Extension Store v3.0

Re: Extension Store v3.0.0

Postby Box » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:40 pm

I only mention it in a beta tester sense.
Box 

Postby ArtPen » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:15 pm

Hey Guys,
Is there any way to remove all my install bundles ? I want a clean / fresh start.
Cheers

ArtPen 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Gábor » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:38 pm

ArtPen wrote:Hey Guys,
Is there any way to remove all my install bundles ? I want a clean / fresh start.
Cheers

Hi,

At the moment on request from the user we ( admins ) can delete all the bundles including your original configuration. We're planning to introduce a button for the user for this purpose.
Gábor 
SketchUcation IT

Postby DimaV83 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:51 pm

TIG wrote:So it seems that your proxy / and perhaps firewall settings need some work...
Ensure that they are set up as seeing friends with both sketchucation.com & plugin.sketchucation.com
And probably sketchucation.com/pluginstore_3.php for good measure...

Checked these addresses. All of them work in IE. No blocking by a proxy/firewall. So should be something else. (Any time-outs restrictions or non-standard ports?)
DimaV83 

Postby ArtPen » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:54 am

Gábor wrote:
ArtPen wrote:Hey Guys,
Cheers

Hi,

At the moment on request from the user we ( admins ) can delete all the bundles including your original configuration. We're planning to introduce a button for the user for this purpose.

Hi Gabor,
May I kindly ask you to remove all bundles please.
Thank you

ArtPen 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby valerostudio » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:45 pm

I kind of miss seeing the More Info and statistics in the Extension Store. In v3 all I see are the plugin names and who knows what the heck I might be installing. Am I missing something?

valerostudio 

Postby Rich O Brien » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:47 pm

Try clicking the little triangle next to an authors name.

Or resize the dialog for it to be wider.
There's a frontroom and a backroom....reverse faces
Rich O Brien 
Administrator

Postby valerostudio » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:02 pm

Ooooooohhhhhhhhhh. hehe. ;) :thumb:

valerostudio 

Postby Gd_Maitre » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:46 am

Hello!

Actually I'm not replying to this post but as a new comer into the forum, I just want to say hello to you old folks.

Gd_Maitre 

Postby john2 » Sun May 01, 2016 3:16 pm

shake1 wrote:Hi, I have the same problem

TIG wrote:So your buttons are there, but as plain colored rectangles, with no applied graphics.
If you hover over a button do you see a tool-tip ?

yes
TIG wrote:If you click a button does it do anything ?

All buttons work
TIG wrote:If you have the Ruby Console open as you do things are there any error messages?

console empty
------
win 10x64
SU 2016x64

I am facing the exact same problem. internet explorer 11 on windows 7 x64 machine and done everything you asked for. I have a simple high speed 1mbps internet connection. No proxies , nothing. Please help. I am using sketchup 2016 x64
Sketchup Make 2016 (64-bit), SketchUp Make 2015 (64-bit), Vray 2.0 , Windows 8.1 – 64 bit, ATI Radeon 8570 Graphics 2GB,
john2 

Postby guzz9000 » Tue May 03, 2016 6:11 pm

Hi everybody:

I have a problem, when click on INSTALL button appear a dialog box that indicates are two locations of plugins in the computer.
i cannot select one to install. How select the folder? enter button no function.

Thanks,

guzz9000 

Postby TIG » Wed May 04, 2016 1:04 pm

Resize the dialog which opens by pulling the bottom edge down.
You should then see a button.
Click that to confirm your chosen destination.
By default the first one [highlighted] is your user Plugins folder...

The updated dialog size should be remembered across sessions...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby Ekon » Thu May 05, 2016 9:21 pm

Hello. Same issue here.

The dialog opens, no error messages, buttons look ok.

But clicking the red Install button does nothing. I tried the php on both chrome and IE 11 and the red buttons still do nothing. This is a fresh SKP install, so no other version and no custom plugin folders are present.

Hope you can help.

Ekon 

Postby TIG » Thu May 05, 2016 9:45 pm

If you have the Ruby Console open, then are there any error messages displayed ?
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby Ekon » Sat May 07, 2016 7:03 pm

TIG wrote:If you have the Ruby Console open, then are there any error messages displayed ?

No. I'm attaching the resulting Ruby Console outcome.

Thanks for you quick reply.

Edit: Please copy/paste image link. It's not displaying on the thread.
Captura.PNG

Now it is displaying. Please don't use external links, but attach images directly in the post instead.

