SketchUp to Blender2.8 EEVEE Interior Rendering Course ships

General discussion related to SketchUp Pro and Make

SketchUp to Blender2.8 EEVEE Interior Rendering Course ships

Postby chippwalters » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:44 am

Hey guys,

As many of you may know, I've been hard at work on a SketchUp to Blender Rendering pipeline. And I've been working with many top SketchUp artists to create a course that brings the power of the FREE Blender 2.8 EEVEE renderer to SketchUp users.

What this means is you can continue to model AND EVEN TEXTURE in SketchUp, then port your scenes to Blender where you can create photoreal renderings and animations in seconds. This picture literally took under 2 seconds to render! (the render is on the RIGHT-- the left is a photograph)

One of the key goals in this course was to give the minimum information necessary, in a compressed format, so you can jump into Blender with your SketchUp files, without having to learn UV Mapping, modeling, complex shaders, node editors and compositing tools. I've done all the hard work for you to try and make it as simple as possible.

If you want to learn more:

and here as well:
https://gum.co/EEVEE
chippwalters 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: SketchUp to Blender2.8 EEVEE Interior Rendering Course s

Postby juju » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:07 am

chippwalters wrote:One of the key goals in this course was to give the minimum information necessary, in a compressed format...

Concise subject matter, excellent!
Save the Earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.
juju 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby nlipovac » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:53 am

Definitely on my list! Great job on this. :thumb:

nlipovac 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby pbacot » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:43 pm

Watched the intro. Looks great!
MacOSX Mojave High Sierra SketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v2 PowerCADD
pbacot 
Top SketchUcator

Postby faust07 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:26 pm

Great! Looking for a way to render MSPhysics animations with EEVEE...

faust07 

Postby L i am » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:38 am

Hey Chip, how much is the course? I am unable to check out the links as I am working in Government, and my computer massively filters content and will not allow me to lnk.
Looks realy interesting. Was looking at blender renderers in the past but the blender interface is so damn conveluted and unintuitive, typically blender. I am sure it is logical on a deferent level than SU. If any other sketchup users have done the course could you please review on how you got along with Evvee from a SU/not Blender user perspective and perhaps let us know your experience.
Thanks and Cheers

L i am 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Pixero » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:22 am

@chipwalters
Interesting. Is there any info on how heavy scenes are handled by eevee? Memory wise, if for example the scene memory is bigger than the GPU RAM, what happens? Does it work but slower or just stops?
I downloaded Blender 2.8 beta and must say that it wasn't as crazy as it used to be. I still feel lost but at least now it kind of reminds of how other 3d software works.
Does Blender and eevee support proxies?
Pixero 

Postby rparsons » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:17 pm

Just watched the video... very interesting. I too would like to know the price of your course(s) as I am very interested. Thanks

rparsons 

Postby L i am » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:35 am

Thought this needed a bump, cheers

L i am 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby rv1974 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:17 am

I was unpleasantly surprised to know there's no VrayProxy equivalent in Blender\Cycles. In addition, distributed rendering is in form of beta-stage plugin (with all surprises of beta). So I suppose the large scale Archviz would be rather questionable.

Pixero wrote:@chipwalters
Interesting. Is there any info on how heavy scenes are handled by eevee? Memory wise, if for example the scene memory is bigger than the GPU RAM, what happens? Does it work but slower or just stops?
I downloaded Blender 2.8 beta and must say that it wasn't as crazy as it used to be. I still feel lost but at least now it kind of reminds of how other 3d software works.
Does Blender and eevee support proxies?

rv1974 

Postby pilou » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:45 pm

No need UV! :enlight:

Frenchy Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
Speedy Galerie
pilou 
Top SketchUcator

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Return to SketchUp Pro & Make Discussions