Extension Store v3.0

Share or learn with the Pros

Re: Extension Store v3.0

Postby eseb63 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:23 pm

don't forget i have exactly the same problem when running Sketchup as administrator (adminRF, but logged into Windows with my rené account) : the rbz file is also created but empty and all entries have also full permissions on the temp SCF folder ;

rené account (C:\Users\rené\AppData\Local\SCF)
cookie.dat
eseb63&8IbseM7LRbSHRiC1F2rIcYjMkBJ0oKYyf0sJZ2h3dCJ7zY7Eb2YDaIdLXzXLJ7L2FGLnH5qtHC4FkATMB5clNE0tCh

device.dat
WfPO8P2tHBrYd4FYg2ll

adminRF account (C:\Users\AdminRF\AppData\Local\SCF)
cookie.dat
eseb63&84LtPbEFaDimTQYYtAtbQSmKX5NBBNyJRKFszTBYjxLFNxo99Yib5ZxbdLlnkl0E9OA8xMghJ5yj3nsANelRCj6o8r

device.dat
WCbNKHXSxc5Gpu1sbvva

is the hwid the computer name? (my computer name is rené-PC)
Last edited by eseb63 on Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eseb63 

Postby TIG » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:33 pm

The device.dat name is an ID that SCF creates for your SCF-username and that computer - it is not an encoded version of your actual computer's 'name' - which proved difficult to get in some OSs etc...
It's somewhat unusual to have 'two' ?

Thanks for your two UID codes.

They both seem to be prefixed with your SCF-username
It's somewhat unusual to have 'two' ?

Perhaps Gábor has some more ideas...
This 'permission' issue is weird.

We have many EU users with 'accented windows usernames' and they are doing OK !!!

:?
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby eseb63 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:26 pm

did the dat files give you additional information about my issue?

eseb63 

Postby TIG » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:42 pm

Gábor needs to comment...
:?
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby Gábor » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:54 pm

Yes, I'm following the thread and the reason for not commenting is that I don't have a clue what could cause this problem. The cookie.dat and device.dat data seems to be correct and they are in the database as well. (Without it being correct the user even couldn't stay logged in to pluginstore). In the logs I see that with these cookie data there were no downloads from the pluginstore plugin. So obviously the request for the plugin's .rbz file fails somehow. I'll do some tests later today with the cookie.dat data to see if I can find out where does it fail. I'll get back to you with the result.

Gábor 
SketchUcation IT

Postby mariocha » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:44 pm

Glad to see it was not health issue.
Mario C.
Certified SketchUp Trainer, QC CA.
Every rule has exceptions, but some.
mariocha 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby eseb63 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:25 pm

so Gábor, did you have some time to make the tests? what is the result?

eseb63 

Postby eseb63 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:24 pm

Gábor, do you have some news?

eseb63 

Postby eseb63 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:17 pm

Gábor, could you give me some news, please ?

eseb63 

Postby Gábor » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:45 am

@eseb63: Sorry for not coming back immediately. I've made the tests even with your credentials and the downloading of the file was successful for me. So to be honest I've no clue why it fails for you. Now I'll change the code of the pluginstore in a way what will switch off permission checking for the download for your users to see if that will allow the downloading. Will be back when ready.

Gábor 
SketchUcation IT

Postby Gábor » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:44 pm

@eseb63: I've made a test version of the extension store for you what logs every step of the file download at server side and displays every parameter on client side as well.
So if you are logged in with your eseb63 user to the Extension store plugin and you Ctrl + F5 reload the page you should see the test version.

To be sure you have the test version, hover over the "Install" icon in the plugin row. The tooltip should display "Install test".

When you click on the install icon the first alert you get should say "In test install version". This shows that you have the test Javascript loaded. When you click OK on this alert the next alert should show a line beginning with "v:....". Please make a copy of this. When you click ok, the next alert shows the Unique ID. Also make a copy of this. After it you'll get an alert with the URL. Also save this. After it you should get an alert about installing the plugin. After clicking "Yes" the plugin should be installed.

Please let me know at which step the installation fails and also send me the data displayed by the alerts so I can look up at server side what is happening there.

Gábor 
SketchUcation IT

Postby Pixero » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:06 pm

@Gábor.
I sent you a PM some time ago about a way of downloading Wrapr for SU 2019 if you are a registered user. It seems to only work if you are a new user.

Sorry for hijacking the thread.
Pixero 

Postby Gábor » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:27 am

@Pixero,
PM answered. Sorry for the delay. The download link to the latest version is: https://s3.amazonaws.com/wrapr-download/WrapR-installer_2018_4.exe

Gábor 
SketchUcation IT

Postby eseb63 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:24 pm

hello Gábor, thanks for your help
i apologize for the delay to reply : i saw your first message when i was in holiday but not the second and didn't receive a notification for it, so i was waiting during these last weeks...
i tried to install a plugin with the test extension store : the process fails just before install : i don't see the installing alert but in place the error message.
the alerts copy :

eseb63 

Postby Gábor » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:00 am

Hi Eseb63,

Thank you for your test. The debug output gave us a clue. TIG suggests that the accented character at the UniqueID might cause the problem. Now I've made a change in the test code to handle this. May I ask you for an other test? Please try to install a plugin again when you're logged in with your eseb63 user. I made the changes only for this user. If it will work I'll apply the changes to all users. It might be useful to erase the IE cache before the test.

Gábor 
SketchUcation IT

Postby eseb63 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:34 pm

after deleting internet temporary files and trying again to install a plugin, the process still fails at same step.

may i suggest you to add a suffix to the first alert "in test install version" and change it each time you change the code, so i will be sure to run the last version?

where do the uniqueID come from? it seems to be the computer name ? do you reproduce the issue with it ?

eseb63 

Postby Gábor » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:23 am

@eseb63: Good idea to add the version number to the first alert. Now I've added it. It should show version 3.
Also in the URL alert now you should see the accented character in an encoded form. Is it so?
An other thing what I've done is that I've erased your cookies from the user database so now you probably need to log in again. I did it just to be sure that the reason is not messed up cookies.

I could not reproduce the problem on my side with your cookie data and UniqueID. For me the plugins are downloading and installing perfectly with your user.

Yes the UniqueID contains your computer name.

Please give it an other try.

Gábor 
SketchUcation IT

Postby eseb63 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:58 am

i tried again with the version 3 : same result

the uniqueID in the url alert is well encoded (REN%C3%89-PC%3A16)
but if all works well for you when using my uniqueID, i don't see how this uniqueID itself might be the reason of my issue ?

maybe it could help to check what are the differences when you use my data and when i use it : the reason of the issue is surely there ?

eseb63 

Postby Gábor » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:05 pm

@eseb63: So now everything is encoded/decoded the right way. I have no idea what could be the difference unless you have some firewall settings what prevents the downloading of the plugin. Anyhow I sent you a PM with a link what SketchUcation Tools uses to download the plugins with your user. Could you please try to use that link directly in your browser? Is the plugin downloading without any problem?

Gábor 
SketchUcation IT

Postby eseb63 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:53 pm

yes, the plugin is well downloaded if i use the direct link in my browser.

do the Sketchucation Extension Store need a special rule in the firewall (when working with Sketchup i always accepted when the Windows Firewell Control asked me)?

i have already 3 rules for Sketchup:
- Sketchup Application (sketchup.exe)
- Sketchup Application (TCP-out) 172.217.19.51:1182
- Sketchup Application (TCP-out) 34.198.211.158:1174

if i run a who-is query, i see that the first address is related to Google organization and to Amazon one for the second : maybe Trimble uses data services from these two companies?

eseb63 

Postby Gábor » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:05 pm

Well..... What we know now for sure is that the plugin is downloading without any problems from the server with from the same URL and credentials what the Ruby part of the plugin is using to download it. But it is not downloading with the SketchUp Ruby.

I think we need to bring TIG back to this topic. Maybe he has an idea to make a test from the Ruby console to try to download a plugin with the same ruby instructions he uses in the SketchUcation Tools.

I'll PM him.

Gábor 
SketchUcation IT

Postby TIG » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:41 pm

If we go back several weeks, I already outlined how to test this IF the RBZ downloaded OK...
viewtopic.php?p=649840&f=10#p649840

e.g. Manually download PurgeAll_v3.0.rbz from the PluginStore, put it onto your Desktop.
then in the Ruby Console...
path='C:/Users/René/Desktop/PurgeAll_v3.0.rbz'
Sketchup.install_from_archive(path)

Does it work ?

Now let's repeat this by putting the PurgeAll_v3.0.rbz into your SCF's Temp subfolder thus...
Its found thus - SCF::TEMPDIR - OR you can also check that this is the exact same RBZtool::TEMPDIR which is copy of it...
It should be something like:
C:/Users/René/AppData/Local/Temp/SCF
Add the RBZ thus: path=C:/Users/René/AppData/Local/Temp/SCF/PurgeAll_v3.0.rbz
Now use: Sketchup.install_from_archive(path)

Does that work ?

If it didn't work, then please try these 'tricks' and retry...
SCF::TEMPDIR.encoding
It should be 'UTF-8'
BUT if it's not try forcing it with this
path=(SCF::TEMPDIR.force_encoding('UTF-8'))+"/PurgeAll_v3.0.rbz"
Then repeat the test...

This is indeed a mystery since everything seems OK, until it's passed through the encrypted version ?
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby eseb63 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:41 pm

i made this tests several weeks ago when TIG suggested me, but i made it again...

PurgeAll plugin is installed correctly when copied on the desktop or in the SCF temp folder

but this tests can't explain the issue as they have a prerequisite, as TIG said, that is not satisfied : the plugin has to be downloaded and it's not the case.

SCF::TEMPDIR.encoding returns UTF-8
exist? and readable? commands return true for SCF::TEMPDIR
all entries have full control on SCF::TEMPDIR, so that's not a permission issue

we noticed that SCF::TEMDIR had the DOS syntax (C:/Users/REN~1/AppData/Local/Temp/SCF) : might it be a clue to explain the downloading failure?

Gábor said at in his first intervention that according to the logs, there were no downloads from the pluginstore plugin with my cookie data : do you have more details in the logs? does that mean that no download attempt succeeded, or that there where even no download attempt logged?

eseb63 

Postby TIG » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:50 pm

The DOS syntax for the path shouldn't do any harm.

If the RBZ is not getting downloaded at all - let alone getting installed - then the issue is elsewhere...

I'll make a temporary version of one of the files and PM it to you and Gábor - replace the equivalent file in your ../Plugins/SketchUcation subfolder and retry a download...
You should get some additional messages if it fails...

Please wait for the PM...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby Coilheaddesigns » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:51 am

Who do i request with to delete my bundles on my plugin so i can make a new one with all my current plugins i have cleared out a lot that i don't need

Coilheaddesigns 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Previous

Return to SketchUp Tutorials