MAJ Stair Plugin

MAJ Stair Plugin

Postby majid866 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:45 am

Dear Friends,
My new plugin ("MAJ Stair") is published in "Sketchup Extension Warehouse" for free now. I think you can make stairs in any shape by using this plugin. Please let me know your idea about it.
Majid Mahmoudi Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU_nJDRwEJc

The new version "MAJ Stair V0.0.2" is published. I used HTMLDialog on it. Please let me know your idea about it.
7
Last edited by majid866 on Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

majid866 
 

Re: MAJ Stair Plugin

Postby juju » Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:33 pm

Do you perhaps have video tutorial? The EW page mentions 4 different kinds of stairs but 2 of those look very much the same (apart from structure thickness).
0
Save the Earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.
User avatar
juju 
Premium Member
Premium Member
 

Re: MAJ Stair Plugin

Postby majid866 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:35 pm

juju wrote:Do you perhaps have video tutorial? The EW page mantions 4 different kinds of stairs but 2 of those look very much the same (apart from structure thickness).

For thickness you have 4 types but shape you can make any kind of stair. I will send you video soon.
1

majid866 
 

Re: MAJ Stair Plugin

Postby majid866 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:30 pm

juju wrote:Do you perhaps have video tutorial? The EW page mentions 4 different kinds of stairs but 2 of those look very much the same (apart from structure thickness).

https://youtu.be/MhSFryAkUOo
Please watch video..
1

majid866 
 

Re: MAJ Stair Plugin

Postby juju » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:59 pm

Interesting methodology. Depending on time I might give it a try. Any chance you could get it to work that you select the line drawing and have it extrude the stairs from that? Obviously there will be another click or two involved to indicate start and end.
0
Save the Earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.
User avatar
juju 
Premium Member
Premium Member
 

Re: MAJ Stair Plugin

Postby majid866 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:33 am

juju wrote:Interesting methodology. Depending on time I might give it a try. Any chance you could get it to work that you select the line drawing and have it extrude the stairs from that? Obviously there will be another click or two involved to indicate start and end.
Please check video again. Any kind of stair by using this method will be possible.
0

majid866 
 

Re: MAJ Stair Plugin

Postby pbacot » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:31 am

Looks like very good and straightforward plugin.
1
MacOSX Mojave High Sierra SketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v2 PowerCADD
User avatar
pbacot 
Top SketchUcator
 

Re: MAJ Stair Plugin

Postby rv1974 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:10 am

Majid, thank you for creating and sharing this nice tool, it has a great potential!
A couple of ideas:
*) Most important: please give an option to set the general stairs height with 2 mouse clicks;
*) Could it build some primitive railings (as lines, posts (simple vertical line) could be the instances of a single component)?
*) non-modal window?
*) Could you add previews of different stair styles in plugin window? Now you have lots of empty space in the left area for no reason
*) Those fillets on upper tiles are not too successful.. could there be simple 90 degr. cut?
0

rv1974 
 

Re: MAJ Stair Plugin

Postby majid866 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:29 am

rv1974 wrote:Majid, thank you for creating and sharing this nice tool, it has a great potential!
A couple of ideas:
*) Most important: please give an option to set the general stairs height with 2 mouse clicks;
*) Could it build some primitive railings (as lines, posts (simple vertical line) could be the instances of a single component)?
*) non-modal window?
*) Could you add previews of different stair styles in plugin window? Now you have lots of empty space in the left area for no reason
*) Those fillets on upper tiles are not too successful.. could there be simple 90 degr. cut?

Dear rv1974,
Thank you for your nice ideas. Window of this plugin come from Sketchup User Interface (UI) and it limit us so much. Empty space come from UI and we cannot have any graphic there just can have some letters. I will be happy if you have some suggestion for it.
about "General Stair Height" if you mean stair total height you have it in window just select it. Please see attached photo.
Railing will be more difficult than stair and need another version.
Can you send me photo sample for "non-modal window" and "fillet on upper tiles"? Do you mean stair nosing?
0

majid866 
 

Re: MAJ Stair Plugin

Postby rv1974 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:18 am

Majid thanks for reply,
Regarding empty space\explaining pictures.. I can hardly believe the empty space and absence of explaining pictures are inevitable. Maybe other scriptwriters on dev forums could help you on the subject? For example please take a look here:
http://sketchucation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=323&t=71459
Taking general floor measurements is much more user friendly, plus adds certain flexibility
especially in conjunction with non-modal window (See 'Take measurements' in attached plugin)
By non-modal I mean constantly floating window that does not block using SU. Again try the link I attached. Yes, I meant fillets on nosing. They are not suitable in majority of cases.
Still hoping eventually edge railings will be added. What about save\load preset?
Thank you for attention
1

rv1974 
 

Re: MAJ Stair Plugin

Postby joshbrown » Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:53 pm

pbacot wrote:Looks like very good and straightforward plugin.


That's right! This plugin is decent. I am using it myself.
0
qq

joshbrown 
 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago



Ad Machine 
Robot
 



 

Return to Developers' Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Visit our sponsors: