hidden geometry

General discussion related to SketchUp Pro and Make

hidden geometry

Postby pmolson » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:08 pm

Hi, I have some artifacts showing up in my rendering program that are not visible in the sketchup model.
Wondering if anyone has ideas on how they might not show up in my su model, but do show up in my render program.

Windows 10 pro
su pro latest version
lumion 8.5

I have checked my template and all layers are on and I have looked to see if I hid them by mistake.

they show up in every model I import into lumion and read as part of the su object.
node material.JPG
no nodes.JPG
pmolson 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: hidden geometry

Postby Rich O Brien » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:09 pm

Does it show up when you render to still/animation? Or is it only into the viewport of Lumion?
There's a frontroom and a backroom....reverse faces
Rich O Brien 
Administrator

Postby pmolson » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:40 pm

Hi Rich,
it will show up in renders. If it is not right in my face I can ignore it, but sometimes I have to PS it out of the image. I have recently started assigning a transparent material to the offensive little pieces in lumion as a band aide.

It definitely is coming in with the su file because when I select the su oblect in lumion it will highlight along with the model.

Odd though that the material assigned to the little buggers is called lumion node material.

I have contacted lumion as well to see if they have an idea.

p
pmolson 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Dave R » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:00 pm

Just in case, have you also turned on Hidden Geometry and Hidden Objects in SketchUp? Do the bounding boxes of any of the objects in your model extend out to encompass those things?
Etaoin Shrdlu

%

(THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

M30

%
Dave R 
Global Moderator

Postby pmolson » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:47 pm

Hi Dave,
Yes I have tried turning on hidden objects & hidden geometry.

I have not noticed a bounding box encompassing the objects.

I cant say for absolute sure that they are not part of another group or component because I did not go through every single grp/comp in the model but I think I would have noticed when placing or creating groups/comp.

I focused on items that I reuse often because these UFO's show up in most if not all models that I render.

p
pmolson 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Dave R » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:55 pm

Very strange stuff.
Etaoin Shrdlu

%

(THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

M30

%
Dave R 
Global Moderator

Postby slbaumgartner » Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:50 pm

Just a stab in the dark: the camera orientation is different in the render vs the su screenshot you posted. If you orbit to align the two, does anything show up in SketchUp?

slbaumgartner 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Return to SketchUp Pro & Make Discussions