Extension Store v3.0

Re: Extension Store v3.0

Postby facer » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:57 am

REQUEST:
It would be helpful to SEE the LOADED sets assigned.

Sets often reflect a set workflow for stages as Sketch Design, Design Development etc.
During the use of SketchUp, extensions/plugins are often added or removed to assist
specific current activities or issues.

When returning to the project it would be helpful to RESET the
WORKING SET - assigned to a given workflow. This would help others using
the same SketchUp file.

Thank you again for all the Teams work on the Extension Store.
facer 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby filibis » Thu May 04, 2017 9:41 am

I mostly downloaded my plugins & extensions manually and realized benefits of Extension Store lately. So is there any way to make it 'recognize' my plugins or should i download them all one by one via Extension Store :ecstatic: ?
Also can Extension Store detect plugins in my path (plugin folder) whether they're available in Sketchucation or not? (Thus, i can distinguish -that i gathered from other sources- easily and zip them)

This question is also asked at the end of this Bundles tutorial and didn't receive any reply.

Besides i have no idea how Plugin-sets work. I created a set but don't know how to add/remove plugins to that set (and i don't know which plugins are applied to my set). Is there any info on that?
filibis 

Postby Rich O Brien » Thu May 04, 2017 9:47 am

We can't detect anything outside so you need to use it to create a history.

There's a new version of the store coming where we want to offer more in terms of allowing users to add external extensions links into the store. So if there's a scenario where someone finds something they think the community would like to know about you could submit a listing.

You will also be able to create Collections that you could share with others that allows them to install a set of tools you curate as needed for a certain task.

We also want some type of 'Ask' scenario. If you wanted to know how to do A+B then members can reply with their solution.
There's a frontroom and a backroom....reverse faces
Rich O Brien 
Administrator

Postby powermta » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:47 pm

Seems great, i hope it still works

powermta 

Postby Bob James » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:43 am

May 04, 2017
"There's a new version of the store coming "

August 26, 2017
:?: :!: :fro:
i7-4930K 3.4Ghz, 2x GTX780 6GB, 32GB DDR3-1600 ECC, OCZ Vertex 4 500GB, WD Black 3TB, 32TB NAS, 4x 27" Monitors, SpaceMouse Pro, X-keys XK-60
Bob James 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby gudio83 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:46 pm

Hello, I have a problem with the sketchucation plugin store.
I've installed the plugin on my new PC (Windows 10 x64, SU2017 - fresh install of both)
but when I click on "autoinstall", I choose the default plugin folder, after that it show me:
UNZIP ERROR: COULD NOT UNZIP ARCHIVE.
How can I resolve this?
gudio83 

Postby Rich O Brien » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:47 pm

gudio83 wrote:Hello, I have a problem with the sketchucation plugin store.
I've installed the plugin on my new PC (Windows 10 x64, SU2017 - fresh install of both)
but when I click on "autoinstall", I choose the default plugin folder, after that it show me:
How can I resolve this?

Are you using the latest version? v3.1.3
Rich O Brien 
Administrator

Postby gudio83 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:14 pm

Rich O Brien wrote:
gudio83 wrote:Hello, I have a problem with the sketchucation plugin store.
How can I resolve this?

Are you using the latest version? v3.1.3

Absolutely. I''ve tried with 3.1.3 and 3.1.2
I've removed it by extension manager, the other time manually from plug-in folder.
I've installed latest JAVA (JRE) and now sketchucation plugin saved my login and I don't have to write my account information every time when I start Sketchup.
Maybe I have no any .Net or Microsoft Visual package to run plugin working correctly ?
gudio83 

Postby TIG » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:51 pm

Can you try repairing your SketchUp installation...

Close SketchUp.
Find the SketchUp installer exe file - probably in your Downloads folder - if not download a new copy.
Select the installer exe file's icon.
Right-click > Context-menu
"Run as administrator"
When prompted choose to "Repair"

When you restart SketchUp is it any better ?

Having SketchUp installed in anything but the exact and proper way can cause all sorts of flakiness.

Also try checking your Control-Panel > Internet Options are not set to be too strict and that javascript is set to run [Java is not the same thing].
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby gudio83 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:00 pm

Additional info: Trying to install plugins:
- 3D Text Editor by thomthom (I click install on sketchucation extension store): installed successful.
- TT Library by thomthom (I click install on sketchucation extension store): unzip error.
2 rbz plugins from the same author.
Maybe there is a little bug?
gudio83 

Postby gudio83 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:25 pm

TIG wrote:Can you try repairing your SketchUp installation...

Close SketchUp.
Find the SketchUp installer exe file - probably in your Downloads folder - if not download a new copy.
Select the installer exe file's icon.
Right-click > Context-menu
"Run as administrator"
When prompted choose to "Repair"

When you restart SketchUp is it any better ?

Having SketchUp installed in anything but the exact and proper way can cause all sorts of flakiness.

Also try checking your Control-Panel > Internet Options are not set to be too strict and that javascript is set to run [Java is not the same thing].

Thanks for support, the results are:
1. I've repaired SU as administrator (I've removed sketchucation plugin manually before) and installed the plugin after repair process. Same result
- 3D Text Editor by thomthom (I click install on sketchucation extension store): installed successful.
- TT Library by thomthom (I click install on sketchucation extension store): unzip error.
2. I've uninstalled SU, removed sketchucation plugin manually from plugin folder. Reinstalled SU as administrator. Same result
3. I've updated Windows and I've repeated the steps from above. Same result.
gudio83 

Postby Ruuds » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:44 am

Hi guys, my Extension Store window is goes of screen and behind the taskbar... how do i fix that? I cant use the search funktion because its at the bottom of the window :(

Ruuds 

Postby TIG » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:20 pm

Try to resize from maximum ?
Or grab a corner and when the cursor shows it drag to resize, the move onto the window so you can see it all ??
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby Ruuds » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:38 pm

TIG wrote:Try to resize from maximum ?
Or grab a corner and when the cursor shows it drag to resize, the move onto the window so you can see it all ??

I cant grab a corner because its off screen under my taskbar,
Maximizing the window doesnt work either. it still causes the window to be behinde the taskbar.

Ruuds 

Postby mariocha » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:07 pm

As you probably know, I, more often than not, lead my students to Sketchucation and the plugin store.
Out of the many, bad surprise, one of them has a dialog pane with no icons at all at the bottom. The pane is well fitted in the screen, not over sized in height.
Anyone had that ?
Can this be caused by the company (big) protection filters ?
Win 10.
Mario C.
Certified SketchUp Trainer, QC CA.
Every rule has exceptions, but some.
mariocha 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Rich O Brien » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:10 pm

mariocha wrote:As you probably know, I, more often than not, lead my students to Sketchucation and the plugin store.
Out of the many, bad surprise, one of them has a dialog pane with no icons at all at the bottom. The pane is well fitted in the screen, not over sized in height.
Anyone had that ?
Can this be caused by the company (big) protection filters ?
Win 10.

It could be because we serve the icons over CDN from FontAwesome. It is a font stack and Untrusted Font Stacks can be blocked in networked environments.
Rich O Brien 
Administrator

Postby CalypsoArt » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:22 pm

I usually install my plugins through bundles in Extension Store. I did this for 2018 on my work machine and had no warnings or errors. (Except for Scalp 2 which the company says will never be compatible with 2018.)

On my home machine I used the Trimble Extension warehouse to install plugins. This listed several as "Not compatible" with 2018. FredoScale and several others I use a lot were listed as such.

First, is Extension Store 3 compatible with SU 2018? Second, is the Trimble Extension warehouse accurate in saying extensions are not compatible?

CalypsoArt 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby TIG » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:42 pm

The ExtensionStore³ is compatible with v2018.
However, each of the installed Extensions themselves need to be compatible !

All of Fredo's RBZs have been updated for v2018 compatibility.
But you need to install the latest versions [including his Lib] from the ExtensionStore³.

If, in the SketchUp native Extension-Manager, an Extension is listed as 'unsigned' or having an 'out of date signature', then this does not necessarily mean that it is incompatible with v2018.
It may well work anyway - provided that the 'Extension Loading Policy' is set to be Unrestricted, so that it can load.
So why not try and see ?
Some Extensions have never been signed, and some were signed for v2016 use and not updated- the signing process changed with v2017 so the 'out of date' can appear...
It is a disproportionate onus on many authors of free extensions - who might have to get them [re]signed and republished, when they'll probably work anyway - provided SketchUp's 'Extension Loading Policy' is set up sensibly...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Previous

Return to Developers' Forum