Extension Store - latest version

کابر گرامی لطفا برای دستیابی به این انجمن، پس از ورود به سیستم، از طریق کنترل پانل خود
(User control panel),(usergroups)
برای ثبت نام در گروه فارسی زبانان اقدام فرمایید. سپسگذاریم

Moderator: majid

Re: Extension Store - latest version

Postby Edson » Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:03 pm

After you mentioned it I checked the firewall settings: it was off. So this is not the culprit.

I tried an earlier version of the Extension Store (v3) with no other extensions installed. Same outcome: as soon as I click on the install button Sketchup crashes. On this machine I am running Mac OS 10.13.6 (High Sierra) and Sketchup 2021.

In my main machine the Extension Store (latest version) runs smoothly. No problems. On this machine I am running Mac OS Catalina (10.15.7) and Sketchup 2022.
edson mahfuz, architect | porto alegre • brasil
http://www.mahfuz.arq.br
Edson 
Global Moderator

Postby TDahl » Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:10 pm

I am encountering error "UnZIP Error : could not unzip archive." when trying to install various Fredo6's extensions (LibFredo6, Animator) using ExtensionStore3 V4.2.3 with SketchUp Pro 2018, on a Mac running macOS 10.14.6. I uninstalled and re-installed ExtensionStore3 a few times as an experiment (quitting SketchUp in between uninstall and re-install). Any suggestions? The Ruby console does not display any messages during the attempt to install an extension via ExtensionStore3.

TDahl 

Postby TIG » Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:55 pm

If you download the relevant RBZ from the PluginStore, and manually install it using the Extension Manager's > Install Extension Button, does that work ?

We thought we'd sidestepped these UNzip errors... but perhaps not.

What happens is that the ExtensionStore³ downloads the RBZ from a passed URL into a Temp folder/file and then a special LoadHandler runs the API code on that RBZ to install its contents.

Sometimes the download doesn't work as expected, and the RBZ is made but it is 'empty'.
When SketchUp tries to install from that 'empty' file it fails - hence the UNzip error message...
It seems to be an error in the downloading from its URL into the temp file, rather than the unzipping itself...

This is most common among MAC users, but it is rare...

Please also check that your MAC/virus/firewall is not being overly aggressive towards our URL and blocking the download into the temp folder...

The PluginStore's URL is
https://plugin.sketchucation.com/pluginstore_4.php
which should start the longer download URL string given by the installer's code...

Can you also type these into the Ruby Console and report the results
RBZtool::GOT_OPEN_URI
true/false
and
RBZtool::GOT_RUBYZIP
true/false
and
SCF::TEMPDIR
path to a ../Temp/SCF subfolder

Also check the permissions for that temp subfolder to ensure it's writable...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby TDahl » Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:38 pm

Thanks for the quick response. I can (and did) manually download the two extension's RBZ files (which ExtensionStore3 was not able to do) and installed them using the SketchUp Extension Manager window. I'm not running any firewall or anti-virus software (gasp) beyond what happens natively in macOS.

For what it's worth, I copied and pasted this URL into my browser:
https://plugin.sketchucation.com/pluginstore_4.php
The browser reported a "failed to open page" error with the text:
Safari can't open "skp:getcookie@" because macOS doesn't recognize internet addresses starting with "skp:"

Here are the outputs from the Ruby console:
> RBZtool::GOT_OPEN_URI
true
> RBZtool::GOT_RUBYZIP
true
> SCF::TEMPDIR
/var/folders/z9/vkclhrl10d3fzryv6x8z74k00000gq/T/com.sketchup.SketchUp.2018.Tom/SCF

I was able to read and write files into that TEMPDIR location via a terminal app.
- Tom

TDahl 

Postby TIG » Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:15 pm

I'm about to send you a separate PM with a URL to try.
As it refers to me please don't share it...
Does that work in a web-browser [Safari]...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby nisasecil » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:59 pm

Since you made the payment system only working with paypal, we can't buy any plugins and update our system. It's like a freaking joke.. We have been working withsketchup for 9 years, we are 7 yeras old architecture office. But since you did not think about the clients living in Turkey, who cannot use Paypal, we are now cursed with always older versions of the programs. Very nice. Thank you!... :x :evil:

nisasecil 

Postby Rich O Brien » Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:02 pm

nisasecil wrote:But since you did not think about the clients living in Turkey, who cannot use Paypal, we are now cursed with always older versions of the programs. Very nice. Thank you!... :x :evil:

Turkey's stance on PayPal is out of our control. I understand your frustration but we have no influence over it.
Rich O Brien 
Administrator

Postby yanrothwell » Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:19 pm

Hiya,

I'm having a spot of trouble getting the Extension Store to load in my bundle. I recently swapped to a new PC and installed SU21 pro - all went well with that install. Just today I dived in and subscribed to SU22 pro. I now have that installed and went about installing all the plugins I use, jst as I did at the start of the week with SU21 on my new PC. Unfortunately the extension store from SketcUcation isn't installing the bundle I did without error at the start of the week. Any ideas?
yanrothwell 

Postby TIG » Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:00 am

The first error-message tells you that your SketchUp Preferences is set to invalid path[s]...
So first off you must fix that in Preferences, as the error-message tells you...

The other errors relate to folder permissions...

When you install any complex app in Windows you must do it this way...

Close the SketchUp app.
Find the downloaded installer's exe file - usually in Downloads.
Select its icon, right-click > context-menu > "Run as administrator"
When prompted choose 'Repair'.
[For a brand new installation the option is 'Install']

Installing in any other way can result in unpredictable problems, often involving folder permissions...

Try SketchUp again...
If it's still flaky try reinstalling the SketchUcation Toolset and see if that helps..
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby yanrothwell » Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:55 pm

TIG wrote:The first error-message tells you that your SketchUp Preferences is set to invalid path[s]...
So first off you must fix that in Preferences, as the error-message tells you...

The other errors relate to folder permissions...

Close the SketchUp app.

Installing in any other way can result in unpredictable problems, often involving folder permissions...

Try SketchUp again...
If it's still flaky try reinstalling the SketchUcation Toolset and see if that helps..

Hi TIG,

Thanks for the info. I'm aware of the run as administrator necessity and have done that but I am still getting the same errors regarding the local/roaming location. I'm not sure why now, since confirming I have Sketchup pro 2022 installed as administrator.

When you said SketchUcation Toolset, do you mean 'my bundle' via the SketchUcation Extension Store?
-If I am to operate a clean install of the Extension Store, how do I do this? (I'd like to see if that automatically addresses the path error)

EDIT: When I first installed SU 2022 pro and installed the SketchUcation Store I had the blue circle cursor 'waiting' type thing happening and none of the plugins appeared in the view port, as normal. This is the first time this has happened for me so it's a little confusing what to do.

Thanks again for you help
Ian
yanrothwell 

Postby TIG » Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:00 pm

Can you post a screenshot of your Preferences panels showing the file paths...
Something is wrong with some of them [in red?]

The SketchUcation Toolset is the name of the collection of things installed by the RBZ with a similar name - it includes the Extensiontore³ dialog which allows you to auto-install extensions from the PluginStore...

The newest version of that 'Toolset' [4.2.3 & then 4.2.4] includes updated licensing code and some miscellaneous fixes for odd URI errors etc...

Because you already have the ExtensionStore³ you could try using that to reinstall the full Toolset [search by author] - alternatively download the latest Toolset's RBZ from the PluginStore, and install it using SketchUp's Extension Manager dialog...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby yanrothwell » Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:04 pm

TIG wrote:Can you post a screenshot of your Preferences panels showing the file paths...
Something is wrong with some of them [in red?]

The SketchUcation Toolset is the name of the collection of things installed by the RBZ with a similar name - it includes the Extensiontore³ dialog which allows you to auto-install extensions from the PluginStore...

The newest version of that 'Toolset' [4.2.3 & then 4.2.4] includes updated licensing code and some miscellaneous fixes for odd URI errors etc...

Because you already have the ExtensionStore³ you could try using that to reinstall the full Toolset [search by author] - alternatively download the latest Toolset's RBZ from the PluginStore, and install it using SketchUp's Extension Manager dialog...

Thanks for your help TIG,

Here is the screenshot as requested.

I managed to eradicate all the path location issues - I believe(d) they were due to old ssd drives I migrated to the new PC I am using with old windows application folders I couldn't delete etc... so these are gone now (deleted after copying contents and formatting mentioned ssd drives). Sketchup loaded in the plugins from the Extension store and I spent last night arranging them all as you do just after they have installed. However I discovered when trying to use one, namely Fredo Joint Push/Pull and FredoScale plugins that the plugins do nothing - they do not react, no handles menus etc... so I deleted the Sketchucation extensionstore3 and the LibFredo library and reinstalled the extyension store and then the Fredo Library... Now I don't even see the plugins and the Extension Store doesn't load in the extensions! Ideas ouwl be good, before I do a repair/install of SU.

I do not understand why this time around the plugin locations are so messed up. (I see them all, including the Exdtension store and Fredo Library and plugins in #/Appdata/ ...roaming .../sketchup 2022 etc ...
Last edited by yanrothwell on Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yanrothwell 

Postby TIG » Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:40 pm

No screenshot - but you seem to have fixed that issue anyway.

I recommend the 'repair' asap...

Close the SketchUp app.
It won't break any customization you might have done so far...

The latest version of the SketchUcation Toolset contains tweaks to ensure some URI errors with older SketchUp versions are sidestepped, it also includes changes to the licensing code needed for some extensions - like many of Fredo's, which have needed a license for the last few weeks...
So ensure that v4.2.4 is installed.

Also get the latest versions of Fredo's extensions.
You do need to license them - they are not expensive - and there are several posts about this, including a big discount for doing a lot at once... with further discounts for Premium members...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby yanrothwell » Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:14 pm

TIG wrote:No screenshot - but you seem to have fixed that issue anyway.

I recommend the 'repair' asap...

Close the SketchUp app.
It won't break any customization you might have done so far...

The latest version of the SketchUcation Toolset contains tweaks to ensure some URI errors with older SketchUp versions are sidestepped, it also includes changes to the licensing code needed for some extensions - like many of Fredo's, which have needed a license for the last few weeks...
So ensure that v4.2.4 is installed.

Also get the latest versions of Fredo's extensions.
You do need to license them - they are not expensive - and there are several posts about this, including a big discount for doing a lot at once... with further discounts for Premium members...

Thank you TIG for all your help. After a repair via the Sketchup installer's exe there is no change Extension Store3 says all my extensions are up to date I do see the plugins that have been 'loaded' by the Extension Store3 but Fredo's plugins/extensions do not work as in there is no response when I right click context for a tool or clicking on a tool in the toolbar. All other extensions do work (including ones that require TTlib by thomthom, inacse that's useful info)
yanrothwell 

Postby yanrothwell » Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:47 pm

Here is what the Ruby console says when I click on Joint Push Pull:

c:/users/ianro/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2022/sketchup/plugins/fredo6_!libfredo6/lib6plugin.rbe:1459:in `command_invoke'
c:/users/ianro/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2022/sketchup/plugins/fredo6_!libfredo6/lib6plugin.rbe:1441:in `block (2 levels) in build_config_commands'
c:/users/ianro/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2022/sketchup/plugins/fredo6_!libfredo6/lib6traductor.rbe:1378:in `block in add_command'
yanrothwell 

Postby fredo6 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:06 pm

yanrothwell wrote:Here is what the Ruby console says when I click on Joint Push Pull:

c:/users/ianro/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2022/sketchup/plugins/fredo6_!libfredo6/lib6plugin.rbe:1459:in `command_invoke'
c:/users/ianro/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2022/sketchup/plugins/fredo6_!libfredo6/lib6plugin.rbe:1441:in `block (2 levels) in build_config_commands'
c:/users/ianro/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2022/sketchup/plugins/fredo6_!libfredo6/lib6traductor.rbe:1378:in `block in add_command'

Could you also give me the line before this trace, the line with ***error***, which says what the error is.
fredo6 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby yanrothwell » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:04 am

Could you also give me the line before this trace, the line with ***error***, which says what the error is.

Sorry here you are:

Error: #<Errno::EACCES: Permission denied @ rb_sysopen - C:/Users/ianro/AppData/Local/LIBFREDO6_DATA_Dir/LibFredo6_all_defaults.dat>
c:/users/ianro/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2022/sketchup/plugins/fredo6_!libfredo6/lib6registry.rbe:163:in `initialize'
c:/users/ianro/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2022/sketchup/plugins/fredo6_!libfredo6/lib6registry.rbe:163:in `open'
c:/users/ianro/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2022/sketchup/plugins/fredo6_!libfredo6/lib6registry.rbe:163:in `write_to_file'
c:/users/ianro/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2022/sketchup/plugins/fredo6_!libfredo6/lib6registry.rbe:146:in `store'
c:/users/ianro/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2022/sketchup/plugins/fredo6_!libfredo6/lib6plugin.rbe:1471:in `usage_use'
yanrothwell 

Postby yanrothwell » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:28 am

There are also some strange things happening with moving files not connected with Sketchup. I am wondering if it's connected. I am receiving an 'unspecified error 0x80004005' and it seems there's some corruption in Windows with moving and copying files. I think I might have to resolve this before the issue is resolved?
yanrothwell 

Postby TIG » Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:46 am

That is certainly a permissions issue - perhaps created when you ran things before you did a 'repair' to SketchUp ?

A simple fix for this is to scrap these inaccessible pref files...

Close SketchUp.
Delete the folder C:/Users/ianro/AppData/Local/LIBFREDO6_DATA_Dir
Restart SketchUp...

Any better ?

A new copy of the prefs etc should get made, if it's missing...
That should have the permissions reset properly ?
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby yanrothwell » Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:04 pm

Hi TIG,

Unfortunately no change when I deleted said directory folder from the local.

I will take a look at solutions for fixing the the error I mentioned and see if things get better after that.

Again thank you for your help and ideas.
yanrothwell 

Postby fredo6 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:01 pm

@yanrothwell

When your 'repaired' Sketchup, did you do it with 'Run As an Administrator'?
fredo6 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby mavie » Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:33 pm

Thank you Fredo for always fixing/updating/taking care of all your stuff so quickly. You are way cool. I have the older OS and couldn't submit the info needed for licensing your collection of beautiful tools because nothing happened when I clicked on 'License' in the context menu. You immediately responded to my dilemma asking for ruby console error info and just now I saw TIG's suggestion on another thread and followed his advice to update the Sketchuction Extension Store to version 4.2.5 which has been updated in the last couple of days. All is well now! Again, thank you, and congratulations on finally getting monetary recognition for your brilliant plugins that make SU truly useful for me and a vast number of others.

mavie 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby yanrothwell » Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:00 pm

fredo6 wrote:@yanrothwell

When your 'repaired' Sketchup, did you do it with 'Run As an Administrator'?

If you were asking me yes I did.

The issue has been resolved now. It was I think the remnants of windows files on some older drives I imported into my new PC. They weren't anything to do with SU or so I believed and not on the same drive... though they were corrupting file path locating for other software also.
yanrothwell 

Postby lord anubis » Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:53 pm

Hello, just Downloaded the Extension store extension for the Mac with SU 2021 latest version.

I notice a few things:
When I type the wrong password or there is a Network time out I get a error, like a HTTP error. Its fine, but how can I retry to log in?
Is it possible to have a button on that error page to go back to the inlog page? I know I should only log in once, but eh a better start experience is a half way win.

2. Is it possible to have a search button, in the Plugin and Extension dialog that finds the search text/phrase also from within the extension or plugin?
I did get a vage error inside my su/error log and it was a crime to find out where it came from.

And its a great app. Great Job done here. Why I didn't download it before...?? Oke I know, did use less than 12 Extensions, but now have some more and wanted to control sets.

Thank you

lord anubis 

Postby rugponohu » Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:03 am

Hello Fredo!
I have a question how to be Russian users. We cannot use PayPal. We want to buy your extensions, but we can't. I contacted the official distributor of SketchUp in Russia, they replied that they were ready to help if the author agreed to discuss it. They also said they couldn't find your email.

rugponohu 

Postby Rich O Brien » Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:43 pm

Sketchucation Tools v4.2.6 was released earlier today with some improvements to the licensing system and better error message descriptions.

https://sketchucation.com/pluginstore?p ... ationTools

Make sure you update to the latest version as soon as possible.
Rich O Brien 
Administrator

Postby RickMick » Fri May 20, 2022 4:32 pm

Hi, I don't speak English and I'm using Google Translator, I apologize for any spelling errors.
I have a doubt about the Bundles, I have downloaded some extensions recently and in the ExtensionStore, but the last Bundle that is listed does not undergo any updates, it still has the same relationship as the last 4 bundles with 33 extensions.
1: Shouldn't it update itself as new extensions are downloaded?
2: How do I create a new and updated bundle?
3: Will it be updated when creating a new one?

I appreciate any help, as I must buy another computer and I would like to have the same extensions and plugins on it as the one I currently use.
RickMick 

Postby RickMick » Fri May 20, 2022 4:33 pm

here the images!
RickMick 

Postby Rich O Brien » Sun May 22, 2022 1:54 pm

v4.2.8

Important

We published v4.2.8 yesterday with some changes we believe may address the occasional 'long freeze' experienced in networked environments.

There's also further improvements to the licensing system with online seat release now possible at My Licenses

Online seat release will only be possible if you validate with v4.2.8+
Rich O Brien 
Administrator

Postby Rich O Brien » Tue May 31, 2022 3:55 pm

v4.2.9 released which addresses some small usability items :oops:
Rich O Brien 
Administrator

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot