Wish list for Sketchup 2018

Got an idea to improve SketchUp?

Re: Wish list for Sketchup 2018

Postby Zacchia » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:30 pm

If i set some measurements it would be great if they would be automatically set to a new layer "measurement"

Good day to anybody :enlight:

Zacchia 

Toolbars' Titlebar

Postby JClements » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:44 pm

Since many Toolbar titles are too long to be displayed in their Titlebar, allow a right-click on the Titlebar to display the full title besides the cursor.
John
Illustrator
Beaverton, Oregon
JClements 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Sekta » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:25 am

I wish for sketchup / layout to have better vector output for construction docs. Skalp is great but the raster infill to walls doesn't print well unless on high output. Something like skalp incorporated into SKP/Layout with vector infill would be a step closer for me to stop paying damn Autodesk subscriptions for revit and autocad.
I really like the way visualarq for Rhino produces a 2d flat section or plan representation for vector output that is automatically updated when amended. Something like this would for me anyway be extremely helpful. :fro: :fro:
Sekta 

Re: Add Location

Postby JClements » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:01 am

Give the ability to enter Latitude and Longitude coordinates using the same formats found in Google Earth.
John
Illustrator
Beaverton, Oregon
JClements 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby boofredlay » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:30 pm

It would be nice to be able to save the position of a watermark between scenes.

If you place a watermark as positioned on screen you choose where it goes. Sometimes the content of a scene will interfere with the company logo. I then have to re-position it on screen. Saving the position from scene to scene would be great.
boofredlay 
Global Moderator

Postby Bob James » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:11 am

I often have multiple SU sessions open at the same time. It's almost impossible to know which "Default Tray" goes with a given instance. Can the file name be added to the Default Tray top bar? Not the whole path, just the file name.
i7-4930K 3.4Ghz, 2x GTX780 6GB, 32GB DDR3-1600 ECC, OCZ Vertex 4 500GB, WD Black 3TB, 32TB NAS, 4x 27" Monitors, SpaceMouse Pro, X-keys XK-60
Bob James 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby jonathonlt » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:55 pm

John Sayers wrote:I would like the Windows version to have 2 or more files open at once - I gather the Mac version already has this feature.

see if this works , if I try and move it I PROBARBLY loose it ,,my relavent post is in DEVELOPERS FORUM headed DOC MULTIPLE MODELS the NEW (full) pic did not upload and I am short of line time from Jon

jonathonlt 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Previous

Return to SketchUp Feature Requests