Ekon 

Postby TIG » Sat May 07, 2016 9:25 pm

Your Windows user-name is "diseño2"
It contains an accented character.
In earlier versions of SketchUp this was always an issue in file-paths.
Since v2014 it's been much better, but occasionally something goes wrong.
The SketchUcation toolset code [and that of many others] tries to make sure such file-paths are encoded in a suitable format.
Can you do the following tests...
Open the Ruby Console and copy+paste this text + <enter>
SCF::FOLDER
It should return something like:
C:/Users/diseño2/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/SketchUcation
Then use:
SCF::FOLDER.encoding
It should return:
UTF-8

Please let us know what your answer is...

Also please try this:
$LOAD_PATH.each{|e| puts "#{e} = #{e.encoding}" }
This should report several folder-paths and encoding types, like:
C:/Users/diseño2/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins = UTF-8
or
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/Tools/RubyStdLib = Windows-1252
Please post your results...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby derei » Tue May 24, 2016 4:40 pm

Any news about option to delete bundles? I believe this should be a feature added as soon as possible.

Cheers!
DESIGNER AND ARTIST DEREI.UK
derei 

Postby Ekon » Tue May 24, 2016 4:55 pm

TIG wrote:Your Windows user-name is "diseño2"
It contains an accented character.
In earlier versions of SketchUp this was always an issue in file-paths.
Since v2014 it's been much better, but occasionally something goes wrong.
The SketchUcation toolset code [and that of many others] tries to make sure such file-paths are encoded in a suitable format.
Can you do the following tests...
Open the Ruby Console and copy+paste this text + <enter>
SCF::FOLDER
It should return something like:
C:/Users/diseño2/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/SketchUcation
Then use:
SCF::FOLDER.encoding
It should return:
UTF-8

Please let us know what your answer is...

Also please try this:
$LOAD_PATH.each{|e| puts "#{e} = #{e.encoding}" }
This should report several folder-paths and encoding types, like:
C:/Users/diseño2/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins = UTF-8
or
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/Tools/RubyStdLib = Windows-1252
Please post your results...

Indeed. After struggling with Win 10 and finally re-formatting the PC, a different user name did the trick. Everything is shiny now. Thanks a lot TIG

Ekon 

Postby TIG » Tue May 24, 2016 6:58 pm

derei wrote:Any news about option to delete bundles? I believe this should be a feature added as soon as possible.

Cheers!
PM Gábor - he'll be adding it - if it ever appears...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby Rich O Brien » Sat May 28, 2016 10:27 pm

Pushed out 3.0.1 to address an issue experienced by rare users where installing failed.
Rich O Brien 
Administrator

Postby DrieDeeDesign » Sun May 29, 2016 9:11 pm

Hi there,

I am using SU2015 on MAC OSX El capitan version 10.11.4 (15E65) on a MacBookpro 2011.
I have just done a clean SU reinstall because of some issues with export CAD files. To see if it would resolve the problems. After reinstalling SU I also had to import my bundles again. So I downloaded the newest : SketchUcationTools_v3.0.1.rbz. But when I started SU it gave the following errors:

Load errors

Error: #<LoadError: cannot load such file -- zip>
/Applications/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp.app/Contents/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/lib/ruby/2.0.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:45:in `require'
/Applications/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp.app/Contents/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/lib/ruby/2.0.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:45:in `require'
/users/frank/library/application support/sketchup 2015/sketchup/plugins/sketchucation/scf-rbztools.rbs:186:in `<module:RBZtool>'
/users/frank/library/application support/sketchup 2015/sketchup/plugins/sketchucation/scf-rbztools.rbs:157:in `<main>'
/users/frank/library/application support/sketchup 2015/sketchup/plugins/sketchucation/scf_loader.rbs:33:in `eval'
/users/frank/library/application support/sketchup 2015/sketchup/plugins/sketchucation/scf_loader.rbs:33:in `require'
/users/frank/library/application support/sketchup 2015/sketchup/plugins/sketchucation/scf_loader.rbs:33:in `loadRBS'
/users/frank/library/application support/sketchup 2015/sketchup/plugins/sketchucation/scf_loader.rbs:60:in `block in <main>'
/users/frank/library/application support/sketchup 2015/sketchup/plugins/sketchucation/scf_loader.rbs:49:in `each'
/users/frank/library/application support/sketchup 2015/sketchup/plugins/sketchucation/scf_loader.rbs:49:in `<main>'
/Applications/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp.app/Contents/Resources/Content/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in `eval'
/Applications/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp.app/Contents/Resources/Content/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in `require'
/Applications/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp.app/Contents/Resources/Content/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in `load'
/Users/Frank/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/SketchUcation.rb:207:in `register_extension'
/Users/Frank/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/SketchUcation.rb:207:in `<module:SCF>'
/Users/Frank/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/SketchUcation.rb:16:in `<top (required)>'

