Workshop in the Netherlands

Workshop in the Netherlands

Postby pyroluna » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:53 pm

Y'all know about Building Maker, right?
I think it's really difficult to work with, as opposed to SU. It has one major advantage though. Aerial imagery. Now Google has recently taken pictures of a place here in Holland, Den Haag. To promote this, Google's hosting a workshop, located at my school; The School of Architecture at Delft Technical University. Two people from Google are flying in for the occasion.



Anyone wanting to join the workshop can register here (English) or here (Dutch).

By the way, did you know that when you've made a building in Building maker, and uploaded it, you can then open the model in SU and the aerial images show up as photo-matched images? Awesome!!
0
User avatar
pyroluna 
 

Re: Workshop in the Netherlands

Postby Gaieus » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:48 pm

Pyroluna wrote:Two people from Google are flying in for the occasion.

Who are they?

Pyroluna wrote:By the way, did you know that when you've made a building in Building maker, and uploaded it, you can then open the model in SU and the aerial images show up as photo-matched images? Awesome!!

Oh yes. What's more, you can now work with building maker straight in SU (v.8) and then just simply press the button to go on editing using the SU tools.
0
User avatar
Gaieus 
 

Re: Workshop in the Netherlands

Postby pyroluna » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:39 pm

Gaieus wrote:Who are they?

That would be Bruce Polderman and Nicole Drobeck

Gaieus wrote:Oh yes. What's more, you can now work with building maker straight in SU (v.8) and then just simply press the button to go on editing using the SU tools.

Hm.. yes. Well that's basically doing the same thing. It opens a little browser window, and you need to save to warehouse. (And take care to uncheck the checkbox that says it's a ready model) Only thing is that there's a button for it.
0
User avatar
pyroluna 
 

Re: Workshop in the Netherlands

Postby Gaieus » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:56 pm

Ah, Nicole. This is her and me (the fat dude on the right)



Well, have fun and all!
;)
0
User avatar
Gaieus 
 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago



Ad Machine 
Robot
 



 

Return to Google Earth

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Visit our sponsors: