Scroll wheel unresponsive on osx

Found a bug in SketchUp? Report it here

Scroll wheel unresponsive on osx

Postby santiagom » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:13 pm

Sometimes, when working, the scroll wheel stops zooming, pan and orbit do work, zoom does not. The only way to bring it back is to manually select the zoom tool, zoom in or out, and the scroll works again. Really random, no other action that triggers this behavior.

S
poster-santiagom

santiagom 

Re: Scroll wheel unresponsive on osx

Postby Edson » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:13 pm

similar behaviour happens to me. what i do is to click on some part of my model and scroll is back working again. it is probably a bug that the google people should be made aware of.
edson mahfuz, architect | porto alegre • brasil
http://www.mahfuz.arq.br
Edson 
Global Moderator

Postby tim » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:16 pm

I occasionally see something similar but I think it might be related to the number of events that get sent when whizzing the scrollwheel. What happens to me is that it looks like SU has stopped responding for a moment, then it will catch up - mostly. Sometimes it seems to have lost track of the zooming.

I suspect that it's scrollwheel event related because I see a similar effect on one or two other apps, including one where I am able to debug and see that there are many, many, events being passed in. My guess for SU is that the large stack of redraw events caused just overwhelms some handler.

poster-tim

tim 

Postby Krisidious » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:17 pm

in my experience... the mouse software of new pointing devices often conflicts with SU. I go through them like I go through underwear, I change about once a month... try turning off any software associated to your mouse and try opening SU again. otherwise maybe it's because it's a mac? jk ;)
By: Kristoff Rand
Home Designer
Unique House Plans
Krisidious 

Postby Gaieus » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:18 pm

Krisidious wrote:...I go through them like I go through underwear, I change about once a month...

Do you mean Kris that you don't even change your underwear at least weekly???
8O
Gaieus 

Postby Edson » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:19 pm

Krisidious wrote:in my experience... the mouse software of new pointing devices often conflicts with SU. I go through them like I go through underwear, I change about once a month... try turning off any software associated to your mouse and try opening SU again. otherwise maybe it's because it's a mac? jk ;)

are you insinuating there is some problem with our macs? wait for steve jobs's goons to pay you a visit! :ewink:
edson mahfuz, architect | porto alegre • brasil
http://www.mahfuz.arq.br
Edson 
Global Moderator

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Return to SketchUp Bug Reporting