I retrieved the earlier version from my other computer an iMac, en replaced the just installed v3.0.1. by the older rb-files, in the plugin folder. And now no errors. Am I the only one having this issue? Cause I don't see any more people with problems here.

gr. Frank
DrieDeeDesign 

Postby Rich O Brien » Mon May 30, 2016 11:40 am

Pushed another update to the ExtensionStore.

People with failing installs need to update ASAP.
Rich O Brien 
Administrator

Postby TIG » Mon May 30, 2016 11:42 am

This issue is caused by the new signing process for v2016 full compatibility.
If you have an older version installed all is well as it has RB and RBS versions of some files needed for the ZIP processing... Installing the new version uses the legacy RB files anyway.
BUT a brand new clean installation fails as it only has RBS ones.

I have prepared an updated RBZ that includes both file-types and retains the signing compatibility.

I have sent it to Rich/Gábor... and Rich has just republished it.

Anyone experiencing loading issues should [re]install this latest RBZ.
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby DrieDeeDesign » Mon May 30, 2016 12:24 pm

Rich O Brien wrote:Pushed another update to the ExtensionStore.

People with failing installs need to update ASAP.

It works Rich ...thx for the fast action.
DrieDeeDesign 

Re: Extension Store v3.0.1 [Updated 30/5/15]

Postby john2 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:14 pm

My extension store is showing up as a white box. I downloaded and installed the rbz file from the official link just now. My graphics drivers and windows are up to date. I tried opening sketchup with my antivirus disabled (Avira), but it did not help.
Sketchup Make 2016 (64-bit), SketchUp Make 2015 (64-bit), Vray 2.0 , Windows 8.1 – 64 bit, ATI Radeon 8570 Graphics 2GB,
john2 

Postby mariocha » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:11 pm

I am thinking of doing the french translation of it. I see SCF-EN-US.strings with instructions; fine. Studying it I came to realize that I do not fully understand the difference between Sketchucation Plugins and Sketchucation Extensions.
Also I notice that some strings are not in there, the ones found on the very first pane for instance, like 'Recent', 'Authors', 'Categories'.
Mario C.
Certified SketchUp Trainer, QC CA.
Every rule has exceptions, but some.
mariocha 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby TIG » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:44 pm

You can't translate the main ExtensionStore³ dialog - it's a web page, and it's made entirely server-side, nothing to edit ruby-side...
Perhaps PM Gábor to ask if something is possible.

The .strings file that comes with the RBZ in the SketchUcation subfolder has the text for all other menus, prompts, message-boxes, status-bar messages, other dialogs and the text within the three 'Manager' dialogs etc... as these are all set up ruby-side [although the Plugin's desc pane is as the SCF web-page [in English] and the Extension's desc is as each author decides - probably without translations in many cases]
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby mariocha » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:35 pm

Oh I see. That is why I now have a partially localized SCF Store.
Mario C.
Certified SketchUp Trainer, QC CA.
Every rule has exceptions, but some.
mariocha 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby vtol » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:46 am

Hi,

got the same issue with the UI - missing elemeents. Latest WIN7 x64 (incl. IE updates), latest SU 2016 x64, latest ES, installations working fine with no errors in the RB console.

None of the suggestions from this thread is poriving relief to the grievance. Is this being worked on, considering the number of users facing the bug?

vtol 

Postby TIG » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:35 pm

vtol wrote:Hi,

got the same issue with the UI - missing elements. Latest WIN7 x64 (incl. IE updates), latest SU 2016 x64, latest ES, installations working fine with no errors in the RB console.

None of the suggestions from this thread is porviding relief to the grievance. Is this being worked on, considering the number of users facing the bug?
The issue is almost certainly related to your IE version [is it >=v11 ?], and/or your Internet Options settings - which might be blocking some vital js operations etc, make sure they are not too onerous...
There are literally many thousands of users with similar configurations to what you have described.
But they do not have such issues...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

PreviousNext

Return to Developers' Forum