 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

PreviousNext

Return to Plugins