[Plugin] FredoTools::ThruPaint - v1.3a - 20 Oct 16

Re: [Plugin] FredoTools::ThruPaint - v1.3a - 20 Oct 16

Postby fredo6 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:46 pm

Maybe you can PM me the model so that I see if this is related to ThruPaint or to your machine configuration.
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby Ahmed0007 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:25 pm

hi fredo6
i'm making a tutorial about your this plugin but i think i found bug.
it's not painting Dimensions in sketchup 2018-19
what is the solution.
Thanks

Ahmed0007 

Postby fredo6 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:48 am

Ahmed0007 wrote:hi fredo6
what is the solution.
Thanks

It's just a missing feature. Not sure if there is a value in this (versus using the native Paint tool).

Fredo
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby Ahmed0007 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:34 am

fredo6 wrote:
Ahmed0007 wrote:hi fredo6
what is the solution.
Thanks

It's just a missing feature. Not sure if there is a value in this (versus using the native Paint tool).

Fredo

ok.
thanks for reply.

Ahmed0007 

Postby chaosaic » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:30 pm

fredo6 wrote:@chaosaic,

Difficult to tell what is the problem.
Could you indicate which UV mode you use (Natural, Projection, QuadMesh) and if you have a problem of performance in all modes.

Also, what kind of texture do you use? Is it a heavy image?

after few days of searching and testing , I believe I have found the problem.
at least the huge one of them.

when outliner tray is expanded , if the file contains high poly geometry , whether its hidden or not (but geometry in invisible layer not in this case),
painting UV and using of visual mode will be extremly lag(I'm not sure if this happen in my PC only).

anyway , really appreciate that you take your time to answer my question patiently.
and again , great plug-in.

chaosaic 

Postby fredo6 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:27 am

chaosaic wrote:after few days of searching and testing , I believe I have found the problem.
at least the huge one of them.

when outliner tray is expanded , if the file contains high poly geometry , whether its hidden or not (but geometry in invisible layer not in this case),
painting UV and using of visual mode will be extremly lag(I'm not sure if this happen in my PC only).

For info, I made a change in FredoTools 3.4a to keep performance OK when outliner is open.

So if you wish to test if it works in your case...

Fred0
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby chaosaic » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:31 am

For info, I made a change in FredoTools 3.4a to keep performance OK when outliner is open.

So if you wish to test if it works in your case...

Fred0

I have just test ThruPaint in FredoTools 3.4a.
When outliner tray is opened , painting and adjusting speed is almost the same as its not open.
Outliner problem just like mystery to me and you just solve it :lol:

As a newbie I want to ask if there's a way to export a 3dsmax model's UV to sketchup?
I hvae a 3dsmax model already has it's own UV map, then I export it as .obj, import to WrapR check its the same as 3dsmax model, then import UV.obj by SketchUV tools, but not working.

chaosaic 

Postby Vicente122334 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:19 pm

Hey Fredo6!
So, I was messing around with Thrupaint trying to texture a curved and "Z axis" road and when I tried to texture it, The section where the road is straight and curved is just diferent (deformed) like in the image I just sent...
Is there any way I can solve this? I've been searching for almost a week, thanks!

Vicente122334 

Postby fredo6 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:34 am

Vicente122334 wrote:Hey Fredo6!
So, I was messing around with Thrupaint trying to texture a curved and "Z axis" road and when I tried to texture it, The section where the road is straight and curved is just diferent (deformed) like in the image I just sent...
Is there any way I can solve this? I've been searching for almost a week, thanks!

Difficult to tell without the model.
In general, you should do all the segments of the road in one go.
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby dedmin » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:56 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkurqnkd1rY

dedmin 

Postby Vicente122334 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:44 pm

fredo6 wrote:

Difficult to tell without the model.
In general, you should do all the segments of the road in one go.

Hello! Thank you so much for replying!
I actually manage to find the solution, I just had to triangulate and I also did what you said in your post, I did all the road together. I actually have another issue but I don't think this one is solvable, I don't know... when the curve starts in my road, the part of the texture on the left side scales up way more than the one on the right side. Is it possible to keep both at the same scale?
Thanks for reading! I will also send the sketch file this time.

Vicente122334 

Postby fredo6 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:26 pm

Stretching of the texture is inevitable in the rounding with the way Sketchup handles texture adjustment. There is nothing you can really do about it, even if you manage it manually with the pins.

Fredo
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby Ahmed0007 » Thu May 02, 2019 4:57 pm

Complete Tutorial of Fredo ThruPaint
https://youtu.be/db3KAv0-ATI

Ahmed0007 

Postby fredo6 » Thu May 02, 2019 9:50 pm

Ahmed0007 wrote:Complete Tutorial of Fredo ThruPaint

Thank you very much. Very complete and didactic. Congratulations.

I inserted the video in the main post of this thread.

Fred

PS: You should post on SketchUp Forum too.
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby Ahmed0007 » Fri May 03, 2019 1:13 pm

fredo6 wrote:
Ahmed0007 wrote:Complete Tutorial of Fredo ThruPaint

Thank you very much. Very complete and didactic. Congratulations.

I inserted the video in the main post of this thread.

Fred

PS: You should post on SketchUp Forum too.

Thank you so much :-D

Ahmed0007 

Postby summerson1990 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:21 pm

Hi! Can ThruPaint snap to guidelines or geometry when working in visual edition mode to align texture perfectly as native texture position tool does it? Look my screenshot
summerson1990 

Postby fredo6 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:55 pm

summerson1990 wrote:Hi! Can ThruPaint snap to guidelines or geometry when working in visual edition mode to align texture perfectly as native texture position tool does it? Look my screenshot

Not obvious, but probably feasible.
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby summerson1990 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:56 pm

fredo6 wrote:
summerson1990 wrote:Hi! Can ThruPaint snap to guidelines or geometry when working in visual edition mode to align texture perfectly as native texture position tool does it? Look my screenshot

Not obvious, but probably feasible.

So could you please say how to make it possible to snap? Sometimes it seems like something close to snapping is working but I didn't realized yet in what cases and how exactly it does. Thanks!
summerson1990 

Postby fredo6 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:05 pm

summerson1990 wrote:So could you please say how to make it possible to snap? Sometimes it seems like something close to snapping is working but I didn't realized yet in what cases and how exactly it does. Thanks!

I just say that this is not supported in the current version. So I would need to make the change.

Fredo
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby summerson1990 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:00 pm

fredo6 wrote:
summerson1990 wrote:So could you please say how to make it possible to snap? Sometimes it seems like something close to snapping is working but I didn't realized yet in what cases and how exactly it does. Thanks!

I just say that this is not supported in the current version. So I would need to make the change.

Fredo

Ok, as you will do it it will be very useful. Thank you!
summerson1990 

Postby modavi » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:06 pm

Hi Fredo, thanks for the amazing plugins! They're indispensable!

I am running into an issue exporting a mesh textured with ThruPaint to OBJ or FBX. Neither format preserves the UVs I've generated.

sketchup-mesh.jpg

After exporting the above mesh to obj or fbx format, and then import it into another program (I've tried both maya and unity) the UVs seem to have reverted to a basic planar projection.

unity-mesh.jpg

Is there anything required to "bake" the UVs into the mesh before they can be exported successfully by the built in sketchup exporters? I've tried enabling triangulation in the export options, but that does not fix the issue.

It's worth noting I'm using Sketchup 19.3.252 on OSX.

Thanks!

modavi 

Postby rv1974 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:49 am

Fredo, would it be possible to add 'triangulate quads* on painting option to ThruPaint?
*- analogous to TT's Quadface Tools?

rv1974 

Postby fredo6 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:45 pm

rv1974 wrote:Fredo, would it be possible to add 'triangulate quads* on painting option to ThruPaint?
*- analogous to TT's Quadface Tools?

What do you mean?
In QuadMesh mode, ThruPaint works whether the quads are true quads or are triangulated.
Do you want to force triangulation?
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby rv1974 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:59 pm

Yes I mean 'force triangulation' option (I hope we are talking about the same things :)
You see, if I'd export some perverted mesh (with QuadMesh UV applied) as foreign format (3ds, fbx, obj etc) I'd get tons of independent 'materials'- (one mat for every single face). The only way I know to avoid this plague is triangulation. TT's Triangulate command works perfectly,
The only inconvenience it's an extra procedure. Simultaneous painting + triangulation would be just perfect.

rv1974 

Postby fredo6 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:10 pm

rv1974 wrote:Yes I mean 'force triangulation' option (I hope we are talking about the same things :)
You see, if I'd export some perverted mesh (with QuadMesh UV applied) as foreign format (3ds, fbx, obj etc) I'd get tons of independent 'materials'- (one mat for every single face). The only way I know to avoid this plague is triangulation. TT's Triangulate command works perfectly,
The only inconvenience it's an extra procedure. Simultaneous painting + triangulation would be just perfect.

OK. But then, why don't you do the triangulation once, and then call ThruPaint after.

My problem is more to see how to fit the option in an already crowded GUI, and also keeping ThruPaint doing what it is paid for, that is, apply colors and textures, not alter the geometry.
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby rv1974 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:50 pm

Quite often I have to deal with truly complex files (say +100k objects, +1.5M faces).
It's simply inevitable to skip some objects (that must be triangulated).
For instance, Profile Builder allows instant multiple paths profile creation. I suggested Whaat to add 'triangulate upon creation' option But it wasn't addressed unfortunately. And then when the moment of export comes... Houston we have a problem :shock:
Anyways.. I don't think one tiny 3x3mm Δ button will mess up the palette. Per contra, the benefit would be inexpressible.

rv1974 

Postby Bandika » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:06 am

My favourite tool! Though now I have problems in SU2019.
A tiny little surface, such as a chair seat lasted 1,5 hour to paint. Earlier it was cca. 5 seconds.
Every little surface is 1 hour to do.

What could happen? I am going crazy...

Bandika 

Postby fredo6 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:12 am

Bandika wrote:My favourite tool! Though now I have problems in SU2019.
A tiny little surface, such as a chair seat lasted 1,5 hour to paint. Earlier it was cca. 5 seconds.
Every little surface is 1 hour to do.

That's not normal.
Could you post or PM me the model.
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby Bandika » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:18 am

Dear Fredo!

It just has recovered!!! I deleted then istalled again the extension, and now it is working as fine as before!!! Maybe it got scared from you:)
Big thanks!

Bandika 

Postby fredo6 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:49 am

Good to hear.

Still, I wonder what was creating the performance problem...
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

PreviousNext

Return to Plugins