Result of a work in progress test for another plugin I'm working on. It adds thickness to the surface inside selected groups and components.
Where is differs from Joint Push Pull is that it works on selected groups and components only. A group is added inside the group/component which will contain the shell. It generally seem to work faster than JPP, but it's tested far less and might very well break.
- Select groups and/or components.
- Activate Shell from the Tools menu.
- Enter a thickness in the VCB or pick a distance in the model.
- Double-click to commit. (You can also use Return to commit as long as the thickness has not changed.)
The project is available on BitBucket so if anyone wants to add improvements they can join the project and submit their changes.
Tools > Shell
- SketchUp 8 or newer - ( Other versions untested )
- TT_Lib2 (v2.5.4)