JF Custom toolbars?

General discussion related to SketchUp Pro and Make

JF Custom toolbars?

Postby CalypsoArt » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:56 pm

I'm setting up SU on a new machine. On the old one I created toolbars with the JF Custom toolbars plugin. JFToolbars has a list of commands that I can't find anywhere else. I used it to create buttons for bottom view, toggle perspective, guides, group/ungroup. I was wondering if I still need that plugin in the latest versions of SU or are there features to do it built-in. If not, I can't seem to find JFT here, so was wondering if dragging the JFT plugin folder and .rb files to the new SU installation would work?
0

CalypsoArt 
Premium Member
Premium Member
 

Re: JF Custom toolbars?

Postby TIG » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:27 pm

Most of Jim's things are no longer supported or available.
If you have the loader .RB AND the subfolder of required files then copying those into another SketchUp version's Plugins folder might work.
You can but try...
After restarting SketchUp see if it works.
If it breaks, then report the details here, in case there's a simple fix...
At the worst, you'll just need to remove what you copied over, and restart SketchUp...
0
TIG
User avatar
TIG 
Global Moderator
 

Re: JF Custom toolbars?

Postby zooen » Mon May 04, 2020 1:17 pm

Hello, I use this plugin since 2013 (I think!) I copy and paste from one version to another without problem, I use the Pro 2020 version. I have translated the tooltips into French and maybe do some modifications in the .rb, but I don't remember.
Finally it can work with different versions of SU.
Note that Fredo6 has just created a similar plugin which is very good and which will be enriched with many features, a good solution for those who do not wish to hack in .rb at the risk of crashing the plugin or SU (see PluginStore).
Have a nice day, Zooen
0

zooen 
 

Re: JF Custom toolbars?

Postby juju » Tue May 05, 2020 12:21 pm

zooen wrote:Note that Fredo6 has just created a similar plugin which is very good and which will be enriched with many features, a good solution for those who do not wish to hack in .rb at the risk of crashing the plugin or SU (see PluginStore).

Please link to this extension, I seem to have missed this.
0
Save the Earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.
User avatar
juju 
Premium Member
Premium Member
 

Re: JF Custom toolbars?

Postby CADMebeli » Tue May 05, 2020 12:35 pm

0

CADMebeli 
 

Re: JF Custom toolbars?

Postby juju » Tue May 05, 2020 1:59 pm

CADMebeli wrote:https://sketchucation.com/plugin/2300-mrhide

Very useful extension yes, but sadly not a custom toolbar creator.
0
Save the Earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.
User avatar
juju 
Premium Member
Premium Member
 

Re: JF Custom toolbars?

Postby zooen » Thu May 07, 2020 12:32 pm

juju wrote:
CADMebeli wrote:https://sketchucation.com/plugin/2300-mrhide

Very useful extension yes, but sadly not a custom toolbar creator.


Ici tu peux télécharger le plugin "originel" et créer tes barres d'outils personnalisées :

http://sketchuptips.blogspot.com/2008/0 ... 06-01.html
0

zooen 
 

Re: JF Custom toolbars?

Postby juju » Thu May 07, 2020 3:10 pm

zooen wrote:
juju wrote:
CADMebeli wrote:https://sketchucation.com/plugin/2300-mrhide

Very useful extension yes, but sadly not a custom toolbar creator.


Ici tu peux télécharger le plugin "originel" et créer tes barres d'outils personnalisées :

http://sketchuptips.blogspot.com/2008/0 ... 06-01.html

I don't follow, what is the Fredo6 extension you refer to that creates custom toolbars? A link perhaps?
0
Save the Earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.
User avatar
juju 
Premium Member
Premium Member
 

Re: JF Custom toolbars?

Postby zooen » Thu May 07, 2020 6:33 pm

"I don't follow"

Custom Toolbars is a plugin created by Jim Foltz.

The link leads to his blog which is no longer active since 2014.
I am not referring to an extension of Fredo6 but to a Jim Foltz plugin, you are afraid that the link will take you to hell. Jim Foltz develop plugins (thanks to him) and made them available on the Sketchucation site.

I give you a link that will not lead you to hell:

viewtopic.php?f=323&t=10041&start=120
0

zooen 
 

Re: JF Custom toolbars?

Postby juju » Thu May 07, 2020 7:42 pm

zooen wrote:"I don't follow"

Custom Toolbars is a plugin created by Jim Foltz.

The link leads to his blog which is no longer active since 2014.
I am not referring to an extension of Fredo6 but to a Jim Foltz plugin, you are afraid that the link will take you to hell. Jim Foltz develop plugins (thanks to him) and made them available on the Sketchucation site.

I give you a link that will not lead you to hell:

viewtopic.php?f=323&t=10041&start=120

I'm familiar with Jim's extension. What I'm referring to is your statement as quoted below:

zooen wrote:Hello, I use this plugin since 2013 (I think!) I copy and paste from one version to another without problem, I use the Pro 2020 version. I have translated the tooltips into French and maybe do some modifications in the .rb, but I don't remember.
Finally it can work with different versions of SU.
Note that Fredo6 has just created a similar plugin which is very good and which will be enriched with many features, a good solution for those who do not wish to hack in .rb at the risk of crashing the plugin or SU (see PluginStore).
Have a nice day, Zooen


I think it is settled though that there isn't an extension that Fredo6 is developing for creating custom toolbars (I wish he would though, his stuff is top notch).
0
Save the Earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.
User avatar
juju 
Premium Member
Premium Member
 

Re: JF Custom toolbars?

Postby zooen » Thu May 07, 2020 8:49 pm

Perfect, just ask him.

And note that similar does not mean identical.

cordially
Zooen
0

zooen 
 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago



Ad Machine 
Robot
 



 

Return to SketchUp Pro & Make Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Visit our sponsors: