Sandbox Tools

Sandbox Tools

Postby garystan » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:56 pm

Hi everybody :

When using SANDBOX /FROM SCRATCH, how do I adjust the distance between lines. In Sketchup 8, looks like the default is 10 feet. Question : wouldn't a smaller distance allow for a smoother terrain ?

garystan

garystan 

Re: Sandbox Tools

Postby sdmitch » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:18 pm

garystan wrote:Hi everybody :

When using SANDBOX /FROM SCRATCH, how do I adjust the distance between lines. In Sketchup 8, looks like the default is 10 feet. Question : wouldn't a smaller distance allow for a smoother terrain ?

garystan

After selecting From Scratch, keyin the desired cell size then define the grid. Certainly smaller would mean smoother. Just means a lot more edges and faces to deal with.
Nothing is worthless, it can always be used as a bad example.

http://sdmitch.blogspot.com/
sdmitch 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Re: Sandbox Tools

Postby garystan » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:53 pm

sdmitch wrote:
garystan wrote:Hi everybody :

garystan

After selecting From Scratch, keyin the desired cell size then define the grid. Certainly smaller would mean smoother. Just means a lot more edges and faces to deal with.

sdmitch :

Okay.....I see what you mean, I selected Sandbox / From Scratch. Then...BEFORE......drawing out the "perimeter".....type in the 5' (instead of the default 10'). But, make sure you press ENTER before you do the layout. Thanks for your help. garystan

garystan 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Return to Corner Bar