"ActiveX" error when starting several plugins  Topic is solved

General discussion related to SketchUp

"ActiveX" error when starting several plugins

Postby akynxs » Sun May 03, 2020 7:02 am



I'm having this problem with several plugins that use web pages, Cleanup³, 1001Bit and others.
0
User avatar
akynxs 
 

Re: "ActiveX" error when starting several plugins

Postby Dave R » Sun May 03, 2020 3:16 pm

Is this with SketchUp 2018? What version of Windows? What graphics card?
1
Etaoin Shrdlu


%

(THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

M30

%
User avatar
Dave R 
Global Moderator
 

Re: "ActiveX" error when starting several plugins

Postby TIG » Sun May 03, 2020 6:46 pm

Many plugins still use the older WebDialog methods from the API.
These dialogs rely on using many aspects of the system's default-browser - on a PC it's Internet Explorer [IE] or Safari on a MAC - this is irrespective of the web-browser you normally use day-to-day.

So if you have tried to uninstall IE or radically changed your Internet-Options setting - e.g. limited the ability to run java scripts, Activex controls etc - then that can break some of these dialogs functions.

Even if you have not done anything like that, then sometimes the IE cache can become corrupted.
You need to open IE and clear its cache.
Then start SketchUp and see if these dialogs are improved...
1
TIG
User avatar
TIG 
Global Moderator
 

Re: "ActiveX" error when starting several plugins

Postby akynxs » Mon May 04, 2020 9:35 am

Dave R wrote:Is this with SketchUp 2018? What version of Windows? What graphics card?


I'm using Sketchup 2020 on a student license. I use an NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti (4GB).


TIG wrote:Many plugins still use the older WebDialog methods from the API.
These dialogs rely on using many aspects of the system's default-browser - on a PC it's Internet Explorer [IE] or Safari on a MAC - this is irrespective of the web-browser you normally use day-to-day.

So if you have tried to uninstall IE or radically changed your Internet-Options setting - e.g. limited the ability to run java scripts, Activex controls etc - then that can break some of these dialogs functions.

Even if you have not done anything like that, then sometimes the IE cache can become corrupted.
You need to open IE and clear its cache.
Then start SketchUp and see if these dialogs are improved...


I uninstalled Internet Explorer 11 after trying to solve the problem, but it didn't. I also refined the Internet Explorer settings and it also didn't solve it, I already cleared the cache and all options by CCleaner and continued the problem.

I ended up removing Sketchup with Revo Unistaller (Removed folders and records), the problem disappeared for a few hours, but came back.
0
User avatar
akynxs 
 

Re: "ActiveX" error when starting several plugins  Topic is solved

Postby TIG » Mon May 04, 2020 12:25 pm

akynxs wrote:I uninstalled Internet Explorer 11 after trying to solve the problem, but it didn't. I also refined the Internet Explorer settings and it also didn't solve it, I already cleared the cache and all options by CCleaner and continued the problem.

I ended up removing Sketchup with Revo Uninstaller (Removed folders and records), the problem disappeared for a few hours, but came back.


I didn't tell you to uninstall Internet Explorer 11 !
Indeed, doing so will affect SketchUp abilities to make working dialogs in many extensions which rely on WebDialogs.

Did you look at the advanced Internet Options [Control Panel] and use less restrictive [medium?] settings to allow scripts etc to run ?

It is the IE cache which needs clearing - done from within IE etc... Ctrl+Shift+Delete
0
TIG
User avatar
TIG 
Global Moderator
 

Re: "ActiveX" error when starting several plugins

Postby akynxs » Mon May 04, 2020 5:02 pm

TIG wrote:
akynxs wrote:I uninstalled Internet Explorer 11 after trying to solve the problem, but it didn't. I also refined the Internet Explorer settings and it also didn't solve it, I already cleared the cache and all options by CCleaner and continued the problem.

I ended up removing Sketchup with Revo Uninstaller (Removed folders and records), the problem disappeared for a few hours, but came back.


I didn't tell you to uninstall Internet Explorer 11 !
Indeed, doing so will affect SketchUp abilities to make working dialogs in many extensions which rely on WebDialogs.

Did you look at the advanced Internet Options [Control Panel] and use less restrictive [medium?] settings to allow scripts etc to run ?

It is the IE cache which needs clearing - done from within IE etc... Ctrl+Shift+Delete


Thanks to everyone who is trying to help me

Hello TIG

About IE, I believe I spoke the wrong way (I'm using a translator, because my native language is not English), I had already dropped IE before looking for help here, but I already activated it again.

Regarding the restrictions, I already changed the options, leaving everything on the bottom, but nothing has changed, it seems that it is not interfering inside Sketchup.

Here are some pictures of the settings I changed: https://imgur.com/a/NVurte2

About the IE cache, I had already cleared the cache through IE itself, but it didn't solve it. ; (
0
My workflow on my college projects is:
Sketchup2022 (Educational) + V-Ray 5 (Educational)
User avatar
akynxs 
 

Re: "ActiveX" error when starting several plugins

Postby TIG » Mon May 04, 2020 7:02 pm

Your English is much better than my Portuguese !

I see your settings etc. Most look OK - except the following...
My are different to yours...
Can you try mine ??
0
TIG
User avatar
TIG 
Global Moderator
 

Re: "ActiveX" error when starting several plugins

Postby akynxs » Mon May 04, 2020 9:09 pm

TIG wrote:Your English is much better than my Portuguese !

I see your settings etc. Most look OK - except the following...
My are different to yours...
Can you try mine ??


Unfortunately it did not solve. ;(

I will remove all sketchup, folders and the registry and do an installation from scratch.

I suspect the problem started when I installed Enscape.
2
My workflow on my college projects is:
Sketchup2022 (Educational) + V-Ray 5 (Educational)
User avatar
akynxs 
 

Re: "ActiveX" error when starting several plugins

Postby DarthMarco » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:56 pm

akynxs wrote:
TIG wrote:Your English is much better than my Portuguese !

I see your settings etc. Most look OK - except the following...
My are different to yours...
Can you try mine ??


Unfortunately it did not solve. ;(

I will remove all sketchup, folders and the registry and do an installation from scratch.

I suspect the problem started when I installed Enscape.


That's exactly what happened to me, as soon I removed enscape it magically started working again, no need to reinstall sketchup.
2

DarthMarco 
 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago



Ad Machine 
Robot
 



 

Return to SketchUp Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ton baeten and 5 guests