sketchucation problem!!!

General discussion related to SketchUp Pro and Make

sketchucation problem!!!

Postby xiaobao2002 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:27 am

after update my mac to catalina, I CAN't USE SKETCHUCATION anymore ! please help with this problem, that couse my Clothworks plugin license expiry! thank you so much!

xiaobao2002 

Re: sketchucation problem!!!

Postby solo » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:01 am

I'm not a Mac user, hope someone jumps in and helps.
http://www.solos-art.com

If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.
solo 
Global Moderator

Postby Dave R » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:19 am

I assume you are referring to the Sketchucation Tools extension. Keep in mind that SketchUp has not yet been updated to work with Catalina. The SketchUp folks are working on updating SketchUp 2019 to support running in Catalina but at this time they are still working on it.

Your profile indicates you are using SketchUp 2018 which will never be updated for Catalina. Your profile also indicates you are using a Free or Make version of 2018 which has never existed. What version are you really using?
Etaoin Shrdlu

%

(THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

M30

%
Dave R 
Global Moderator

Postby juju » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:32 am

xiaobao2002 wrote:after update my mac to catalina

there lies your problem

this seems to be an ongoing thing with mac OS upgrades, seems like the idea is to always be at least one OS update behind the lead
Save the Earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.
juju 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby TIG » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:51 pm

As Dave says, it's not just SketchUcation - many extensions will fail with MAC's Catalina - it is not compatible with ANY version of SketchUp.
It's also not just extensions, the whole SketchUp app is subject to flakiness with Catalina...

I know that they are working on a Maintenance Release for SketchUp v2019 to address this well known OS MAC issue.

So currently you cannot safely use ANY SketchUp version with Catalina - it might work - but chances are it'll fall down unexpectedly.

Also they only plan to update v2019 to be compatible, so if you have v2018 or earlier versions, then Catalina is never going to become fully compatible.
Once a v2019 that works is out you either have to swap over to that or if you are stuck with an earlier version [because of licensing etc or you are using v2017make] then you need to roll-back to the previous MAC OS, and not upgrade...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Return to SketchUp Pro & Make Discussions