Best practices for creating an rbe  Topic is solved

Best practices for creating an rbe

Postby Frankn » Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:25 pm

I've been trying to get a plugin signed and running into some issues which seem to be related with require... I get these errors...
Error: #<LoadError: cannot load such file

I found this post https://forums.sketchup.com/t/cant-load-required-rb/42755/3 where Dan uploaded some templates but I'm not sure how the
MultiClass_MultiFile.zip
works. Does anyone have a sample code that I can look at or can someone please explain how those files should be structured and how they work together?

Frank

Frankn 

Re: Best practices for creating an rbe  Topic is solved

Postby Dan Rathbun » Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:13 pm

If you are having issues with Trimble's signing portal, then the best place to ask is:
.. or the main developers forum:

ThomThom And Julia monitor those forum categories and should be quick to answer (if the question and answer has not already been posted previously, which might often be the case.)

Also see newer help pages:

That said, the Ruby core Kernel#require method cannot load scrambled (rbs) or encrypted (rbe) files.

You must use the API's Sketchup::require module method and you need to omit the file extension (.rb, .rbs or .rbe) when you call the SketchupExtension::new class constructor in your extension registrar script.
    I'm not here much anymore. But a PM will fire email notifications.
    Dan Rathbun 
    PluginStore Author
    PluginStore Author

Re: Best practices for creating an rbe

Postby Frankn » Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:45 pm

Thanks for the info Dan... I'll check out those forums. I wasn't even aware that the Sketchup API had it's own require method and it explains why I'm having problems. I guess I have some more learning and reading to do! :)

Frankn 

Re: Best practices for creating an rbe

Postby Frankn » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:56 am

Where can I find info and/or examples on how to set this part of the loader file? I'm searching but not finding anything...

Code: Select all
    require "Author_MultiClassPlugin/MultiClassPlugin_SharedConstants.rb"

include SharedConstants # mixin the constant module

And this from the SharedConstants file?
    SOME_SEARCH_PATTERN ||= /^Author/

Thanks

Frankn 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine