Extension Store v3.0

Re: Extension Store v3.0

Postby Gábor » Sat May 02, 2020 10:18 am

Hi Pipinek,

Cold you please post a screenshot of that error message you get?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Gábor 
SketchUcation IT

Postby TIG » Sat May 02, 2020 1:43 pm

This is odd that it relates differently to opening a new model and opening an existing one.
Are you using the same version of SketchUp each time ?
A screenshot of the messages will help us help you through this.
It might not be directly related to this extension.
For example - if the SketchUp error message's list of 'failed' extensions includes SketchUp's own shipped su_... rbe files [usually near the end of the list?], this is indicative of an incorrect installation of SketchUp itself...
[SketchUp copies over these shipped extensions into the user's Plugins folder as it starts up - if there are permission issues this can fail...

In this case do the following...

Whilst logged into Windows as your normal user-account [NOT the system administrator, but if your normal user has some admin-powers that is OK]
Ensure that SketchUp/Layout are closed.
Find the relevant SketchUp installer's exe file - usually in your Downloads folder ?
Select that installer's exe file and right-click > context-menu > "Run as administrator"
When prompted choose "Repair".
When it finishes restart SketchUp and see if that has changed anything... report back...
Installing any complex app in Windows must be done this way.
Doing the installation in any other way can lead to unexpected and unpredictable issues - often around file/folder permissions and saving settings.
So NEVER double-click on an installer's exe file to "Run" it - it is not the same thing as the method outlined above, even if your user-account has so admin-powers...

If this is not the case perhaps a screenshot of the Plugin-Manager's dialog and a screenshot of your Plugins folder would help...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby pipinek » Sat May 02, 2020 5:58 pm

Gábor wrote:Hi Pipinek,

Cold you please post a screenshot of that error message you get?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

GReetings,

I do thank you for taking your precious time to response to my issue.

I have tested it and I notice not all SU files opens in this way.

I precise - A given file opens directly by double click in Sketchup with e SU error message whilst open by starting a new SU file and then opening it gives no errors.

Attached-please-find the error message.

Sketchup has been installed as admin.

pipinek 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby TIG » Sat May 02, 2020 6:35 pm

In the error message the only failing extension is TT_materials_renamer[.rb]
So immediately I suspect that you do not have a suitable version of the TT_Lib installed.
TT = thomthom's extensions usually need his Lib installed to function correctly...
Get the Lib here.
https://sketchucation.com/pluginstore?pln=TT_Lib
Download the RBZ and install it, then restart SketchUp to ensure everything is synced properly...
[or if you have the SketchUcation ExtensionStore² installed then you can use its dialog to do this installation automatically, sidestepping the RBZ download...

Report back...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby pipinek » Sat May 02, 2020 9:46 pm

TIG wrote:In the error message the only failing extension is TT_materials_renamer[.rb]
So immediately I suspect that you do not have a suitable version of the TT_Lib installed.
TT = thomthom's extensions usually need his Lib installed to function correctly...
Get the Lib here.
https://sketchucation.com/pluginstore?pln=TT_Lib
Download the RBZ and install it, then restart SketchUp to ensure everything is synced properly...
[or if you have the SketchUcation ExtensionStore² installed then you can use its dialog to do this installation automatically, sidestepping the RBZ download...

Report back...

Thank you very much TIG.
DOne.

If any I will drop a line here.
See you on the screen.

pipinek 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby kiwi15 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:07 pm

Hi,

Just want to report back on a small issue that I have with my SketchUcation ExtensionStore 3.1:

I get a message that I should update a plugin* (s4u Connect) that I have bought and installed from the SketchUp Extension Warehouse when I run ExtensionStore. This must be an error, right?

My license info gets screwed up every time that I accidentally update this extension using ExtensionStore 3.1 instead of the place I bought it.

kiwi15 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby TIG » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:43 pm

The author of that Extension posted the update 6 days ago - v2.2.9

Its description does not mention it's 'paid', and his 'More Info' link goes off to Facebook - it should go to its SCF page with links off if needed...
First running it asks for a registration/payment - so it's no trial !

I suggest you get in touch with him directly, as adding a seemingly trial version which overwrites an already licensed version is daft !
I note that the PluginStore version does set up a WAREHOUSE=false constant, but how that interacts with the licensing is unclear as the other files are RBE encrypted...

I will also be having a word too...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Previous

Return to Google Earth