[FR] Some Random Requests

General discusson for Skatter for SketchUp

Moderator: jiminy-billy-bob

[FR] Some Random Requests

Postby JQL » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:51 pm

Hi Jiminy,

First let me show you the last object created with skatter.

FOG Troncos.png

The logs were piled up by hand after making them jump around on Sketchy Physics but the dirt, of course, was skattered. In a couple of years, having collision detection on skatter would be nice so we could skatter pile the logs... I suppose that would be hard.

It was the first time I skattered for generating geometry so:

1 - Skatter for geometry should be able to be saved and be rebuilt too. As long as the skatter is still active we can do that, but after that we are no longer able. (Or are we?) (Render list+Objects list?)

2 - There is no method for creating 2 different objects skatters in a row, as while we have one skatter on the making, change some settings and hit Generate on the new skatter we (re)Generate and erase the previous one. I wanted to create two similar skatters (same surface, same areas, same objects, but different scale and density (It's the splinters VS dust skatter on the image.

3 - I would find it very handy if we could select surfaces, areas and objects with a box selection instead of just point click. When we have a bunch of objects I tend to click two times on an object or forget to click on some of them. A box select would allow me to select all of them in one go.

4 - I'd like to be able to use CTRL and SHIFT to add and remove objects from the lists (surfaces, areas, objects)

5 - I'd love that skatter would have a button to generate a new random seed.

6 - I had one more but can't remember it...
JQL 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: [FR] Some Random Requests

Postby jiminy-billy-bob » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:08 pm

JQL wrote:First let me show you the last object created with skatter.

Nice! :thumb:

JQL wrote:In a couple of years, having collision detection on skatter would be nice so we could skatter pile the logs... I suppose that would be hard.

I will add collisions at some point. But it will exclude some objects if they are touching, it won't stack them tightly like you can do with SP.

JQL wrote:1 - Skatter for geometry should be able to be saved and be rebuilt too. As long as the skatter is still active we can do that, but after that we are no longer able. (Or are we?) (Render list+Objects list?)

Right-click on the group > "Edit Skatter Group" :D
Of course if you explode it, the option disappears.

JQL wrote:2 - There is no method for creating 2 different objects skatters in a row, as while we have one skatter on the making, change some settings and hit Generate on the new skatter we (re)Generate and erase the previous one. I wanted to create two similar skatters (same surface, same areas, same objects, but different scale and density (It's the splinters VS dust skatter on the image.

I guess I can add a "Duplicate" option somewhere.

JQL wrote:3 - I would find it very handy if we could select surfaces, areas and objects with a box selection instead of just point click. When we have a bunch of objects I tend to click two times on an object or forget to click on some of them. A box select would allow me to select all of them in one go.

I'm not sure how to do that, but I'll think about it.

JQL wrote:4 - I'd like to be able to use CTRL and SHIFT to add and remove objects from the lists (surfaces, areas, objects)

Noted!

JQL wrote:5 - I'd love that skatter would have a button to generate a new random seed.

Will do. But changing a single digit gives you totaly different results.
jiminy-billy-bob 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby JQL » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:31 pm

jiminy-billy-bob wrote:
JQL wrote:First let me show you the last object created with skatter.

Nice! :thumb:

Want it? Thea ready?

jiminy-billy-bob wrote:
JQL wrote:In a couple of years, having collision detection on skatter would be nice so we could skatter pile the logs... I suppose that would be hard.

I will add collisions at some point. But it will exclude some objects if they are touching, it won't stack them tightly like you can do with SP.

I thought SP would be simpe to use but lots of logs were flying around... Move tool did the job...

jiminy-billy-bob wrote:Right-click on the group > "Edit Skatter Group" :D

duh!

jiminy-billy-bob wrote:I guess I can add a "Duplicate" option somewhere.

That would be nice!

jiminy-billy-bob wrote:
JQL wrote:3 - ... a box selection instead of just point click...

I'm not sure how to do that, but I'll think about it.

That would be great. Have you medled with Thea browser yet, so we could select proxies for a skatter without them being on model?

jiminy-billy-bob wrote:
JQL wrote:5 - I'd love that skatter would have a button to generate a new random seed.

Will do. But changing a single digit gives you totaly different results.

Thanks, I was a bit scared to touch it at first...
JQL 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby jiminy-billy-bob » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:18 pm

JQL wrote:Want it? Thea ready?

Sure! I have no use of it right now, but I'm curious to look at it.

JQL wrote:That would be great. Have you medled with Thea browser yet, so we could select proxies for a skatter without them being on model?

Hmm, I don't think that would be possible. I can only add my models to Thea Browser, but you'll have to load them in the model to use them in Skatter.
jiminy-billy-bob 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby jiminy-billy-bob » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:40 pm

OMG !!
jiminy-billy-bob 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby JQL » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:41 pm

LOL what? A freaking GAP?

EDIT: I got the little bastard... a cantilever balcony for some bugs! The bastards eat all the wood.

EDIT2: It's annoying how this geometry keeps loosing smooth edges when I move it around... It also happens to you?
JQL 
Premium Member
Premium Member

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Return to Skatter