[Plugin] RoundCorner - v3.3a - 18 Dec 18

Re: [Plugin] RoundCorner - v3.0b - 17 Jul 15

Postby bac9-flcl » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:30 pm

@fredo6

Is it possible to fix the chamfer process failing on such a corner?

It's pretty much impossible to avoid places like those in serious quad-based hardsurface modeling, and other chamfering implementations (in 3ds Max, Maya, etc.) never had issues with topology like that, so I'm not sure if anything really prevents proper chamfering here. Typically, corners like those are simply resolved like this:

bac9-flcl 

Postby fredo6 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:54 pm

Not possible with the current algorithm.

Would require another technique, which I may implement one of these days.

Fredo
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby bac9-flcl » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:06 pm

Thanks for the info!

While at it, can you take a look at this improvement? It would be an enormous help for users inserting edges into n-gons to control triangulation, and to users with quad-based geometry or otherwise unavoidable coplanar face sequences:

bac9-flcl 

Postby Guig2000 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:07 pm

this plugin helped me previously, so, thanks for that, fredo.
But well it don't like curves at all even at 100 000 scale and despite that in this sample, the offset is much smaller than my requirement, I had overlaps everywhere.

Also a good enhancement could be to be able to have multi-offsets capability in a selection.

Guig2000 

Re: [Plugin] RoundCorner - v3.1a - 13 Nov 15

Postby pegaze » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:17 pm

hi everyone,

i just run that plugin and after generating geometry, the model became a single part, i'm not able to select a face, if i try to select a face or anything else, the model is all selected ... is it always like that or may i miss something ?

i also dont see any line on the edges.

thanks for your answers.

pegaze 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Dave R » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:50 pm

It depends on the settings you've chosen. If you choose to smooth/soften the edges, then you'll get that behavior. But you can choose not to soften the edges and then you'll be able to select a single face. Or you could turn on Hidden Geometry and select individual faces even with the edges softened.
Etaoin Shrdlu

%

(THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

M30

%
Dave R 
Global Moderator

Postby pegaze » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:56 pm

Great !! Thanks a lot, it's now working well

pegaze 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Tiny control bar in RoundCorner - v3.1a

Postby Wookbert » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:56 pm

Have you ever noticed the tiny size of RoundCorner control bar on a MacBook Retina? (MBPr 13" running 10.11.1 or any other Mac OS X version)? See attachment.

Any idea how to solve this?

Wookbert 

Postby indrifitrian6 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:00 am

where i can find the download link button?

indrifitrian6 

Postby TIG » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:09 pm

indrifitrian6 wrote:where i can find the download link button?
Look in the SketchUcation PluginStore - link in menu above...
Use the page's Search tool to find the entry, it it's not immediately seen...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Re: Tiny control bar in RoundCorner - v3.1a

Postby fredo6 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:55 pm

Wookbert wrote:Have you ever noticed the tiny size of RoundCorner control bar on a MacBook Retina? (MBPr 13" running 10.11.1 or any other Mac OS X version)? See attachment.

Any idea how to solve this?

There is nothing that can be done in scripts for high resolution screens under Sketchup.
- It might be that SU2016 has improved the situation
- otherwise, if you go to Window > LibFredo6 Settings... > Default Parameters..., you should find a check box about Retina. It should double the size of the buttons. However, there is not garantee that the character size would follow.

Fredo
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby Wookbert » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:54 pm

@fredo6: Wasn't aware of the Retina check box. It helps a bit, the text however still is too small to be read and edited conveniently.

Wookbert 

Postby fredo6 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:01 pm

Wookbert wrote:@fredo6: Wasn't aware of the Retina check box. It helps a bit, the text however still is too small to be read and edited conveniently.

The logic of font size vs screen resolution is not accessible from the Ruby API.

However, you may want to read this thread, where other Mac users are discussing potential solutions.

Fredo
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby gregoiregentil » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:33 am

Bonjour! I don't manage to get round corners for this design (http://imgur.com/kYQ9ITf):

What am I doing wrong? Here is the file: http://www.filedropper.com/casing-v1

I'm running the latest of Fredo6 and round corners on Sketchup 8.

gregoiregentil 

Postby Dave R » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:58 am

In your screenshot you show the radius of the rounding (called Offset) as 0.1 mm. That's incredibly small. Try a reasonable value for the size of the object.
Etaoin Shrdlu

%

(THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

M30

%
Dave R 
Global Moderator

Postby TIG » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:00 pm

Yes, as Dave says, SketchUp itself [and by connection its Plugins] can't cope with dimensions with tiny dimensions [<=1/1000"]
So try something a bit bigger...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby gregoiregentil » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:37 pm

Regarding my previous post with an error while trying to create a round corner for a kind of dome, yes, I tried much bigger values for the offset but it was the same problem, nothing happened when I click generate.

I figured out that the culprit was the arcs at the base of the geometry. If I replace the arcs by straight lines, the plugin can generate something. I understand how it could be challenging for a plugin to generate rounded corners when you have a circle or arc at the base. And if the arc is converted to successive small lines, it's even more challenging and it will push you to have a very small offset.

So I will most likely stay with straight lines at the base. My question becomes more now: is there a way to have different offset for different lines during the same single rounded corner generation. Because you might want to have two different values for 3 lines that intersect so I don't think that you can do it sequentially.

gregoiregentil 

Postby william0j » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:03 am

Does this plugin support SU16?

william0j 

Postby ronagoldberg » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:41 pm

Hi,
I love this tool! It saves me a lot of time and is very powerful.

I have one question. If I use the tool to round the edges of a cube for example and then use another tool to cut a shape out of the cube I get parts of the faces missing. If i repair them and cut another shape out of the cube the faces open up again.

How can I stop that from happening?

Thanks,
Ron

ronagoldberg 

Postby Dave R » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:10 pm

It sounds to me as if you are running into the small edges issue. How large is the object you're working on? Try working at a larger scale and then scale back down.
Etaoin Shrdlu

%

(THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

M30

%
Dave R 
Global Moderator

Postby ronagoldberg » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:15 pm

How large do you think I'd need to work? I generally work in a foot equals an inch scale to create the fine details I need.

Thanks for the help.

ronagoldberg 

Postby Dave R » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:37 pm

Hard to tell without seeing your model.
Etaoin Shrdlu

%

(THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

M30

%
Dave R 
Global Moderator

Postby derei » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:00 pm

Would it be possible to optimize the rounding to work better with quads? I noticed that it splits the quad triangulation, instead of generating new quads and the resulting faces are really weird looking (with diagonals going across two faces, as a result of the former quad triangulation)

Cheers!
DESIGNER AND ARTIST DEREI.UK
derei 

Postby mohtashimiqbal » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:58 am

i cannot find ANY download link for this plugin , has it been removed i m tired of searching the main post with no clue ..

mohtashimiqbal 

Postby Dave R » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:52 am

mohtashimiqbal wrote:i cannot find ANY download link for this plugin , has it been removed i m tired of searching the main post with no clue ..

None at all? How far down the main post did you look before you gave up? It's clearly identified.
Screenshot - 2_3_2016 , 4_55_18 AM.png
Etaoin Shrdlu

%

(THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

M30

%
Dave R 
Global Moderator

Postby TIG » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:27 pm

And... the SketchUcation PluginStore - linked off the menu above - contains virtually all of the Plugins/Extensions mentioned across many threads in these forums...
So that should be your starting point whenever you are looking to download anything...
Also it has excellent search functions on its page...

As Fredo mentioned in his tool's first page [see the image pasted by Dave]... if you first download and install the SketchUcation PluginStore Toolset [RBZ], available in the Resources menu above, OR now as v3.0.0 in the PluginStore itself, under Author '- SketchUcation -' [first on the list], then that has a dialog which lets you browse the PluginStore [getting re-badged as the ExtensionStore³] from within SketchUp itself, and then AutoInstall selected tools...
It also has lots of other goodies like Update notifiers, Bundles, Managers etc - read up on it...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby arkiboygmo » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:50 pm

Thank you!

arkiboygmo 

Postby Ribard » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:47 pm

Can someone tells me how to download this extension ?

Ribard 

Postby Dave R » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:27 pm

Ribard wrote:Can someone tells me how to download this extension ?

The information is provided in the first post of this thread and again, most recently in the post the second and third posts above yours.
Etaoin Shrdlu

%

(THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

M30

%
Dave R 
Global Moderator

Postby numerobis » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:20 pm

I have two problems with the latest version (installed on SU2015 x64)

1. Round corner: The offset value is displayed but not recognized by the plugin if it is entered using the TAB-Key. I need to re-open the function to make it active. If i use the toolbar field it is working.

2. Bevel edges: There is a smoothing issue with beveled geometry. After beveling i always need to fix the smoothing.

numerobis 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

PreviousNext

Return to Plugins