[Plugin Library] LibFredo6 - v8.6h - 15 Oct 18

Re: [Plugin Library] LibFredo6 - v3.4b - 11 Nov 09

Postby Gaieus » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:10 pm

exodiaangel wrote:do i need to be a special type of member or something to download the roundcorners thing? coz i am SO confused :? :?:
HELP PLEASE!!

Hi Laura,

The plugin is attached at the very bottom of the very first post generally. Fredo tends to supply abundant further info and the whole changelog in his first post but you only need what is attached at the bottom really.

And yes, this library, too, in the topic of which we are now at the moment.
0
User avatar
Gaieus 
 

Re: [Plugin Library] LibFredo6 - v3.4b - 11 Nov 09

Postby chrisdell » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:12 pm

Okay this thread is as clear as mud.

What previously named English version of Fredo do I need to install to get the non-Chinese current version of the recently name changed version for Mac?

All the links seems inter connected to form a nice vicious circle.
0

chrisdell 
 

Re: [Plugin Library] LibFredo6 - v3.4b - 11 Nov 09

Postby massimo » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:42 pm

It seems quite clear to me. The "original" (english) zipped folder is, as usual, at the bottom of the first post of this thread.
0
User avatar
massimo 
 

Re: [Plugin Library] LibFredo6 - v3.4b - 11 Nov 09

Postby Gogle Sketchup » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:09 am

Hi, Fredo.

Thanks for all your stuff. I have to tell you about a problem from my computer. I extracted all folders as you tell but Sketchup gives an arror like this:

"""Cannot load plugin FredoScale because the script cannot create DEFRAPAM_Dir folder in:
"C:/Program Files/Google/Google Sketchup 7/Plugins"

Please create it manually, respecting the case"""

It gives the same error for all your plugins. I didn't understand the problem.

Sorry for disturbing, and thank you...
0

Gogle Sketchup 
 

Re: [Plugin Library] LibFredo6 - v3.4b - 11 Nov 09

Postby Gogle Sketchup » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:42 am

I have tried to load for ten times, but nothing happened. It is an amazing plug-in, if there is anybody who saw the same error with me, please help me with it.
0

Gogle Sketchup 
 

Re: [Plugin Library] LibFredo6 - v3.4b - 11 Nov 09

Postby agamemnus » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:45 am

OK, I finally read the PDF, and I like all these features. I do.

I just can't pin this bug down yet, but I am occasionally experiencing a problem with being unable to rotate, group, or flip certain elements when the Fredoscale z loader is active. Sometimes, the option to Group is in the "View" menu but not in the Context menu.
0

agamemnus 
 

Re: [Plugin Library] LibFredo6 - v3.4b - 11 Nov 09

Postby fredo6 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:33 am

Gogle Sketchup wrote:Hi, Fredo.

Thanks for all your stuff. I have to tell you about a problem from my computer. I extracted all folders as you tell but Sketchup gives an arror like this:

"""Cannot load plugin FredoScale because the script cannot create DEFRAPAM_Dir folder in:
"C:/Program Files/Google/Google Sketchup 7/Plugins"

Please create it manually, respecting the case"""

It gives the same error for all your plugins. I didn't understand the problem.

Sorry for disturbing, and thank you...

It is a problem of Access Right to your C:\Program Files drive with Vista. The plugin creates this folder to store default parameters. Try to create it manually. You may also want to disable high protection level for the Plugin folder C:/Program Files/Google/Google Sketchup 7/Plugins.

Fredo
0
User avatar
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin Library] LibFredo6 - v3.4b - 11 Nov 09

Postby stoop-it » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:29 am

hi,

I can't seem to get this plug in to work..... it has been downloaded as instructed but i cant seem to find the ruby in sketchup... did i miss something.... sometimes my name explains my problems :sketchstatic:

thank you
0

stoop-it 
 

Re: [Plugin Library] LibFredo6 - v3.4b - 11 Nov 09

Postby stoop-it » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:39 pm

Hey Fredo,

thank you very much!!!!! you are dead on!!!!!!!! this works Awesome.... :thumb: :fecstatic: :berserk: :sketchstatic: :ecstatic: :roflmao: :lol:
0

stoop-it 
 

Re: [Plugin Library] LibFredo6 - v3.4b - 11 Nov 09

Postby Tak1111 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:12 pm

Hi Fredo,
New member here and new user to SU, running on a Mac.
It looks like I'm encountering the same problem as 'stoop-it.'
So far I've download the LibFredo6 3.4b.zip file(your posting Mar 28, 2009) and placed it in the plugins folder. After numerous tries I still can't find the tools in the program. I also loaded FREDOSCALE_Dir_20, still having trouble...

Can you please help? This tool looks great, I can't wait to give it a try!
Thank you very much!!!
Tak
0

Tak1111 
 

Re: [Plugin Library] LibFredo6 - v3.4b - 11 Nov 09

Postby mitcorb » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:36 pm

If I can offer some insight:
LibFredo3.4b is a helper file for many of Fredo's tools. It does not perform any magic on stage. It operates behind the curtains.
Which tool do you wish to download?
There is FredoScale, Tools on Surface, Bezierspline and others.
0
I take the slow, deliberate approach in my aimless wandering.
User avatar
mitcorb 
Top SketchUcator
 

Re: [Plugin Library] LibFredo6 - v3.4b - 11 Nov 09

Postby Tak1111 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:28 pm

mitcorb wrote:If I can offer some insight:
LibFredo3.4b is a helper file for many of Fredo's tools. It does not perform any magic on stage. It operates behind the curtains.
Which tool do you wish to download?
There is FredoScale, Tools on Surface, Bezierspline and others.



Thank you for asking the most obvious question! I had mistaken the LibFredo3.4b to be the RoundCorner tool... Just loaded the plugin and all is well! Can't wait to put it to real use!
Thank you Mitcorb and thank you Fredo for the plugin!!!
0

Tak1111 
 

Re: [Plugin Library] LibFredo6 - v3.4b - 11 Nov 09

Postby monmonred » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:19 am

Hey there! i extracted both the FredoScale.0h and LibFredo6 3.4b rar files to the plugins folder of sketchup but i cant seem to figure out how to make it work. i tried reinstalling sketchup, and even tried both version 7.0 and version 7.1 but it still doens't work. i even removed all the other plugins then re-extract the files but still it wont work. i really need help here man.

the following just pops-up whenever i load sketchup:

