Hide a single building in GE

Hide a single building in GE

Postby boofredlay » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:59 pm

In the past (I have read) you could right click on a single building to hide it in GE. Thus being able to preview your model on a site that is currently occupied.
I tried this just now and I don't get an option to hide a single building. Right click only activates the dynamic zoom tool.

Any advice? I need to hide a single building and preview my project.

Or is this a GE Pro option only?

Thanks.
boofredlay 
Global Moderator

Re: Hide a single building in GE

Postby Aerilius » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:30 pm

You have to tell what technology the area in Google Earth is using. If the single building is == a single model, you should be able to hide it. If it's one giant model (mesh) you can not hide it.
If you are looking at a big city or metropolitain area the chance is high that Google already introduced the 3d mesh.

Aerilius 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby boofredlay » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:37 pm

Got it. Yes the city I am trying to hide a building in is a mesh. I can hide a single building in my home city which is sparsely mapped and has single buildings. I guess I am out of luck then. That puts a big hindrance on my proposed workflow.

Thanks Aerilius.
boofredlay 
Global Moderator

Postby Krisidious » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:08 pm

I thought you could turn off all the 3d Buildings, meaning all buildings turned off at once... even the crappy mesh.
By: Kristoff Rand
Home Designer
Unique House Plans
Krisidious 

Postby boofredlay » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:03 pm

You can Kris but I need to turn off a single building and have the rest showing. The client wants to see their tower with modifications in context.
boofredlay 
Global Moderator

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Return to Google Earth