[Plugin Beta] Curviloft 1.8a - 31 Oct 18 (Loft & Skinning)

Re: [Plugin Beta] Curviloft 1.8a - 31 Oct 18 (Loft & Skinnin

Postby fredo6 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:57 pm

Einstein wrote:I made a loft and added a forced pair for each vertex of profile. Now there are some unnecessary pairs (yellow ones) between vertices and I was thinking if it's possible to remove them before applying the loft.
In this case both profiles - upper and lower - are hexagons. So intuitively, pairs should be created between vertices only. Instead, Curviloft connected each vertex of lower profile to edge midpoint of upper profile, which created a lot of unnecessary edges. So I'm thinking if I could force the tool to always match vertex-to-vertex when profiles have the same number of verts.

I think there is an option to match vertex to vertex.

Anyway, the best would be to post your model so that I have a look.

Keep in mind that for a human brain, you see indeed two similar hexagons, but for the script, these are two curves to match in different planes.

Fredo
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby Einstein » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:46 am

fredo6 wrote:
Einstein wrote:I made a loft and added a forced pair for each vertex of profile. Now there are some unnecessary pairs (yellow ones) between vertices and I was thinking if it's possible to remove them before applying the loft.
In this case both profiles - upper and lower - are hexagons. So intuitively, pairs should be created between vertices only. Instead, Curviloft connected each vertex of lower profile to edge midpoint of upper profile, which created a lot of unnecessary edges. So I'm thinking if I could force the tool to always match vertex-to-vertex when profiles have the same number of verts.

I think there is an option to match vertex to vertex.

Anyway, the best would be to post your model so that I have a look.

Keep in mind that for a human brain, you see indeed two similar hexagons, but for the script, these are two curves to match in different planes.

Fredo

I used default method "Match vertex to vertex (when possible)" but looks like the case was interpreted as "impossible" :P

Here's an example:

Einstein 

Postby fredo6 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:11 pm

I understand. There is something wrong in the vertex matching, also in the Loft by Spline tool. I'll need to have a closer look.
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Previous

Return to Plugins