[Plugin Library] LibFredo6 - v8.5b - 14 Jul 18

Re: [Plugin Library] LibFredo6 - v8.4g - 10 Jun 18

Postby jjbrown » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:43 pm

TIG wrote:Get the Lib from here: https://sketchucation.com/pluginstore?pln=LibFredo6
Then install it using the SketchUp > Window > Extension Manager dialog "Install Extension" red-button...

Also ensure that the installed extensions show as 'enabled' in the dialog.
Unless you have your Extension Manager's Loading-policy set to 'Unrestricted' you might have issues with older extensions - however, because Fredo's tools are up to date and properly 'signed' that should NOT be an issue... but perhaps try that just in case ?

Remember that the Lib on its own does little, but it vitally supports many of Fredo's other extensions.
Also after its installation [and those of any related extensions], then please close SketchUp and restart it to ensure that the Lib and its related extensions get fully registered and synced.

THIS WORKED .... THANK YOU !!!

jjbrown 

Postby thasimakis » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:22 pm

Hello all

I am having a problem with the toolbar visualisation. I can't find it anywhere. I have installed properly the plugin as seen in fredo's installation tutorial but it doesn't show up on my toolbar list

Any ideas?

thasimakis 

Postby fredo6 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:32 pm

thasimakis wrote:I am having a problem with the toolbar visualisation. I can't find it anywhere. I have installed properly the plugin as seen in fredo's installation tutorial but it doesn't show up on my toolbar list

LibFredo6, which is simply a shared library, does not have any toolbar and does not do anything alone.
You need to install another of my plugins (like RoundCorner, FredoScale, ...) to see a toolbar for these plugins.

Fredo
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby wriopomba » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:14 am

v8.4g didn't work on my computer :(. I would like to try a old version but i don't find it to donwload.

wriopomba 

Postby fredo6 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:32 pm

wriopomba wrote:v8.4g didn't work on my computer :(. I would like to try a old version but i don't find it to donwload.

It would be useful to know what 'does not work'.

Fredo
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby GHira » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:11 pm

Hello,

V8.4g didn't work well in my pc too.
My sketchup versions are 2018pro and 2014pro, and both of them don't work well.

This is error message. Sorry for two-byte text for I use Japanese version....
First line is just noticing error.
-----
Fredo6_!LibFredo6.rbファイルをロード中にエラー発生
Error: #<ArgumentError: invalid byte sequence in UTF-8>
c:/users/美穂子/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2018/sketchup/plugins/fredo6_!libfredo6/top_libfredo6.rbe:43:in `gsub'
c:/users/美穂子/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2018/sketchup/plugins/fredo6_!libfredo6/top_libfredo6.rbe:43:in `get_dir_from_ENV'
c:/users/美穂子/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2018/sketchup/plugins/fredo6_!libfredo6/top_libfredo6.rbe:405:in `dir_appdata'
c:/users/美穂子/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2018/sketchup/plugins/fredo6_!libfredo6/top_libfredo6.rbe:204:in `startup'
C:/Users/美穂子/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2018/SketchUp/Plugins/Fredo6_!LibFredo6.rb:63:in `process'
C:/Users/美穂子/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2018/SketchUp/Plugins/Fredo6_!LibFredo6.rb:70:in `<module:LibFredo6_Loader>'
C:/Users/美穂子/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2018/SketchUp/Plugins/Fredo6_!LibFredo6.rb:28:in `<top (required)>'
-----

I wondered that this occurs because of my two-bite code user dir name(which automatically named when I installed win10),
but when I use older version libFredo, This problem didn't occur.

Does this helps you?

GHira 

Postby GHira » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:39 pm

By way of experiment, I made new windows user named alphabetical, and I newlly installed libfredo. then my probrem on this plugin was solved, It seems to be work well.

Sorry for my impatience and Thanks for wonderfull plugin...

GHira 

Postby fredo6 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:14 pm

@GHira,

Definitely the error comes from your 2-bytes Windows username.

Your profile indicates that you use Sketchup 2014. Is that correct?

If so, then I suggest you move to Sketchup Make 2017 or Sketchup Pro 2018, which have a better support of Unicode in Ruby.

Fredo
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby guz » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:00 pm

I'm having a similar issue with Curviloft (see attached image).
Perhaps there is a conflict with VRay? Was trying to troubleshoot why my toolbars wouldn't save their position. Ended up uninstalling / reinstalling plug-ins and received the Curviloft 1.7d: Error starting up plugin (creating menus and icons) error as well as a "lib6core.rbe:1058:in 'rescue in block in effective_load_part2" error.

-guz

Sorry, I just realized that the max size for an image is 2MB and 1600 px. I resized it here.
error message on Install of Fredo smaller.jpg
Last edited by guz on Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
guz 

Postby fredo6 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:55 am

guz wrote:I'm having a similar issue with Curviloft (see attached image).

I don't find the attached image.

Fredo
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby guz » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:36 pm

Apologies for that. I didn't read the image limitations when I made my attachment. It is fixed now.
guz 

Re: [Plugin Library] LibFredo6 - v8.5a - 13 Jul 18

Postby fredo6 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:42 am

NEW RELEASE: LibFredo6 v8.5a - 13 Jul 18

LibFredo6 8.5a is for Animator 2.2a and bug fixing

_______________________________________________________________________________________

See plugin home page of LibFredo6 for Download of LibFredo6.

Main Post of the LibFredo6 thread

Fredo
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby penumbra » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:20 pm

by process of elimination i discovered today that Fredo6 plugins are making my SU 2017 Pro run very very slow at satrtup and when i invoke the toolbards dialog box. I disabled all my plugins to find that sketchup ran fine. i enabled Fredo 6 lpugins again and slowness occurs again. I ahve udpated to latest version of all Fredo 6 plugins but have found the probelm persists.

windows 7 64 bit syste 32GB ram
Video Card Nvidia quadro M1000M

Edit: perhaps not, also disabled Vray and find better performance.

penumbra 

Postby fredo6 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:05 pm

@penumbra

You have a performance menu entry showing the time to load for my plugins. I am interested by the result.

Is the slowness only for the startup time, and/or after when you model in Sketchup. Do you observe a lag after you see all toolbars displayed?

Fredo
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Re: [Plugin Library] LibFredo6 - v8.5b - 14 Jul 18

Postby fredo6 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:53 pm

NEW RELEASE: LibFredo6 v8.5b - 14 Jul 18

LibFredo6 8.5b is for Animator 2.2b (Full Screen option) and bug fixing

_______________________________________________________________________________________

See plugin home page of LibFredo6 for Download of LibFredo6.

Main Post of the LibFredo6 thread

Fredo
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Previous

Return to Plugins