Is this a bug or me doing something wrong

General discussion related to SketchUp Pro and Make

Is this a bug or me doing something wrong

Postby Kalban » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:06 am

Hi all

can anyone explain to me what is happening here. I can not understand why the 2. cube in the video is duplicated or double. (see the video)
https://youtu.be/NQKZ76MR26g

I am basically making a box, and converting it to a group. Then i move it, enable ctrl to copy, and place it. Then i'm typing "x3" to array. When i move the boxes one by one after that, I can see there is 2 cubes in the 2. location. But why? is this happening to anyone else?

I'm using SketchUp version 19.3.253
0

Kalban 
 

Re: Is this a bug or me doing something wrong

Postby Kalban » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:45 am

Bonus info:

This is not consistent. I have tried to do the same in a different file, with no duplicate box.
0

Kalban 
 

Re: Is this a bug or me doing something wrong

Postby pilou » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:46 am

Use the Right Clic or the Edit Menu for make a Group and not a shortCut for see if you obtain the same result!
0
Frenchy Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
Speedy Galerie
User avatar
pilou 
Top SketchUcator
 

Re: Is this a bug or me doing something wrong

Postby Kalban » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:48 am

pilou wrote:Use the Right Clic or the menu for make a group and not a shortCut for see if you obtain the same result!


Thats what i'm doing. But windows game recorder does not capture this in the video.
0

Kalban 
 

Re: Is this a bug or me doing something wrong

Postby Aureus » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:29 pm

Kalban,

Do you see that behaviour in every file you make?
If that is just in one case - then it may be one of those cases which are hardly to explain (happened to me a couple of times in different programs).
(Usually one has to open a new file and redraw a problematic object and so save time thinking whole day what was wrong.)

If that happens in all cases on your computer then I don't know what to say.
I myself didn't experience that weird acting.
But I use SU2016.
0
User avatar
Aureus 
 

Re: Is this a bug or me doing something wrong

Postby Kalban » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:44 am

Aureus wrote:Do you see that behaviour in every file you make?


Not in every file, but often.

I usually make 2-5 projects each week. They are all created from the same template. So i will try to make a new template from at fresh file, to see if that solves the problem.
The problem is that its not consistent, not even in the same file. Sometimes it happens with one component, but not with another in the same file.

i will get back after some more testing.
0

Kalban 
 

Re: Is this a bug or me doing something wrong

Postby Kalban » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:48 pm

So i tested it now with a new template, made from one of SU default templates. Problem still exist.

So i'm guessing next step is to look at extensions, and see if one of them are to blame.
0

Kalban 
 

Re: Is this a bug or me doing something wrong

Postby Aureus » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:09 pm

Kalban wrote:So i tested it now with a new template, made from one of SU default templates. Problem still exist.

So i'm guessing next step is to look at extensions, and see if one of them are to blame.

Do that, yes. :)

Sometimes one has no option other than to manually search for an item which is to blame.

1. Last week for example I experienced a weird behaviour within one file made with some graphics editor program. I made 10-15 files each 50-100 MB heavy (which my computer can work with). But one of them had only about 30 MB and four pages (for printing). Unlike others which could be opened in a few seconds this one always took several minutes. Weird. And when editing one of those pages - I got a terrible slowdown. Just one of those pages.
I couldn't find any solution online.
It looked as that page somehow restricted amount of RAM asigned to the file. Or who knows what.

Anyway, things were settled out this way: I created a fresh file. Made four pages, copied items from problematic file one by one or grouped. And when I started copied items from the problematic page all were copied with no problem except one small jpg image. :)
Just imagine, 600x400px 100KB image didn't behave nicely, but instead created huge problems and slowed me down considerably.
So instead of copied it from that file, I found it on my computer, imported into the new file, resized it there, placed as it should be and that was it.
Now that file and everything in it behave normally.
No weird acting anymore.

So sometimes even something really small can cause big problems.

2. Or look what happened to me once when working with some face-me trees in SketchUp:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=63003

During rotation - some trees rotated normally, but some didn't. No one exactly knew why - but eventually, I exploded that tree species component and made a fresh face-me component from exploded parts, put component instances in correct places (luckily I had marks) and now all of them behaved like good guys this time. Exploding and reasembling helped in my case.

3. I hope you will find the guilty guy in your case soon.
And tell us what was it.
0
User avatar
Aureus 
 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago



Ad Machine 
Robot
 



 

Return to SketchUp Pro & Make Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Feedfetcher, helmihairizulk and 8 guests

Visit our sponsors: