Speed Challenge #4 VOTING.

Vote for your choice of best model in regards to Speed modeling #4 'The future of flying cars'.

Poll ended at Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:05 pm

Boofredlay
10%
.BTM
21%
.BTM #2
No votes
Remus
No votes
Boofredlay #2
No votes
Solo
33%
Matt666
No votes
GUNAWAN W
8%
.BTM #3
No votes
GUNAWAN W #2
18%
.BTM #4
10%
SchreiberBike
No votes

Total votes : 39

Speed Challenge #4 VOTING.

Postby solo » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:51 pm

Time to vote for the winning entry to Speed challenge #4 - The future of flying cars.

One vote per person, feel free to comment.

Winner gets their name in lights (bright yellow/orange) and title for duration of reign, and gets to choose the theme of the next competition.

Thanks to all those that participated.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boofredlay

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.BTM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.BTM #2

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remus

Boofredlay #2

Solo

Matt666

GUNAWAN W

Last edited by remus on Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Set voting to 1 week form start
http://www.solos-art.com

I'm better with polys than words
solo 
Global Moderator

Re: Speed Challenge #4 VOTING.

Postby solo » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:58 pm

.BTM #3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GUNAWAN W #2

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.BTM #4

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SchreiberBike

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

solo 
Global Moderator

Postby Gaieus » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:13 pm

Definitely BTM #1 for me - the most original one (and while thinking of joining I also thought something similar but he shot it already).
:D
Gaieus 

Postby SchreiberBike » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:05 pm

GUNAWAN W #2 for me. It looks like something I'd love to drive. Or fly.

SchreiberBike 

Postby honoluludesktop » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:17 pm

Aren't you missing one? I recall seeing a post with a red vehicle with 4 fans, abd a folding wing.
honoluludesktop 
In Remembrance

Postby solo » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:21 pm

You mean this one?

That's a photo Remus posted for inspiration.

solo 
Global Moderator

Postby honoluludesktop » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:26 pm

Hmmm, Guess the jokes on me..........
honoluludesktop 
In Remembrance

Postby remus » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:39 pm

Wish i could model something like that in 30 mins, id never need to do any real work again!

remus 

Postby •BTM » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:53 am

If I could render as well as solo, mabey I'd have a chance :D
It's hard to decide...What time do the polls close?
Another thing, do you have to be a moderator to have big pictures?
Why do I ask so many questions?

•BTM 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby solo » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:20 am

.BTM

This is a modeling challenge not a rendering one, I am sure folks are judging the model not the render.
The voting goes on for a week.
As far as images go, I copied the exact images users posted in the competition thread, i have not resized any, you do not have to be a moderator to post large images, in fact I never post larger than 700 x xxx.
....and finally only you know the answer to the last one.

solo 
Global Moderator

Postby •BTM » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:40 am

O.k., 2 more questions (sorry)
1; how do you get the large images themselves to appear on the thread, instead of a scaled version you have to click on to see?

2; By showing the poll results the entire time, wouldn't it affect people's voting?
Ex: say I was going to vote on a model, but because I saw it had no other votes, I decided to vote on another one that had a chance, and the exact same thing happens to 10 people. At the end, the model could have done well, but didn't. (Although, chances of this happening are really small.)

•BTM 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby solo » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:59 am

I use Imageshack to host my images, I guess that's the answer hosting instead of uploading as an attachment.

I do not believe I can change the format of the voting by hiding results, secondly this is not my format, Remus implimented this challenge and I just gave it a permanent home, without changing a thing (no need to fix something that ain't broke)

solo 
Global Moderator

Postby honoluludesktop » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:20 am

When I first saw the photo, it seemed like a lot, but then I thought only three parts, the fan, the wing, and the fuselage. Build the fuselage, one fan (copy 3x's), one wing (copy to other side. Photo in the background and on the canopy.

Now I can not model like you guys, and had no idea what can be done (how long the above takes), but have seen some amazing stuff before that I could not tell was not a photo, so I thought maybe, especially if honor system.........

When we select a model is it the design, or the complexity of the model that is being judged. If rendering doesn't count (don't know if we can be unbiased). Everything here is pretty good, can I change my original vote?
honoluludesktop 
In Remembrance

Postby Gaieus » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:15 am

•BTM wrote:1; how do you get the large images themselves to appear on the thread, instead of a scaled version you have to click on to see?

So the method is to host the image elsewhere (like Pete says) then use the [img] tags to embed it into the post.
So this code (if I hadn't put it between the code tags)
Code: Select all
[img]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01119/skycar_1119673i.jpg[/img]

would look like this on screen:

2; By showing the poll results the entire time, wouldn't it affect people's voting?
Ex: say I was going to vote on a model, but because I saw it had no other votes, I decided to vote on another one that had a chance, and the exact same thing happens to 10 people. At the end, the model could have done well, but didn't. (Although, chances of this happening are really small.)

I think until you cast your vote, the results are hidden (unless you deliberately press the "View reults" button/link underneath).

Well, I was lucky enough to be the first to vote so I had no problems anyway ;)
Gaieus 

Postby tinanne » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:37 pm

I like Gunawan W #2, looks like an old muscle car
Executive Director : American Society of Architectural Illustrators
AIP 30 Competition opens soon. ASAI.org

Architectural Rendering
tinanne 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Daniel » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:50 pm

They are all good, but I picked BTM 1 for it's originality.

Question: if a car can fly, is it still a car?
My avatar is an anachronism.
Daniel 

Postby cheffey » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:51 pm

Models this good deserve more votes! Come on and vote people! :D

cheffey 

Postby pbacot » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:25 am

I am not sure it was a good idea to take the competition out of the main threads. I hope there are enough voters and viewers.

What about making all entries anonymous?

Main thing is all these are really great. Far above and beyond the norm...and under speed conditions! Inevitably some entries will not receive votes. Nevertheless I hope you all enjoy the competition and keep it up. You all deserve kudos. And next time it could be your entry that wins!
MacOSX Mojave ShetchUp Pro v19 Twilight Pro v2 M2 Kerkythea PowerCADD
pbacot 
Top SketchUcator

Postby plot-paris » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:19 pm

my vote goes for Solo's vehicle, because the detail is exactly on the right level throughout the whole model (wheels, front grill, frame of glass shield...). the design works really well as a whole. of course the renders are superb as well (although not taken into account) show how well the level of detail was chosen to produce a great result.

GUNAWAN W #2 would have been my second choice, because the detail was very high as well (it would be marvelous, if you could upload larger images next time (as discussed earlier) to make the detail more visible)
plot-paris 

Postby remus » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:58 am

And the competition goes to...solo! *cue cheering and celebration*

Well done, a worthy entry. Same goes for everyone else, even thoughs who didnt get votes :D

remus 

Postby Gaieus » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:58 am

So is the voting over? Can I ad Pete to the winners' list? (Pete, do you want a different colour - or any?)
Gaieus 

Postby boofredlay » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:07 pm

Congrats Pete :thumb:
boofredlay 
Global Moderator

Postby remus » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:14 pm

Yeah, votings over.

remus 

Postby Gaieus » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:14 pm

Okay, I got it; done...
Gaieus 

Postby plot-paris » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:49 pm

Congratulations, Solo. a deserved winner!
plot-paris 

Postby SchreiberBike » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:52 pm

Congratulations Solo.

What's next. This was fun.

SchreiberBike 

Postby solo » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:04 pm

Thanks guys.

I was thinking that 'Christmas' should be the next theme for obvious reasons, and if Remus would be kind enough to get it going soon we may be able to conclude it in time for the festive day.

what say y'all?

solo 
Global Moderator

Postby Gaieus » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:21 pm

Well, what is said is said - by the current winner (are you sure you like this yellow colour?)
Gaieus 

Postby solo » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:24 pm

LOl, it's fine, unless you have a better one that's not pink.

solo 
Global Moderator

Postby plot-paris » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:22 pm

Christmas sounds great.Christmas sounds great! lets hurry to get it done in time :)
plot-paris 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Return to Competitions