Requirements: Internet Explorer 8+
Window → Ruby Console+
The buttons have the following features:
- Clear: Clears the console output
- Reload: Reloads current scripts. In the menu next to it you can select which scripts to reload.
- Binding: Allows to change the context in which a command is executed from global (TOPLEVEL_BINDING) to a specific Class or instance for easier debugging. This allows you to execute private methods or access private instance variables.
- Select Entity: Allows you to click an Entity in the model to get a reference to it in the console.
By holding ctrl when the main window is focussed, you can select points and by holding shift you can turn on inferencing.
You can also assign an entity to a reference name of you choice, by typing & selecting the variable name and then selecting the entity.
- Preferences: A menu to change color theme and font size and other settings.
Previous version: 1.0.10
version 2.0.0: 13.06.2013
- more robust webdialog communication (should avoid corruption of settings)
- saves history immediately and to a file and separate from the preferences. Thus issues with escaping and registry reading are avoided.
- new architecture supports several independent instances of the console
- added: Select Entity tool
version 1.0.10: 15.05.2013
- better support of higher dpi settings
version 1.0.9: 01.03.2013
- icon added
version 1.0.8: 03.11.2012
- removed debug messages that were left over by mistake
version 1.0.7: 27.10.2012
- improvements for initialization
version 1.0.5: 30.08.2012
- now it tracks also script errors
- better webdialog communication
- input field resizes more reliably
- inspector: highlights entities in the model
- "repeat" button: allows to quickly repeat previous input without browsing too long in the history
- after clicking buttons, the input field gains focus again
- many optimizations
version 1.0.2: 10.07.2012
- minor change: validates data before using execute_script.
version 1.0.1: 07.07.2012