Combining plan sets

General discussion related to LayOut

Combining plan sets

Postby mpacey » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:57 pm

After creating a number of plan sets using templates (thanks Nick), I would like to combine them into a single plan set.
Other than making each set a template and importing to a new plan set, is there an easier way?

mpacey 

Re: Combining plan sets

Postby Dave R » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:55 pm

You could use Adobe Acrobat to combine PDF files into a single PDF file.
There are probably other applications that ca do it as well.
Etaoin Shrdlu

%

(THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

M30

%
Dave R 
Global Moderator

Postby TIG » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:16 pm

You can even do it 'on-line' using free PDF editors...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby pbacot » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:18 am

When one is speaking "templates" and imports, could it be he means combining pages into a single LO file? Of course, to me a plan set is a complete set of drawings for one project. I can't see the value of combining "plan sets" per se. Maybe it's to combine a multi-building project.
MacOSX Mojave High Sierra SketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v2 PowerCADD
pbacot 
Top SketchUcator

Postby Dave R » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:59 am

pbacot wrote:When one is speaking "templates" and imports, could it be he means combining pages into a single LO file? Of course, to me a plan set is a complete set of drawings for one project. I can't see the value of combining "plan sets" per se. Maybe it's to combine a multi-building project.

I made the assumption that the OP is asking about combining multiple PDF exports into a single file and made my suggestion accordingly.

It is possible to add blank pages to an existing LO file and then copy the contents of pages from another file to the blank pages. One would need to make sure the layers in both projects have identical match and care would be required with content on shared layers. You'd also not want to copy anything that results in duplicated references as that can create big problems. Probably easier and safer to combine PDFs.
Etaoin Shrdlu

%

(THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

M30

%
Dave R 
Global Moderator

Postby veerlexyz » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:11 pm

See "Print to separate pdf with name of page": viewtopic.php?f=13&t=67941&p=624246#p624246

veerlexyz 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Return to LayOut Discussions