Building DC for Masterplan

Building DC for Masterplan

Postby collective » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:27 pm

I creating a DC for a typical building to use in master plan studies. It works, but I have a couple of questions.

1. How to make every new copy of floor that was created while scaling DC to be in the same layer as parent ? and not in Layer 0
2. I have added a Area attribute to check face are of a floor face. But if I copy DC with different sizes, it will show identical area for every floor and it doesn't count all floor plates.
3. Height after scaling DC is not correct.

Is there a way to fix it?

Cheers

collective 

Re: Building DC for Masterplan

Postby pcmoor » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:02 am

1. you can group the floors within another component or group with a particular layer
2. after an alteration of the first component in a series of copies, after exit you need to update with right click menu, DC,redraw.
3. you need to create formula to suit

generally better to use material names (with no space) to do areas, so reflects only the surface required however complicated (you can rename a material to exclude space)

suggest if you don't already, use outliner to amend the components rather than mult click

attached example

pcmoor 

Postby JQL » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:42 am

You could further nest your building with several groups with the nested components, for mixed use buildings.
JQL 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby collective » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:58 pm

Hi guys,

Thanks for help. To be honest I tried your suggestions, and I still have all the problems I described above.
In your (PCMOOR) DC area does not update even if I redraw component. Cant get it to work.
Also why did you put slabs in floors component ?

Thank you

collective 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Return to Dynamic Components