.skp to .step The easy way!

General discussion related to SketchUp Pro and Make

.skp to .step The easy way!

Postby Mike Lucey » Fri May 24, 2019 12:58 am

Convert STL to STEP.pdf
Hi Guys,

I'm working on a project that entails converting .skp files to .step for online quotes for injection molds and plastic parts.

I got quite frustrated trying to do the conversions using various online services both free and paid. However, I found a simple solution that works every time and it doesn't cost a penny!

Just follow the instructions on this PDF which I sourced on ICO Molds.

Mike
Mike Lucey 
Mayor

Re: .skp to .step The easy way!

Postby pilou » Fri May 24, 2019 8:40 am

And so the "Step" will be admissible to Moi3D nurbs modeler! (and so modifiable)! ;) PC & MAC

Who can be used for free for any penny ; (Alternate version without save) for image (with this little script created by Michael Gibson the creator of Moi - it's not a "Hack"! ) :ugeek:
(Moi has also the Export SKP if needing in complete version) ! ;)

You can save your screen image in the clip-board at any resolution so image is internal recalculated following your hard memory available! Just copy past it in your favorite 2D prog for edit if needing! ;)

Copy this script "one line" in the second column of the Options/Shortcut or press Tab and copy past it then Press Enter! ;)
You can of course increase/decrease the "2560,2560" just change it! :ugeek:
Code: Select all
script: /* Print Screen on Clip-Board */ var prev_background = moi.view.viewportBackgroundColor; moi.view.viewportBackgroundColor = 0x000000; moi.view.lineWidth = 4; moi.grid.display = false; moi.grid.showXYAxes = false; moi.ui.getActiveViewport().renderToClipboard( 2560, 2560 ); moi.view.lineWidth = 1; moi.grid.display = true; moi.grid.showXYAxes = true; moi.view.viewportBackgroundColor = prev_background;

Like...(in Black & white here but you can put before of course some colors on your 3D Models! )
Precision is some cool! (shadows are made in a 2D prog)
Frenchy Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
Speedy Galerie
pilou 
Top SketchUcator

Re: .skp to .step The easy way!

Postby Mike Amos » Fri May 24, 2019 11:18 am

Thanks very much for those, much appreciated.

Mike Amos 
Premium Member
Premium Member

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Return to SketchUp Pro & Make Discussions