Many materials management  Topic is solved

General discussion on V-Ray for SketchUp

Many materials management

Postby Andres2688 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:22 am

Hello guys
I would like to ask you: How do you manage your material list in the vray material asset editor?
My issue is that in one scene I might have tens of proxies that have from 5 to 20 materials each, plus the materials that are currently being used in the scene therefore that sums a large number of materials that slows down the work flow by having to scroll a lot or making a specific material hard to find.

Hopa you can help me.
Thanks in advance
Andres

Andres2688 

Re: Many materials management  Topic is solved

Postby GD3Design » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:06 pm

They recently added the search function to top of asset editor for this reason. You can search both the preset material library and materials in scene. I would like to see more organization for materials, such as grouping. But until then, the search function makes life a lot easier.
GD3Design 

Re: Many materials management

Postby Andres2688 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:54 pm

GD3Design wrote:They recently added the search function to top of asset editor for this reason. You can search both the preset material library and materials in scene. I would like to see more organization for materials, such as grouping. But until then, the search function makes life a lot easier.

Thank you GD3Design for your answer. Yes that group function would be a lot of help.

Cheers

Andres2688 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Return to V-Ray