[Plugin] CameraKeyMaker 1.0 (Update 2011-04-09)

[Plugin] CameraKeyMaker 1.0 (Update 2011-04-09)

Postby macgile » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:33 pm

This plugin generates smooth animations based on a camera path (bezier spline). Camera keys are editable and saved within the drawing.

How to install: Unzip in Plugins folder.

Shortcuts:

Alt + Q : Add camera key / Update position of key (first press down. see below)
Down : Edit current key.
Left : Previous key.
Right : Next key.
Up : Preview animation.
Enter : Generate Scenes (pages)

Edit camera key mode is available only (top - right - left - front ) view.

Soon:
I want to add an effect to mimic the pitch of the airplane flight.

Known Issues:
1) WARNING ! when you whant generate avi file it crash sketchup (desactivate tool first "click on select tool" )

require bezier.rb
http://rhin.crai.archi.fr/rld/download.php?file=bezier.rb

Update 2011-04-09 (Fixed various errors with large model)
Download english version on ruby library depot (french version translated by Didier Bur is available) : Ruby Library Depot
Direct download : CameraKeyMaker.zip

Tutorial basic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ_V9Txie2A


Demo animation :

Parody


Cloister galleries Thoronet (test advanced animation)


Enjoy!
-1
Last edited by macgile on Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:19 pm, edited 20 times in total.

macgile 
 

Re: [Plugin] CameraKeyMaker 1.0

Postby srx » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:53 pm

Great! Thank you! :sketchstatic:
0
www.saurus.rs
User avatar
srx 
 

Re: [Plugin] CameraKeyMaker 1.0

Postby Krisidious » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:30 pm

nice animation. could you describe what makes your animation plugin different from others?
0
By: Kristoff Rand
Home Designer
Unique House Plans
User avatar
Krisidious 
 

Re: [Plugin] CameraKeyMaker 1.0

Postby Pixero » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:31 am

Wow! I'm stunned. :shock:
This is exactly what I always wanted for SU animation.
Thank you soooo much!

Did I say Wow? :sketchstatic:
0
User avatar
Pixero 
 

Re: [Plugin] CameraKeyMaker 1.0

Postby Pixero » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:33 am

Just did a quick test and it's supersmooth.
Love it already.
0
User avatar
Pixero 
 

Re: [Plugin] CameraKeyMaker 1.0

Postby Gaieus » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:49 pm

Yes, apparently very nice, smooth animations. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I wonder how they can be "translated" into 3rd party renderers' camera exporters (this is obviously not your task but of those who write them - hopefully it is feasible).
0
User avatar
Gaieus 
 

Re: [Plugin] CameraKeyMaker 1.0

Postby macgile » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:56 pm

Pixero wrote:Just did a quick test and it's supersmooth.
Love it already.



Thank you very much Pixero :)
0

macgile 
 

Re: [Plugin] CameraKeyMaker 1.0

Postby macgile » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:00 pm

Gaieus wrote:Yes, apparently very nice, smooth animations. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I wonder how they can be "translated" into 3rd party renderers' camera exporters (this is obviously not your task but of those who write them - hopefully it is feasible).


Yes it's possible.
I know that in LightWave the camera paths are stored in envelopes it's just a spline.
0
Last edited by macgile on Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

macgile 
 

Re: [Plugin] CameraKeyMaker 1.0

Postby TIG » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:37 pm

Excellent idea.
My only suggestion is that you put it in the 'Camera' menu rather than the 'Plugins' [I've already edited my version...] :)
0
TIG
User avatar
TIG 
Global Moderator
 

Re: [Plugin] CameraKeyMaker 1.0

Postby macgile » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:42 pm

TIG wrote:Excellent idea.
My only suggestion is that you put it in the 'Camera' menu rather than the 'Plugins' [I've already edited my version...] :)



Of course it's obvious :)

Thank's TIG
best regard.
0

macgile 
 

Re: [Plugin] CameraKeyMaker 1.0

Postby jarynzlesa » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:38 pm

nice and smooth :thumb: .
0
User avatar
jarynzlesa 
 

Re: [Plugin] CameraKeyMaker 1.0

Postby dbalex » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:56 am

It's a great plugin! I'm testing it right now but I'm trying to edit the path (in top or front view in parallel and perspective) and I can't select and move the points.. Does anyone else have this problem? I'm using sketchup 8 on windows 7
0

dbalex 
 

Re: [Plugin] CameraKeyMaker 1.0

Postby macgile » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:39 pm

dbalex wrote:It's a great plugin! I'm testing it right now but I'm trying to edit the path (in top or front view in parallel and perspective) and I can't select and move the points.. Does anyone else have this problem? I'm using sketchup 8 on windows 7


Thank's for your reply dbalex !

Strange thing!
Check your keyboard shortcuts if it already occupied by another tool (see above in the header of this post to shortcuts)
Check if you have groups or layers in your model.
sometimes when a key is published in conjunction with a group is selected that is problematic.
0

macgile 
 

Re: [Plugin] CameraKeyMaker 1.0

Postby dbalex » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:22 pm

Is there a shortcut key for editing the points? because I can update the keyframes by putting the camera in the right spot and update the keyframe, but I can't select them and move them in the orthographic views.. non of the shortcut your plugin uses is used in my shortcuts so I don't think that's the problem, anyway even like this it's a great tool! thanks for the fast reply
0

dbalex 
 

Re: [Plugin] CameraKeyMaker 1.0

Postby dbalex » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:23 pm

and I have no groups or layers in the scene, just a testscene with a simple cube.
0

dbalex 
 

Re: [Plugin] CameraKeyMaker 1.0

Postby macgile » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:49 pm

dbalex wrote:and I have no groups or layers in the scene, just a testscene with a simple cube.



Sorry for the inconvenience.
Check if you have the file bezier.rb
The plugin has been tested on Sketchup v.7 and v.8 (pro or not)

best regard
0

macgile 
 

Re: [Plugin] CameraKeyMaker 1.0

Postby dbalex » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:21 am

yes I thought of that also so I installed bezier.rb again with no results.. will try it on my other computer when I have time and will let you know if it works on that one. Thanks!
0

dbalex 
 

Re: [Plugin] CameraKeyMaker 1.0

Postby mitcorb » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:58 pm

Would some other Bezier plugin work with this tool? If not, could this be causing the difficulty?
0
I take the slow, deliberate approach in my aimless wandering.
User avatar
mitcorb 
Top SketchUcator
 

Re: [Plugin] CameraKeyMaker 1.0

Postby macgile » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:25 pm

mitcorb wrote:Would some other Bezier plugin work with this tool? If not, could this be causing the difficulty?



thank's mitCorb for reply :)

In the next major update (1.2) the file "bezier.rb" will no be required.
0

macgile 
 

Re: [Plugin] CameraKeyMaker 1.0

Postby urgen » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:32 am

....o-o-o-excellent! :thumb:
0
--pupil forever...------
User avatar
urgen 
 

Re: [Plugin] CameraKeyMaker 1.0 (Update 2011-04-09)

Postby Oxer » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:24 pm

Hi,
Thanks for the plugin, it's very useful but i work on Mac, the plugin runs but there are problems:
1. On Mac the keys combination (Alt+Q, ...) and the arrow keys don't works so you can't create the Camera Keys.
2. The path to camera_path.html file is invalid and the file don't open when you push Enter key.
Only the first time that i ran the plugin i could create the camera keys (Ctrl+Q on Mac) but the next times no and when i pushed the Enter key this were the Console message:

Captura de pantalla 2011-04-13 a las 04.12.36.JPG


I have translating the plugin to spanish language, when i finished it i'll upload it here.

Bye and i hope your help for fix these problems.
0
"The result is the end what is important is the process" by Oxer
http://www.oxervision.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Oxer 
 

Re: [Plugin] CameraKeyMaker 1.0 (Update 2011-04-09)

Postby TIG » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:37 pm

Using keys that might be mapped by others to do stuff [I already use Alt+Q to orient-faces] is a bad idea... use just modifiers like Alt or Cmd or Shift etc that can't be used as shortcuts otherwise...
0
TIG
User avatar
TIG 
Global Moderator
 

Re: [Plugin] CameraKeyMaker 1.0 (Update 2011-04-09)

Postby macgile » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:35 am

Oxer wrote:Hi,
Thanks for the plugin, it's very useful but i work on Mac, the plugin runs but there are problems:
1. On Mac the keys combination (Alt+Q, ...) and the arrow keys don't works so you can't create the Camera Keys.
2. The path to camera_path.html file is invalid and the file don't open when you push Enter key.
Only the first time that i ran the plugin i could create the camera keys (Ctrl+Q on Mac) but the next times no and when i pushed the Enter key this were the Console message:

Captura de pantalla 2011-04-13 a las 04.12.36.JPG


I have translating the plugin to spanish language, when i finished it i'll upload it here.

Bye and i hope your help for fix these problems.

Thanks for reply Oxy

Sorry for Mac users.
I'll fix these bugs soon and contact you.
0

macgile 
 

Re: [Plugin] CameraKeyMaker 1.0 (Update 2011-04-09)

Postby macgile » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:39 am

TIG wrote:Using keys that might be mapped by others to do stuff [I already use Alt+Q to orient-faces] is a bad idea... use just modifiers like Alt or Cmd or Shift etc that can't be used as shortcuts otherwise...

Thank you for your reply TIG
Yes I do not know why I picked the keys complicated.
0

macgile 
 

Re: [Plugin] CameraKeyMaker 1.0 (Update 2011-04-09)

Postby Tiggz1 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:44 am

Awesome feature - Thankyou!!
One question - forgive me if I missed it. How do I delete the Camera Key path so I can start from scratch?
0

Tiggz1 
 

Re: [Plugin] CameraKeyMaker 1.0 (Update 2011-04-09)

Postby Ecuadorian » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:16 am

This looks like exactly what I need to smooth out the motion in my LightUp animations.

Thank you! :P
0

Ecuadorian 
 

Re: [Plugin] CameraKeyMaker 1.0 (Update 2011-04-09)

Postby macgile » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:37 am

Tiggz1 wrote:Awesome feature - Thankyou!!
One question - forgive me if I missed it. How do I delete the Camera Key path so I can start from scratch?



Thank for reply Tiggz1 :)

just delete path in background layers.

best regard :)
0

macgile 
 

Re: [Plugin] CameraKeyMaker 1.0 (Update 2011-04-09)

Postby wwwyoose » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:02 am

hi

I am trying this plugin and it dont work whit the short cut. alt+q.
I have mac are ther some diffrent short cut?

Best Achim
0

wwwyoose 
 

Re: [Plugin] CameraKeyMaker 1.0 (Update 2011-04-09)

Postby macgile » Tue May 10, 2011 7:15 pm

wwwyoose wrote:hi

I am trying this plugin and it dont work whit the short cut. alt+q.
I have mac are ther some diffrent short cut?

Best Achim



Thank's wwwyoose :)

This bug is fixed in the next version with many other improvements
comming soon!

best regard
0

macgile 
 

Re: [Plugin] CameraKeyMaker 1.0 (Update 2011-04-09)

Postby vidy » Thu May 12, 2011 3:53 am

macgile wrote:This bug is fixed in the next version with many other improvements
comming soon!
best regard



:thumb: :bounce: :ecstatic:
0
still so much to learn..

vidy 
 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago



Ad Machine 
Robot
 

Next


 

Return to Plugins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MikeWayzovski and 9 guests

Visit our sponsors: