[Plugin] ExtrudeTools - Full Set

Re: [Plugin] ExtrudeTools - Zipped Set

Postby wind-borne » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:59 pm

Jeff Hammond wrote:
driven wrote:Cheers TIG,

zip Combo works first time out on the Mac, great to see them altogether now, well done...

still get the 5th button? maybe Jeff could see if it replicates on his Mac.

Jeff, if I open SU with the toolbar off, and then open it I get 4 EEby... tool buttons, if I open SU having not turned off EEby...TB before quiting, I get a 5th button, it does nothing except changes colour, everthing works if it's there or not, would you mind checking before I fresh install everything again? it might be a Mac thing...

john

i can't replicate it.. i always get only 4 toolbar buttons no matter what i do.

i've done it on a PPC/tiger/SU6 & intel/leopard/SU7.

could there be a conflict with another plugin causing this?

following john's scenario, I can replicate.
Maybe a new tool on the horizon :lol: :thumb:
"To read between the lines was easier than to follow the text."OSX 10.11.6 _ _ _ _ _ SU 8 pro
wind-borne 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby jeff hammond » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:11 pm

wind-borne wrote:following john's scenario, I can replicate.
Maybe a new tool on the horizon :lol: :thumb:

oh wait, if i give the toolbar a horizontal orientation then i do in fact get the extra button.. i keep all of my tool bars vertically on the left side and when done like that, it's always 4 buttons.

if i move the 5 button bar to vertical prior to restarting , only 4 will show up after the relaunch.
dotdotdot
jeff hammond 
Global Moderator

Postby driven » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:33 pm

so it is a Mac thing, but quite harmless it seems, and I already asked TIG if it was a new tool pending (sorry no), I also stripped out all my rubies and then did a clean-instal of SU just to see if it would go-away, all to no avail. So I'm quite please it can be replicated... sort of.

I'll try the vertical tip from Jeff and then forget all about.

john
learn from the mistakes of others, you may not live long enough to make them all yourself...

driven 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby TIG » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:23 pm

driven wrote:so it is a Mac thing, but quite harmless it seems, and I already asked TIG if it was a new tool pending (sorry no), I also stripped out all my rubies and then did a clean-instal of SU just to see if it would go-away, all to no avail. So I'm quite please it can be replicated... sort of.

I'll try the vertical tip from Jeff and then forget all about.

john

There MIGHT be a new tool coming... BUT it's nothing to do with that extra button !
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby ken28875 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:22 pm

Awesome tools, TIG.

I have been using it a lot lately and love it. But I run into a problem each time. After using it, whenever I right click on an object, most of the functions are not working and i have to restart Sketchup. I wonder if it's a bug and if anyone else has experienced it.

Thanks,

_KN
Follow Your Dreams.
ken28875 

Postby Rip Tanion » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:43 pm

I've only really tried EEBR so far, but it's really cool and has a multitude of uses.

Personally, I find a tutorial for EEBR unnecessary. I find the plug-in pretty straightforward and easy to use. Still, Arc did a good job with his vid.

Rip Tanion 

Postby TIG » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:10 pm

ken28875 wrote:Awesome tools, TIG.
I have been using it a lot lately and love it. But I run into a problem each time. After using it, whenever I right click on an object, most of the functions are not working and i have to restart Sketchup. I wonder if it's a bug and if anyone else has experienced it.
_KN

This is a known problem - BUT not related directly to any particular Plugin. The latest versions of SUp have a bug where the context-menu items can get 'grayed-out' after a number of repeated 'clicks' on objects; it might also be related to the number of plugins that you have installed.
I also have the problem - the Edit menu last item repeats the context-menu without a glitch - but it is still annoying having to save and restart to fix it...
The SUp team are onto it - hopefully a maintenance release will fix back it as it was... :roll:
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby ken28875 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:23 pm

Thanks, TIG.
Follow Your Dreams.
ken28875 

Postby JClements » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:32 am

The latest versions of SUp have a bug where the context-menu items can get 'grayed-out' after a number of repeated 'clicks' on objects; it might also be related to the number of plugins that you have installed.
I also have the problem - the Edit menu last item repeats the context-menu without a glitch - but it is still annoying having to save and restart to fix it...
The SUp team are onto it - hopefully a maintenance release will fix back it as

And I thought I was the only one having this problem! Thanks for mentioning it.
John
Illustrator
Beaverton, Oregon
JClements 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby d12dozr » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:56 am

Thanks TIG, Just dl'd and played a bit. I like the zipped set...makes it so much easier. Cheers!
3D Printing with SketchUp Book
http://goo.gl/f7ooYh

d12dozr 
Top SketchUcator

Postby haynesc » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:08 pm

will the zipped set be updated along with each update of each individual plugin ?

haynesc 

Postby TIG » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:18 pm

haynesc wrote:will the zipped set be updated along with each update of each individual plugin ?

The individual EEby.. tools will no longer be updated.
Any new or updated EEby tool[s] will be issued in this zipped set...
However, the 'notes' will remain in each individual tool's thread, and I shall also remove the downloads from each at the next update... [which might be next week].
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby haynesc » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:40 pm

TIG wrote:
haynesc wrote:will the zipped set be updated along with each update of each individual plugin ?

The individual EEby.. tools will no longer be updated.
Any new or updated EEby tool[s] will be issued in this zipped set...
However, the 'notes' will remain in each individual tool's thread, and I shall also remove the downloads from each at the next update... [which might be next week].

cool ... much easier

haynesc 

Postby majid » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:04 pm

Thnak you again dear Tig :) :berserk:
My V-Ray book for architects: https://goo.gl/cz1oRc
majid 
Top SketchUcator

Postby remus » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:23 pm

I downloaded this a while ago and forgot to say thanks, so thanks! These are those most sacred of tools that bring entirely new functionality to SU.

remus 

Postby TIG » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:52 pm

Here's today's update viewtopic.php?p=217663#p217663
Contains two new tools:
EEbyFace (followme-like tool using a preselected 'flat' face with multiple paths if desired)
EEbyRailsByFace (uses EEbyFace across a mesh picked by Profile/Rail1/Rail2/Melding-Profile just like EEbyRails to form a 'rib-cage')
Links to their threads are in the main page... :ugeek:
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby dedmin » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:23 pm

:berserk: :berserk: :berserk: :berserk:

dedmin 

Postby driven » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:53 pm

Hi Tig, more toys,,, excellent

EEbyRailsbyFace isn't working on my Mac, and when I looked at the code, line 632 comments out all lines through to 693 which look important to me.

might this be my issue?

cheers

john
learn from the mistakes of others, you may not live long enough to make them all yourself...

driven 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby TIG » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:00 pm

driven

That code is legacy stiff from EEbyRails that I found I didn't ever need [yet] but I left it in but 'commented' out just in case - so that's not the problem...

When you try it on your Mac what errors do you get in the in the Ruby Console ? :?
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby driven » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:13 pm

Error: #<NoMethodError: undefined method `db' for #<Object:0x3f319f4>>
/Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp 7/SketchUp/Plugins/extrudeEdgesByFace.rb:359:in `extrudeEdgesByFace'
/Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp 7/SketchUp/Plugins/extrudeEdgesByFace.rb:463

driven 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby TIG » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:28 pm

Thanks - that points to a typo in the file that doesn't cause me a problem while checking it... but does you !

I'll fix it and reissue a new zip... :roll:
Last edited by TIG on Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby TIG » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:43 pm

Here's an updated zip file viewtopic.php?p=217663#p217663

It's issued because the EEbyFace tool had a simple typo in it that meant that whilst it didn't affect my testing of it, it did mess up some of you - it's been fixed in the latest zip file... Sorry for any inconvenience :oops:
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby driven » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:49 pm

no problem,

I EExRxF is working although it does crash out if you do it wrong, and it is that one that wasn't even starting.

I was looking at the code for both (to see what I was doing wrong) when I saw the comment-out bit, then I got mixed up which was in error...

john

driven 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby driven » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:56 pm

Working a treat..... cheers again

driven 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby TIG » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:10 pm

Here's an updated version viewtopic.php?p=217663#p217663
Main changes are in EEbyFace and the related EEbyFaceByRails - their extruded form is now consistently oriented.
Also minor speed improvements and the lingvo files updates.
Minor tweaks to some other tools db setups etc - these will probably go unnoticed by most of you...

Feedback please :geek:
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby jessemorton24 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:49 am

Feedback....I noticed the uniform spline of Fredo's makes the sexest railed surfaces. I do think the bezier command shrinks these curves..But Thank you!! I will be donating on your behalf soon. Like the day I can actually put money in my pocket, sweariingly.. I use your tools the most!! lately. Much THANKS and donation soon!!!!
Cheers!
Parkways, Driveways, Gateways, Pathways...

jessemorton24 

Postby haynesc » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:13 pm

Hi TIG would you be able to place your tools in a sub-menu like iv shown above ?
... would help keep our plugins list smaller ...

Thanks

haynesc 

Postby TIG » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:29 pm

haynesc wrote:

Hi TIG would you be able to place your tools in a sub-menu like iv shown above ?
... would help keep our plugins list smaller ...
Thanks

Good idea - watch for next update....
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby TIG » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:53 pm

Here's the latest version viewtopic.php?p=217663#p217663
It now loads all of the available Extrusion Tools into one 'Extrusion Tools...' sub-menu in the Plugins menu...
:geek:
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby Ruturaj » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:06 am

Thank you TIG

:berserk: GooD ;)
Thanks,
RuturaJ

Ruturaj 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts