[Plugin] QuadFaceTools

Re: [Plugin] QuadFaceTools

Postby zooen » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:18 pm

Thank you Oxer for your answer. I edited the file "core.rb" and translated with Notepade ++ for windows. I used google translation to translate so I will have to rework the texts in French.
1
User avatar
zooen 
 

Re: [Plugin] QuadFaceTools

Postby AlegoZ » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:42 am

Hey there genious, im just wondering if u know why i cant get a "floating" menu i tried all i know and i can only use quad Tools from the main menu "Tools"
0

AlegoZ 
 

Re: [Plugin] QuadFaceTools

Postby Einstein » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:34 pm

Hi!
Recently I discovered Connect tool to be very useful. However, if I set number of Segments to 1 and "Pinch" to any value, position of connecting segment doesn't change - it sticks to the middle, regardless. I thought about a little improvement for this plugin so that Pinch would also apply to single connecting segment, altering its position along edges. This would help a looot! And push SketchUp more towards poly-modelling which I personally miss soo much.

An illustration of the case:
0

Einstein 
 

Re: [Plugin] QuadFaceTools

Postby Einstein » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:25 pm

What about kind of "collapse edge" feature? There's a nice sub-tool "remove loops" but as stated, is removes entire loop (screenshot on the left, original quad-mesh on the right). The mesh in the middle shows how I imagine "collapse edge" would work. Only the selected edges are removed and ends are connected to surrouding quad corners.
0

Einstein 
 

[Plugin] QuadFaceTools - Remove Triangulation removes faces

Postby uwesketch » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:32 am

When using "Remove Triangulation" on the below selected quads, then the triangulating edges are removed not only from planar quads, but also from non-planar quads.

Selected Quads:
QudFaceTool_RemoveTriangulation_Before.png



After executing the "Remove Triangulation" command - it looks like a Swiss cheese ;-)

QudFaceTool_RemoveTriangulation_After.png


Is there are way to avoid this?
0
User avatar
uwesketch 
 

Re: [Plugin] QuadFaceTools - Remove Triangulation removes fa

Postby optimaforever » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:51 pm

uwesketch wrote:When using "Remove Triangulation" on the below selected quads, then the triangulating edges are removed not only from planar quads, but also from non-planar quads.

Selected Quads:
QudFaceTool_RemoveTriangulation_Before.png



After executing the "Remove Triangulation" command - it looks like a Swiss cheese ;-)

QudFaceTool_RemoveTriangulation_After.png


Is there are way to avoid this?

You just want to remove triangulations on planar quads? use Fixit101 script.
0

optimaforever 
Premium Member
Premium Member
 

Re: [Plugin] QuadFaceTools

Postby optimaforever » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:58 pm

Hello Thomthom!
Perhaps has it already been discussed, but I often misclick on the Live mesh analysis button instead of connect edges tool button. Not a big deal, you'll say, but as Livemesh doesn't work with Undo, I usually need several clicks to undo it manually.
I quasi never use Live mesh analysis because I model cleanly most of the time. But I guess some people use it.
Now my question is; is it possible to remove it from the toolbar? or make it unclickable or invisible? Alla Fredo6, make a customizable QFT toolbar? Some functions would still be accessible from the menus... I realize I never use the UV mapping tools, nor build corners/ends. and they eat some real estate on my screen.
0

optimaforever 
Premium Member
Premium Member
 

Re: [Plugin] QuadFaceTools

Postby uwesketch » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:23 pm

optimaforever wrote:
You just want to remove triangulations on planar quads? use Fixit101 script.


Also the "Merge Faces" from "TT cleanup3" does the trick. - which seems the same in FixIt101.
But it would be nice if the function in QFT would work as well.
0
User avatar
uwesketch 
 

Re: [Plugin] QuadFaceTools

Postby optimaforever » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:40 am

uwesketch wrote:
optimaforever wrote:
You just want to remove triangulations on planar quads? use Fixit101 script.


Also the "Merge Faces" from "TT cleanup3" does the trick. - which seems the same in FixIt101.
But it would be nice if the function in QFT would work as well.

I guess QFT remove triangulation’s use is different... If you want to regenerate the missing planes, you could use « make surfaces » script.
0

optimaforever 
Premium Member
Premium Member
 

Re: [Plugin] QuadFaceTools

Postby uwesketch » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:28 pm

I am not looking for a work around. The intent of the post is to report a misbehaviour of the QFT function "Remove Triangulation".

To reproduce the issue I have attached a sketchup file.

The below animated gif shows how to reproduce it.
QFT_Remove_Triangulation_Issue.gif
0
User avatar
uwesketch 
 

Re: [Plugin] QuadFaceTools

Postby tecnomijas » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:33 pm

Aprende a pronunciar
I would appreciate your help since when I install the quadface tools plugin the plugin toolbar does not appear. I have installed it in sketchup 2018 and 2019
0

tecnomijas 
 

Re: [Plugin] QuadFaceTools

Postby optimaforever » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:48 pm

tecnomijas wrote:Aprende a pronunciar
I would appreciate your help since when I install the quadface tools plugin the plugin toolbar does not appear. I have installed it in sketchup 2018 and 2019

Right-click an icon on the toolbar zone and check if the QuadFace Tools is checked on.
0

optimaforever 
Premium Member
Premium Member
 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago



Ad Machine 
Robot
 

Previous


 

Return to Plugins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: raysucation and 7 guests

Visit our sponsors: