[Plugin] 2D Tools

[Plugin] 2D Tools

Postby TIG » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:10 pm


Get the latest version from the SketchUcation PluginStore

Download


or why not use the AutoInstall feature of the 'SketchUcation Plugin Store' toolset's dialog...
6
Last edited by TIG on Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:14 pm, edited 42 times in total.
TIG
User avatar
TIG 
Global Moderator
 

Re: [Plugin] 2D Tools v2

Postby thomthom » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:35 pm

:?:
1
Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund
User avatar
thomthom 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] 2D Tools v2

Postby remus » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:36 pm

the disappointment of the forgotten attachment strikes a crushing blow.
0

remus 
 

Re: [Plugin] 2D Tools v2

Postby CadFather » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:42 pm

:)
0
Quarr-IT - SketchUp Training from the Master.. http://quarr-it.com/
User avatar
CadFather 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] 2D Tools v2

Postby EarthMover » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:47 pm

:sketchstatic:

Awesome update TIG! Thanks! You've brought line weight and styles to SU!!!!! Setting the Z plane and toggling to construction lines were things I asked for initially....thanks for implementing them!!!
0
3D Artist at Clearstory 3D Imaging
Guide Tool at Winning With Sketchup
Content Creator at Skapeup
User avatar
EarthMover 
Premium Member
Premium Member
 

Re: [Plugin] 2D Tools v2

Postby thomthom » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:58 pm

Does the Z-Plane set the elevation the lines are drawn on, or is it also possible to define a plane that's different than the standard axis?
0
Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund
User avatar
thomthom 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] 2D Tools v2

Postby TIG » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:03 pm

Only on a flat Z-plane - these are 2D Tools... :)
Although some like Fillet work in '3D' too...
0
TIG
User avatar
TIG 
Global Moderator
 

Re: [Plugin] 2D Tools v2

Postby thomthom » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:08 pm

2D, yes - just wondered if you could specify the 2D work-plane arbitrary - not just top-down from the world axis.
0
Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund
User avatar
thomthom 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] 2D Tools v2.2

Postby TIG » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:47 pm

Already updated with some minor fixes ! viewtopic.php?p=185760#p185760
:ugeek:
0
TIG
User avatar
TIG 
Global Moderator
 

Re: [Plugin] 2D Tools v2.2

Postby CadFather » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:47 pm

Thanks TIG, some alternative icons if needed..

2dtools.PNG
1
Quarr-IT - SketchUp Training from the Master.. http://quarr-it.com/
User avatar
CadFather 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] 2D Tools v2.2

Postby CadFather » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:16 am

Hi TIG, how difficult would a double click to fillet all the corners be? (or something similar)

also: is text tag now redundant?
0
Quarr-IT - SketchUp Training from the Master.. http://quarr-it.com/
User avatar
CadFather 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] 2D Tools v2.2

Postby dedmin » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:42 am

Couldn't get the 2d line style tool to work?
0

dedmin 
 

Re: [Plugin] 2D Tools v2.2

Postby halroach » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:06 am

dedmin wrote:Couldn't get the 2d line style tool to work?


can't get the line styles to work either. Would it have to do with the styles?
0
User avatar
halroach 
 

Re: [Plugin] 2D Tools v2.2

Postby rv1974 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:55 am

Fillet tool is a nice addition. Thank you TIG!
P.S.I have 2 sets of the same icons on one tollbar. How to solve it?
0

rv1974 
 

Re: [Plugin] 2D Tools v2.2

Postby TIG » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:30 am

CadFather wrote:Hi TIG, how difficult would a double click to fillet all the corners be? (or something similar)

also: is text tag now redundant?

TextTag works similarly but sticks onto on 3D Faces and has a few more options like 'face_camera'...
The fillet tool works by picking two edges so your idea might be difficult ?
0
TIG
User avatar
TIG 
Global Moderator
 

Re: [Plugin] 2D Tools v2.2

Postby TIG » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:32 am

rv1974 wrote:Fillet tool is a nice addition. Thank you TIG!
P.S.I have 2 sets of the same icons on one tollbar. How to solve it?

Please ensure that earlier folders and 2D .rbs have been removed - perhaps (re)do a 'clean' install ?
0
TIG
User avatar
TIG 
Global Moderator
 

Re: [Plugin] 2D Tools v2.2

Postby TIG » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:33 am

Halroach wrote:
dedmin wrote:Couldn't get the 2d line style tool to work?


can't get the line styles to work either. Would it have to do with the styles?



There's aglitch on the layer creation... I'll issue an update to fix it asap...
0
TIG
User avatar
TIG 
Global Moderator
 

Re: [Plugin] 2D Tools v2.3

Postby TIG » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:15 am

v2.3 now available here viewtopic.php?p=185760#p185760
Tweaks to LineStyle Tools [layer visibility glitch etc] and now CafFather's alternative icon set included [as zip], if desired...
0
TIG
User avatar
TIG 
Global Moderator
 

Re: [Plugin] 2D Tools v2.3

Postby dedmin » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:01 am

Line styles still don't work - I can see layers are visible, but lines don't chance.
0

dedmin 
 

Re: [Plugin] 2D Tools v2.3

Postby TIG » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:19 am

dedmin wrote:Line styles still don't work - I can see layers are visible, but lines don't chance.

Check you have materials to show mode is set 'on' - i.e. face materials show up... Check View/Hidden-Geometry is 'off'.
Start the linestyle tool, right-click in empty space, in the dialog that opens set the style to a line-width you know will show up at the size of model (default=1, if the edges are very long than perhaps =6, very small =.25 ???) and then style='Dashed' and color='Red' - so it'll be clearly distinguishable from the original edge. Pick an edge - that edge should get moved onto the ...HIDN layer [and disappear as it's switched 'off'] and a new dashed styled-line 'group' should be made and appear on the ...STYL layer ? Open the Outliner to see what groups you have... Get Entity Info on the edge and new group to check what happens...
Run the tool with the Windows/Ruby Console open and copy/paste us any error messages that you get, if it persists...
Consider posting a small [purged] model with the problem if it's not fixed ?
0
TIG
User avatar
TIG 
Global Moderator
 

Re: [Plugin] 2D Tools v2.3

Postby NewOne » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:46 am

Wonderful set of tools. :enlight: I'm not a McDonand's fan, but this time i must say: I'm lovin' It!
However, one thing is annoying. As you can see in attached image, the line is clipped when drawing (the mouse cursor is not seen, but this img was captured while drawing with 2d rectangle tool). I think this is because the drawing gets out its boundingbox and if that boundingbox is updated on mouse move, this clipping will not occur anymore.
One more thing: could Set Z-Plane tool to have inference? I'd like to be able to snap on vertexes and edges.

Thanks again for all the tools you made!.
0

NewOne 
 

Re: [Plugin] 2D Tools v2.3

Postby dedmin » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:50 am

TIG wrote:
dedmin wrote:Line styles still don't work - I can see layers are visible, but lines don't chance.

Check you have materials to show mode is set 'on' - i.e. face materials show up... Check View/Hidden-Geometry is 'off'.
Start the linestyle tool, right-click in empty space, in the dialog that opens set the style to a line-width you know will show up at the size of model (default=1, if the edges are very long than perhaps =6, very small =.25 ???) and then style='Dashed' and color='Red' - so it'll be clearly distinguishable from the original edge. Pick an edge - that edge should get moved onto the ...HIDN layer [and disappear as it's switched 'off'] and a new dashed styled-line 'group' should be made and appear on the ...STYL layer ? Open the Outliner to see what groups you have... Get Entity Info on the edge and new group to check what happens...
Run the tool with the Windows/Ruby Console open and copy/paste us any error messages that you get, if it persists...
Consider posting a small [purged] model with the problem if it's not fixed ?


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGcLq9xOGys
0

dedmin 
 

Re: [Plugin] 2D Tools v2.3

Postby TIG » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:07 pm

dedmin

I see from the video it's not working... The ...HIDN layer should turn off if you have it 'on'. I suspect it's something to do with scenes/pages... Do you get any Ruby Console Errors ?
I notie the lines are only afew mm long so choose a small width - 4 = 4" ~= 100mm x10 the length of the line !
0
TIG
User avatar
TIG 
Global Moderator
 

Re: [Plugin] 2D Tools v2.3

Postby TIG » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:09 pm

NewOne wrote:Wonderful set of tools. :enlight: I'm not a McDonand's fan, but this time i must say: I'm lovin' It!However, one thing is annoying. As you can see in attached image, the line is clipped when drawing (the mouse cursor is not seen, but this img was captured while drawing with 2d rectangle tool). I think this is because the drawing gets out its boundingbox and if that boundingbox is updated on mouse move, this clipping will not occur anymore.
One more thing: could Set Z-Plane tool to have inference? I'd like to be able to snap on vertexes and edges.
Thanks again for all the tools you made!.

I'll look into the rectangle's drawing clipping.
The Z-plane tool does have inferencing tooltips and will snap to these points but the cursor doesn't cahnge, I look at this too...
0
TIG
User avatar
TIG 
Global Moderator
 

Re: [Plugin] 2D Tools v2.3

Postby dedmin » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:15 pm

TIG wrote:dedmin

I see from the video it's not working... The ...HIDN layer should turn off if you have it 'on'. I suspect it's something to do with scenes/pages... Do you get any Ruby Console Errors ?
I notie the lines are only afew mm long so choose a small width - 4 = 4" ~= 100mm x10 the length of the line !

Code: Select all
Error: #<NoMethodError: undefined method `set_visibility' for nil:NilClass>
C:/Program Files/Google/Google SketchUp 7/Plugins/2Dtools/2DlinestyleTool.rb:188:in `style_line'
C:/Program Files/Google/Google SketchUp 7/Plugins/2Dtools/2DlinestyleTool.rb:166:in `onLButtonDown'
C:/Program Files/Google/Google SketchUp 7/Plugins/2Dtools/2DlinestyleTool.rb:188
0

dedmin 
 

Re: [Plugin] 2D Tools v2.3

Postby EarthMover » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:24 pm

I'm getting the same errors as dedmin with the line style tool.
0
3D Artist at Clearstory 3D Imaging
Guide Tool at Winning With Sketchup
Content Creator at Skapeup
User avatar
EarthMover 
Premium Member
Premium Member
 

Re: [Plugin] 2D Tools v2.3

Postby Ken » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:48 pm

TIG

Attached is the VCB during drawing an arc. Not sure, what VCB is displaying, however your help guide indicated that the VCB should be displaying the “swept-angle”

Thanks for the plugin

Ken
0
Fight like your the third monkey on Noah's Ark gangway.
User avatar
Ken 
Premium Member
Premium Member
 

Re: [Plugin] 2D Tools v2.3

Postby Edson » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:01 pm

warning to mac users: in order for this pluging to open you must put it at USER\Libray\application support\google\google sketchup 7\plugins, not in the main plugins folder.

TIG: i click on the help icon and get nothing. is this a problem or there is nothing there?
0
edson mahfuz, architect | porto alegre • brasil
http://www.mahfuz.arq.br
User avatar
Edson 
Global Moderator
 

Re: [Plugin] 2D Tools v2.3

Postby Dave R » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:07 pm

TIG, I'm getting the same message in the console when I click on the first edge when trying to change the line style.
0
Inspecting mirrors is a job I could easily see myself doing.

If you are the smartest person in the room, you are in the wrong room.
User avatar
Dave R 
Global Moderator
 

Re: [Plugin] 2D Tools v2.4

Postby TIG » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:46 pm

v2.4 is here viewtopic.php?p=185760#p185760
It fixes many of the reported glitches including:
LineStyle failure with no scenes/pages fixed.
Z-plane inferencing improved.
Rectangle drawing clipping fixed up to 1km.
Help in MHT for PC is now also in PDF for Mac users, and also as DOC too.
0
TIG
User avatar
TIG 
Global Moderator
 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago



Ad Machine 
Robot
 

Next


 

Return to Plugins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: beel222, Bing [Bot], faust07, Yahoo Bot and 17 guests

Visit our sponsors: