file in use message

file in use message

Postby modelhead » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:31 pm

When I update a google earth model from the 3d warehouse by clicking the "edit " button I get this warning and I am unable to save file changes...
message.JPG

@Gai...I know you helped someone with this before....can't find the post....cheers!

modelhead 

Re: file in use message

Postby Gaieus » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:54 pm

Hi Bruce,

This is weird. I don't presume you are using IE5 :shock:
BTW what happens when you answer yes, download the file and upload it again after the changes?
Gaieus 

Postby modelhead » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:54 am

Thanks Gai!

When I hit yes it opens but will not allow me to save it. I am using windows 7 although I remember it happening with XP as well. I've had the problem for some time..but instead of fighting with it I just delete the original. Of course that removes it from the earth layer. I had a pro licence once upon a time although it was such a pain to upgrade it I just deleted it and removed it's traces as well. (GE may be next..lol)

Is there a better method for updating...i.e. would it be better to just keep reloading the original from SU without going back to the warehouse. As I said it doesn't bother me but the google guys must get tired of promoting the same models over and over.

modelhead 

Postby Gaieus » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:45 pm

Use Jim's ModelID Plugin to set the model ID in any of your files (this is the number after the ?mid= sign in the URL of the model) and you can revise any existing model by updating the original file in the WH rather than uploading it as a new one (with obviously a new link).

Although normally the "download > edit > upload" method should work, there are often glitches so I still have this little gem at hand just in case.

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=94dd8c51d1053fcfe2d1c7fb74c7e53b
Gaieus 

Postby modelhead » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:43 pm

Thanks Gai!..I'll give it a try.

modelhead 

Postby modelhead » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:01 am

Thanks again Gai...that is a handy rb. I thought you might like to see it as it is a heritage building.
googleshot4.jpg

..and the link if you want to play.. http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/search?viewer=01688937678487232995&scoring=m
Last edited by modelhead on Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

modelhead 

Postby Gaieus » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:41 am

Nice one! Smart detailing with png's!

It is a little bit floating however

float.jpg

Also, sometimes GE goes nuts when you save the file (before export) at such a sharp angle close to the ground. Not in this case but it's just on the edge of it.
Gaieus 

Postby modelhead » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:37 pm

I corrected this one and it was added within a couple of days. The image is SU output only. Thanks again Gai.

modelhead 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Return to Google Earth