Error Loading File D:/Karlo's Folder/Programs & Softwares/Google SketchupPro7/Plugins/FREDOSCALE_Dir_20/__loader.rb
(eval):1:in `module_eval': compile error
(eval):1: syntax error
module Traductor ;Traductor::T6Mod.enable(self, 'D:/Karlo's Folder/Programs & Softwares/Google SketchupPro7/Plugins/LIBFREDO6_Dir_34', 'LibFredo6') ; MYDEFPARAM = MYPLUGIN.create_def_param(self) ; SU_MAJOR_VERSION = (Sketchup.version[0..0]).to_i ; PC_OR_MAC = (RUBY_PLATFORM =~ /darwin/i) ? 'MAC' : 'PC' ;end
^
(eval):1: syntax error
module Traductor ;Traductor::T6Mod.enable(self, 'D:/Karlo's Folder/Programs & Softwares/Google SketchupPro7/Plugins/LIBFREDO6_Dir_34', 'LibFredo6') ; MYDEFPARAM = MYPLUGIN.create_def_param(self) ; SU_MAJOR_VERSION = (Sketchup.version[0..0]).to_i ; PC_OR_MAC = (RUBY_PLATFORM =~ /darwin/i) ? 'MAC' : 'PC' ;end
^
(eval):1: syntax error
module Traductor ;Traductor::T6Mod.enable(self, 'D:/Karlo's Folder/Programs & Softwares/Google SketchupPro7/Plugins/LIBFREDO6_Dir_34', 'LibFredo6') ; MYDEFPARAM = MYPLUGIN.create_def_param(self) ; SU_MAJOR_VERSION = (Sketchup.version[0..0]).to_i ; PC_OR_MAC = (RUBY_PLATFORM =~ /darwin/i) ? 'MAC' : 'PC' ;end
^
(eval):1: syntax error
module Traductor ;Traductor::T6Mod.enable(self, 'D:/Karlo's Folder/Programs & Softwares/Google SketchupPro7/Plugins/LIBFREDO6_Dir_34', 'LibFredo6') ; MYDEFPARAM = MYPLUGIN.create_def_param(self) ; SU_MAJOR_VERSION = (Sketchup.version[0..0]).to_i ; PC_OR_MAC = (RUBY_PLATFORM =~ /darwin/i) ? 'MAC' : 'PC' ;end
^
(eval):1: syntax error
module Traductor ;Traductor::T6Mod.enable(self, 'D:/Karlo's Folder/Programs & Softwares/Google SketchupPro7/Plugins/LIBFREDO6_Dir_34', 'LibFredo6') ; MYDEFPARAM = MYPLUGIN.create_def_param(self) ; SU_MAJOR_VERSION = (Sketchup.version[0..0]).to_i ; PC_OR_MAC = (RUBY_PLATFORM =~ /darwin/i) ? 'MAC' : 'PC' ;end
^
(eval):1: syntax error
module Traductor ;Traductor::T6Mod.enable(self, 'D:/Karlo's Folder/Programs & Softwares/Google SketchupPro7/Plugins/LIBFREDO6_Dir_34', 'LibFredo6') ; MYDEFPARAM = MYPLUGIN.create_def_param(self) ; SU_MAJOR_VERSION = (Sketchup.version[0..0]).to_i ; PC_OR_MAC = (RUBY_PLATFORM =~ /darwin/i) ? 'MAC' : 'PC' ;end
^
(eval):1: unterminated string meets end of file
(eval):1: syntax error
module Traductor ;Traductor::T6Mod.enable(self, 'D:/Karlo's Folder/Programs & Softwares/Google SketchupPro7/Plugins/LIBFREDO6_Dir_34', 'LibFredo6') ; MYDEFPARAM = MYPLUGIN.create_def_param(self) ; SU_MAJOR_VERSION = (Sketchup.version[0..0]).to_i ; PC_OR_MAC = (RUBY_PLATFORM =~ /darwin/i) ? 'MAC' : 'PC' ;end
^Error Loading File ZLoader__FredoScale.rb
(eval):1:in `module_eval': compile error
(eval):1: syntax error
module Traductor ;Traductor::T6Mod.enable(self, 'D:/Karlo's Folder/Programs & Softwares/Google SketchupPro7/Plugins/LIBFREDO6_Dir_34', 'LibFredo6') ; MYDEFPARAM = MYPLUGIN.create_def_param(self) ; SU_MAJOR_VERSION = (Sketchup.version[0..0]).to_i ; PC_OR_MAC = (RUBY_PLATFORM =~ /darwin/i) ? 'MAC' : 'PC' ;end
^
(eval):1: syntax error
module Traductor ;Traductor::T6Mod.enable(self, 'D:/Karlo's Folder/Programs & Softwares/Google SketchupPro7/Plugins/LIBFREDO6_Dir_34', 'LibFredo6') ; MYDEFPARAM = MYPLUGIN.create_def_param(self) ; SU_MAJOR_VERSION = (Sketchup.version[0..0]).to_i ; PC_OR_MAC = (RUBY_PLATFORM =~ /darwin/i) ? 'MAC' : 'PC' ;end
^
(eval):1: syntax error
module Traductor ;Traductor::T6Mod.enable(self, 'D:/Karlo's Folder/Programs & Softwares/Google SketchupPro7/Plugins/LIBFREDO6_Dir_34', 'LibFredo6') ; MYDEFPARAM = MYPLUGIN.create_def_param(self) ; SU_MAJOR_VERSION = (Sketchup.version[0..0]).to_i ; PC_OR_MAC = (RUBY_PLATFORM =~ /darwin/i) ? 'MAC' : 'PC' ;end
^
(eval):1: syntax error
module Traductor ;Traductor::T6Mod.enable(self, 'D:/Karlo's Folder/Programs & Softwares/Google SketchupPro7/Plugins/LIBFREDO6_Dir_34', 'LibFredo6') ; MYDEFPARAM = MYPLUGIN.create_def_param(self) ; SU_MAJOR_VERSION = (Sketchup.version[0..0]).to_i ; PC_OR_MAC = (RUBY_PLATFORM =~ /darwin/i) ? 'MAC' : 'PC' ;end
^
(eval):1: syntax error
module Traductor ;Traductor::T6Mod.enable(self, 'D:/Karlo's Folder/Programs & Softwares/Google SketchupPro7/Plugins/LIBFREDO6_Dir_34', 'LibFredo6') ; MYDEFPARAM = MYPLUGIN.create_def_param(self) ; SU_MAJOR_VERSION = (Sketchup.version[0..0]).to_i ; PC_OR_MAC = (RUBY_PLATFORM =~ /darwin/i) ? 'MAC' : 'PC' ;end
^
(eval):1: syntax error
module Traductor ;Traductor::T6Mod.enable(self, 'D:/Karlo's Folder/Programs & Softwares/Google SketchupPro7/Plugins/LIBFREDO6_Dir_34', 'LibFredo6') ; MYDEFPARAM = MYPLUGIN.create_def_param(self) ; SU_MAJOR_VERSION = (Sketchup.version[0..0]).to_i ; PC_OR_MAC = (RUBY_PLATFORM =~ /darwin/i) ? 'MAC' : 'PC' ;end
^
(eval):1: unterminated string meets end of file
(eval):1: syntax error
module Traductor ;Traductor::T6Mod.enable(self, 'D:/Karlo's Folder/Programs & Softwares/Google SketchupPro7/Plugins/LIBFREDO6_Dir_34', 'LibFredo6') ; MYDEFPARAM = MYPLUGIN.create_def_param(self) ; SU_MAJOR_VERSION = (Sketchup.version[0..0]).to_i ; PC_OR_MAC = (RUBY_PLATFORM =~ /darwin/i) ? 'MAC' : 'PC' ;end
^


***

THANKS SO MUCH!!!
0
+Greatness may be measured on how much we have lost for the betterment of mankind+

monmonred 
 

Re: [Plugin Library] LibFredo6 - v3.4b - 11 Nov 09

Postby fredo6 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:32 am

monmonred wrote:Hey there! i extracted both the FredoScale.0h and LibFredo6 3.4b rar files to the plugins folder of sketchup but i cant seem to figure out how to make it work. i tried reinstalling sketchup, and even tried both version 7.0 and version 7.1 but it still doens't work. i even removed all the other plugins then re-extract the files but still it wont work. i really need help here man

It seems to be a wrong installation. Please check the file and folder footprint, as indicated in the main posts and in the doc.

By the way, you refer to .rar archive. I only publish my plugins as .zip archives. Did you get them from another source than Sketchucation?

Fredo
0
User avatar
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin Library] LibFredo6 - v3.4b - 11 Nov 09

Postby agamemnus » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:54 am

Ok, I don't know exactly what's wrong but I am guessing it has to do with memory (undo/redo interference?) and/or interference with other functions. As I posted before, when I have this library active (the loader is in plugins), my flip, rotate, and group tools gradually become greyed out. The "greying-out" happens a lot faster on bigger models.

This can happen when I don't use any library functions, either.
0

agamemnus 
 

Re: [Plugin Library] LibFredo6 - v3.4b - 11 Nov 09

Postby fredo6 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:35 pm

agamemnus wrote:Ok, I don't know exactly what's wrong but I am guessing it has to do with memory (undo/redo interference?) and/or interference with other functions. As I posted before, when I have this library active (the loader is in plugins), my flip, rotate, and group tools gradually become greyed out. The "greying-out" happens a lot faster on bigger models.

This can happen when I don't use any library functions, either.

I think the greying out of menus may happen anyway. I have seen a bug report about this issue in SU7 and 7.1
To all users : is this something you experience as well, and is it in relation with LibFredo6?

Fredo
0
User avatar
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin Library] LibFredo6 - v3.4b - 11 Nov 09

Postby emperorgus » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:24 am

i've read all the posts of this thread...
i'm on a macbook pro
mac osX 10.6.2

I've put all the right things in their right place
libfredo6.rb --> plugins folder
lib6*.rb --> in plugins folder

and when i open sketchup 7 i get this :

Error Loading File Lib6Tool.rb
uninitialized constant Traductor::T6

someone have an idea of what is going on ??

and while im here is there a description of what all the script included in the version 3.4 of your library do??

thx to fredo who is really patient and helpfull to all!!
0

emperorgus 
 

Re: [Plugin Library] LibFredo6 - v3.4b - 11 Nov 09

Postby fredo6 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:12 pm

emperorgus wrote:i've read all the posts of this thread...
i'm on a macbook pro
mac osX 10.6.2

I've put all the right things in their right place
libfredo6.rb --> plugins folder
lib6*.rb --> in plugins folder

and when i open sketchup 7 i get this :

Error Loading File Lib6Tool.rb
uninitialized constant Traductor::T6

someone have an idea of what is going on ??

and while im here is there a description of what all the script included in the version 3.4 of your library do??

thx to fredo who is really patient and helpfull to all!!

This is a wrong installation. Please read the the post and PDF documentation where you have the footprint of the plugin. basically, you should never copy or rename files manually. Just unzip the provided archive into the Sketchup Plugins folder. It should create ONE folder (FREDOSCALE_DIR_20 and ONE small file ZLoader_Fredoscale.rb. same for LibFredo6 (LIBFREDO6_Dir_34 and LibFredo6.rb)

Fredo
0
User avatar
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin Library] LibFredo6 - v3.4b - 11 Nov 09

Postby ByKAz » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:51 pm

Hi I'm a Mac osx Leopard user and I proceed with the download and the installation following the manual and after done I can't see the LibFredo settings on the SU Windows menu.
Anybody have experienced the same, have some different trick for Mac users installation?
Thanks.

I found what I'm doing wrong, first of all after install the LibFredo i was trying to open on SU windows menu, no way... You must need install another Fredo plugin to work the LibFredo, After I realize that I go ahead and install FredoScale, after download both you have to copy/paste in both cases the folders (LibFredo6_Dir_34 and Fredoscale_Dir_20) and the (LibFredo6.rb and Zloader_Fredoscale.rb) inside the MacHD/Library,Application Support/GoogleSketchup7/plugins/
But the trick is that both file.rb need to be inside its respective folders.
After I did it, I open the SU and there it is, both working properly...
The FredoScale is really good, Thanks Fredo!
0

ByKAz 
 

Re: [Plugin Library] LibFredo6 - v3.4b - 11 Nov 09

Postby shant1987 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:30 pm

guys i've tried installing it a thousand times and no use! i'm moving the folder LIBFREDO6_Dir_34 & file LibFredo6.rb to /Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp 7/SketchUp/plugins
when i open sketchup the plugin is nowhere to be found..what am i doing wrong!? I'm on a Mac 10.6.3 and sketchup version 7 (7.0.8656) :?:
0

shant1987 
 

Re: [Plugin Library] LibFredo6 - v3.4b - 11 Nov 09

Postby chrisdell » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:58 pm

emperorgus wrote:i've read all the posts of this thread...
i'm on a macbook pro
mac osX 10.6.2

I've put all the right things in their right place
libfredo6.rb --> plugins folder
lib6*.rb --> in plugins folder

and when i open sketchup 7 i get this :

Error Loading File Lib6Tool.rb
uninitialized constant Traductor::T6

someone have an idea of what is going on ??

and while im here is there a description of what all the script included in the version 3.4 of your library do??

thx to fredo who is really patient and helpfull to all!!


emperorgus,

If you figure it out let me know how you did, I've been trying on and off for weeks and I can't figure out what file goes where or what file to install first, or what pdf has the bit of needed information you need to get this plugin to work.

This may be the best plugin ever, but it's also the worst set of install instructions ever.
0

chrisdell 
 

Re: [Plugin Library] LibFredo6 - v3.4b - 11 Nov 09

Postby kienho » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:41 pm

I have done every steps in the tutorial pdf file but It still doesn't work. I'm using Google sketchup pro 7.0.
0
Last edited by kienho on Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

kienho 
 

Re: [Plugin Library] LibFredo6 - v3.4b - 11 Nov 09

Postby fredo6 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:51 pm

ChrisDell wrote:I've put all the right things in their right place
libfredo6.rb --> plugins folder
lib6*.rb --> in plugins folder

Chris and emperorgus

You did not do the right unzip operation. And Anyway, you do not have to move individual files manually.
In the Sketchup Plugins folder you should only have
  • LibFredo6.rb
  • LIBFREDO6_Dir_34 folder
  • ZLoader__FredoScale.rb
  • FREDOSCALE_Dir_20 folder

This may have to do with your unzip program or your web browser.
I would suggest that you unzip in a neutral place, check that you reconstruct the files and folders with the correct hierarchy and then copy the 2 files and 2 folders manually to the Sketchup Directory.
Also, have a look at the PDF documentation where the installation is described in more details than in the post.

Fredo
0
User avatar
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin Library] LibFredo6 - v3.4b - 11 Nov 09

Postby emperorgus » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:43 am

I've tried what you proposed two times (once using safari and the other time using firefox)
and i only have these two file/folder :

LibFredo6.rb
LIBFREDO6_Dir_34 folder


i don't see these two anywhere :

ZLoader__FredoScale.rb
FREDOSCALE_Dir_20 folder

Thx for the answer!! maybe i'm just too dumb to make it work...
I will try again...
Thx for ur work i'm sure it's great...
0

emperorgus 
 

Re: [Plugin Library] LibFredo6 - v3.4b - 11 Nov 09

Postby massimo » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:35 am

Sorry emperorgus, but have you read the first post of this thread and the PDF manual :?:
This plugin do nothing by itself, it works in association with Fredo's plugins like Fredoscale, Round corner etc. So your two file/folder download of LibFredo is correct, BUT you need to download also the plugin you're interested in.
As Fredo wrote in this thread:
LibFredo6 is shared between several of my plugins. It provides a lot of basic functions (for instance the button palette management, the translation, and a large part of the interactive tools).
But for the user, it does not do anything by itself, unless used by the real plugins.
0
User avatar
massimo 
 

Re: [Plugin Library] LibFredo6 - v3.4b - 11 Nov 09

Postby louisr57 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:42 pm

Fredo6 wrote:
agamemnus wrote:Ok, I don't know exactly what's wrong but I am guessing it has to do with memory (undo/redo interference?) and/or interference with other functions. As I posted before, when I have this library active (the loader is in plugins), my flip, rotate, and group tools gradually become greyed out. The "greying-out" happens a lot faster on bigger models.

This can happen when I don't use any library functions, either.

I think the greying out of menus may happen anyway. I have seen a bug report about this issue in SU7 and 7.1
To all users : is this something you experience as well, and is it in relation with LibFredo6?

Fredo


Greetings Fredo,

I can't wait to try these great new tools (TOS, etc.) ... the buttons and menu items are there ... but they are all GREYED-OUT (caps for emphasis only ... not yelling!) ... I've reviewed the pdf's and the posts for clues ... all the required folders are there in the right place (under Sketchup plugins folder) ... I've shut-down and restarted Sketchup multiple times ... to no avail. Will try stripping the plugins folder of everything except your stuff and see what happens. Please advise when you have a moment.

Thanks very much,

Louis Radakir
Ottawa, ON, Canada
0

louisr57 
 

Re: [Plugin Library] LibFredo6 - v3.4b - 11 Nov 09

Postby fredo6 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:49 pm

louisr57 wrote:... the buttons and menu items are there ... but they are all GREYED-OUT (caps for emphasis only ... not yelling!) ... I've reviewed the pdf's and the posts for clues ... all the required folders are there in the right place (under Sketchup plugins folder) ... I've shut-down and restarted Sketchup multiple times ... to no avail. Will try stripping the plugins folder of everything except your stuff and see what happens. Please advise when you have a moment.

Are you referring to the main toolbar and the main menus? If so this would be very strange, because there is no mechanism to gray them out in my plugins.
If you have a picture, it would help understand.

Thanks

Fred
0
User avatar
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin Library] LibFredo6 - v3.4b - 11 Nov 09

Postby TIG » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:54 am

Fredo6 wrote:
louisr57 wrote:... the buttons and menu items are there ... but they are all GREYED-OUT (caps for emphasis only ... not yelling!) ... I've reviewed the pdf's and the posts for clues ... all the required folders are there in the right place (under Sketchup plugins folder) ... I've shut-down and restarted Sketchup multiple times ... to no avail. Will try stripping the plugins folder of everything except your stuff and see what happens. Please advise when you have a moment.

Are you referring to the main toolbar and the main menus? If so this would be very strange, because there is no mechanism to gray them out in my plugins.
If you have a picture, it would help understand.
Thanks
Fred

The issue of loosing some right-click context-menu items [i.e. they get "greyed-out"] is a known bug with more recent versions of SketchUp - Google are being pressed to fix it...
Its cause is not wholly established, although having lots of plugins that make context-menu items and repeated clicking on objects seem to both trigger it - separately or together !
All of a context-menu's items still appear correctly under the last item in the main Edit Menu - so you can access them this way if the worst happens...
The only 'fix' is to save and restart SUp - then you should get back the context-menu, albeit momentarily.
Don't load plugins you aren't ever going to use - they increase the load and might just be the 'last-straw...' - move them out of the Plugins folder or rename them from .rb to .txt - that way you can always load them during a session by typing in the Ruby Console load"the_script_name.txt" ...
:roll:
0
TIG
User avatar
TIG 
Global Moderator
 

Re: [Plugin Library] LibFredo6 - v3.4b - 11 Nov 09

Postby catjapan » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:49 am

thank
0

catjapan 
 

Re: [Plugin Library] LibFredo6 - v3.4b - 11 Nov 09

Postby SergioGeuna » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:12 am

Thank you! Looks so useful - I can't wait to play with it! :sketchstatic:
0

SergioGeuna 
 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago



Ad Machine 
Robot
 

PreviousNext


 

Return to Plugins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Visit our sponsors: