[Plugin] Hole Punching Tool

Re: [Plugin] Hole Punching Tool

Postby TIG » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:57 pm

I can replicate your issue.
At the moment I can't see what's happening...

I'm looking at it...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby TIG » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:48 pm

Here's v3.0

Download

I have recoded it for v2017 compatibility***, and also signed it for all v2016/2017 loading-policies.

***The glitch was caused by a change in the way v2017 handles exploded entities - references are now lost as the edges/faces get a new ID - unlike all earlier versions !
This has caused numerous issues across many plugins !
[I'm still fixing EEby... tools !]

Please test and feedback...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby yourpasswordis » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:15 pm

Reporting back to say that 3.0 is not working, behaving same as before.
Furthermore the extension manager lists 'hole punch' and the accompanying 'DeBazier' as unsigned.
Ruby window shows no error, tried with a few different components.
The difference between good enough and awesome is huge
yourpasswordis 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby TIG » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:47 pm

The HolePunch should report as fully signed.***
Although deBabelizer was not re-signed for v2017 - just v2016.

But of course this doesn't matter anyway, if your loading-policy is unrestricted.

It worked just fine with your example SKP.
***But now I see the glitch again - so I suspect I messed up some file swaps within the RBZ whilst re-signing it !

So I have made v4.0, which now includes a fully signed deBabelizer, and I have treble-checked the various files and re-signed the HolePunch too...

Please feed back...

Get v4.0 here...

Download

TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby yourpasswordis » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:20 pm

Hole punch 4.0 works in SU17
TIG for prime minister
The difference between good enough and awesome is huge
yourpasswordis 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby pmolson » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:34 pm

This is my favorite time saving plug in ever!

Tig, I just wanted to make you aware of a behavior I have noticed in 2018 sketchup using latest holepunch download.

If I work on a model for a while, could be a half an hour or a half a day, placing objects that i will be punching after I get them all placed and then start punching them 1 by 1 there is a substantial delay from the time I hit "punch" to the time it actually punches. Upwards of 5 to seven seconds.

If I close the file and re-open it and start punching before i do anything else the punches then punch with virtually no delay.

If I was to to start working on the model after re-starting without punching first the delay will re-establish itself.

Not a big deal to me, because i normally place all my windows without punching and then punch them all when I have them in place so restarting once before I punch is not a big deal.

Just thought you might like to know.

p
pmolson 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby trombe » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:23 am

Hi,
I wanted to try this script out, however checking the compatibility it only runs up to SU2017, however, pmolson, is saying he has it running on 2018, which is wonderful.
After downloading and copy/pasting the script into the SU 2018 plug-ins folder, then opening SU 2018 Pro and testing, I cannot see any available evidence of the plug-in on the context menu after selecting the component - yes, the window component I made is set to "cut opening".
Are you able to advise pmolson ?
thanks in advance

pmolson wrote:This is my favorite time saving plug in ever!

Tig, I just wanted to make you aware of a behavior I have noticed in 2018 sketchup using latest holepunch download.

If I work on a model for a while, could be a half an hour or a half a day, placing objects that i will be punching after I get them all placed and then start punching them 1 by 1 there is a substantial delay from the time I hit "punch" to the time it actually punches. Upwards of 5 to seven seconds.

If I close the file and re-open it and start punching before i do anything else the punches then punch with virtually no delay.

If I was to to start working on the model after re-starting without punching first the delay will re-establish itself.

Not a big deal to me, because i normally place all my windows without punching and then punch them all when I have them in place so restarting once before I punch is not a big deal.

Just thought you might like to know.

p

trombe 

Postby Dave R » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:08 pm

trombe wrote:After downloading and copy/pasting the script into the SU 2018 plug-ins folder, then opening SU 2018 Pro and testing, I cannot see any available evidence of the plug-in on the context menu after selecting the component - yes, the window component I made is set to "cut opening".

Copying and pasting the downloaded file into the Plugins folder is not the correct way to install it. In fact, it doesn't install it at all. After downloading the RBZ file, go to Window>Extension Manager and click on Install Extension. Navigate to the downloaded file and click Open, then Yes.
Etaoin Shrdlu

%

(THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

M30

%
Dave R 
Global Moderator

Postby ARQUISAURIO » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:57 am

FUNCIONANDO EN SU 2017!

ARQUISAURIO 

Postby TIG » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:48 pm

ARQUISAURIO wrote:FUNCIONANDO EN SU 2017!
Almost certainly - with your 'Extension Loading Policy' set to be 'Unrestricted'.
Casi con toda seguridad - la carga de su 'política de extensión' establecida para estar 'sin restricciones'
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Previous

Return to Plugins