- Update Feb 09 2019 (version 2.5)

please report any issues

2.5 = 2019 loading compatibility fix

2.3 = fixed small bugs in the menu.

Quick changes for 2.3:

2.3 updates.jpg

POWERBAR.jpg

-

It's been a long time coming... but the new Powerbar version is ready (should work with v8 to 2015). Another post will follow 'soon' with more info, credits and tutorials (when i recover!) ;)

Some tools ended up quite different compared to when first posted - please check the status bar for some hints until i get the docs sorted.

few key points:

- I have no Mac. I believe it should work fine, but am not sure. Please report any findings.

- The menu itself is under the Help section, this is due to traffic and it ties up with things to come.

- The toolbar can be customised. From the menu you can choose your favourite icons and tools. By default they are all ON.

ICONS V2.2.jpg

Of course this is possible only because of the masters and Super Thanks go the jedis round here who have created many of these jewels and shared them in the first place.

Thinking to take advantage of the Christmas holidays. I sent a message to a few of them asking for their permission to use, include, tweak (indeed destroy!) some of their ruby gems and update this old but still much used tool. The response was a fab 'Yes'. (TIG, SDMitch, Rick Wilson, Thom Thom, Anton Synytsia, Julia Christina Eneroth, Dan Rathburn, Jim Foltz, Matt Noblet, Ithil, Didier Bur, Ian Sandstrom, Chris Phillips, TBD, and CadFather (aka Max Coppoletta).

The many authors who generously contributed to this project are listed both on the plugin menus and in the Credits section of the plugin. Also waiting to hear from a couple more, regarding some additions i'd really like to include. (Didier, used a couple of yours from the old days, couldn't get in touch with you).

One more thank i'd like to give: to my Mother, who while i spent the whole of the holidays working on this, fed me with the most incredible food... and to my Daughter, whose Christmas patience was simply inexhaustible.

Here it is, Enjoy.

fix for 2019
Powerbar Fix for 2019.rbz

JHS POWERBAR 2015 (2.3).rbz

JHS POWERBAR 2015.rbz

-
Last edited by CadFather on Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:13 pm, edited 9 times in total.
CadFather 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Re: Power Toolbar 2015

Postby pilou » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:23 am

A task work of designing icons! :fro:
Frenchy Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
Speedy Galerie
pilou 
Top SketchUcator

Postby CadFather » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:02 am

Really Pilou, the icons were easy... dreaming code at night was something though! :fro:
CadFather 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby Bob James » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:10 am

Toolbar came up just fine, but it's not the one pictured above. The one that comes up is one long bar with no check boxes.

UPDATE
uninstalled it, then re-installed JHS_PowerBar_2015_v2.0.rbz.
Now I get two sets of icons in one long string. I've taken a picture of the center section of the bar. Now its too long to fit in SU!! There are 44 icons that are bad and 44 that are good. Seems like it's trying to load two sets of icons. The _ICONS folder has 44 of each size (16 and 24).

JHS.PNG
i7-4930K 3.4Ghz, 2x GTX780 6GB, 32GB DDR3-1600 ECC, OCZ Vertex 4 500GB, WD Black 3TB, 32TB NAS, 4x 27" Monitors, SpaceMouse Pro, X-keys XK-60
Bob James 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Box » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:02 am

Bob make sure you haven't installed it in two different places. The sketchucloud for example and the default.

But the customising menu can be found under the help menu as mentioned above.
Box 

Postby deaneau » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:43 am

good choice and easy to use cadfather :thumb:
MADE, BORN AND LIVING IN BERLIN
Big Thank You to all Programmers
Some German words are so long that they have a perspective. M.Twain
deaneau 

Postby Anton_S » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:29 am

Hey man! That's a nice powerbar. By looking at the main file size, some 216KB, I can tell that so much work has been put into combining all these tools together. All the icons look amazing as well. Generally, I'm very impressed with your work and actually find your powerbar quite handy. Thank you :thumb:

Anton_S 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby pbacot » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:44 am

Thanks for the great work! Very cool. I'll try it on Mac.
MacOSX Mojave ShetchUp Pro v19 Twilight Pro v2 M2 Kerkythea PowerCADD
pbacot 
Top SketchUcator

Postby optimaforever » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:06 am

1001 x thanks!
Since I updated to 2015, I was VERY frustrated the PTB wasn't working anymore...
Simple tools like extrudealongpath, pipealongpath, extrudelines, mirror, dropintersection, protrude were really essential in my workflow and crawling through the menus to find them was really a pain...
My brain is already overcrowded with shortcut keys of photoshop, 3dsmax, aftereffects, sketchup, etc. that I feel very relieved when sometimes there are simply but brilliantly designed icons to click on :D

optimaforever 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Pherim » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:09 am

Very nice, thank you!

Just a minor issue: On my Laptop I have the screen resolution 1366x768 (a little low for Sketchup, I know, but right now I don't have access to my desktop pc with the FullHD screen) and in the customization menu the two lowest lines are not visible. Any chance of a scrollbar or a more horizontal alignment of the icons (I think 15/15/14 would make sense)?

Pherim 

Postby CadFather » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:39 am

Bob, fairly sure you haven't really uninstalled it somehow. try it manually, there are only 2 files: _jhs01_powerbar.rb and the jhs folder. delete them and reinstall

Anton, it was titanic (in the greek sense of the word). for the main part i didn't go out of the house for 8 solid days, or talk to anyone for that matter :D . in fact there's a big chunk of my own coding on this one, (by grace of all the pastas i was being nurtured with). :)

Pherim, check the fix on first post, should be good with 1366x768.

Thanks all, good to hear you like it.
CadFather 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby Bob James » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:12 pm

CadFather wrote:Bob, fairly sure you haven't really uninstalled it somehow. try it manually, there are only 2 files: _jhs01_powerbar.rb and the jhs folder. delete them and reinstall

Did that. Three times. Loaded it three ways: Importing rbz, opening the rbz with WinZip and extracting the files, and Plugin Store. Also, only used the standard plugin folder so no duplication in two locations.
Must just be having a bad hair day
i7-4930K 3.4Ghz, 2x GTX780 6GB, 32GB DDR3-1600 ECC, OCZ Vertex 4 500GB, WD Black 3TB, 32TB NAS, 4x 27" Monitors, SpaceMouse Pro, X-keys XK-60
Bob James 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Pherim » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:17 pm

It looks different for me... the first icon in the middle column is Comps to Grid Array and even when maximized, the lowest row of icons is only visible when I enable automatic taskbar hiding. Not a big issue, certainly, but a little annoying.

Pherim 

Postby CadFather » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:34 pm

Bob, are you sure you have no file or folder named jhs anywhere? never happened before.

Pherim, strange sounding - the new fix sets the window at 650 vertical, so that should not occur.

it should look like above image: first icon on second column being 'center to red'.
CadFather 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby Rich O Brien » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:43 pm

it's nice max!

now get back to the guitar...
There's a frontroom and a backroom....reverse faces
Rich O Brien 
Administrator

Postby CadFather » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:19 pm

...don't tempt me, mate! :lol:

CadFather 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby Pherim » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:37 pm

Oh, alright, I didn't realize I had to re-install it... It was not marked as updated. After re-installing, it works, thank you!

Pherim 

Postby doppel » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:05 am

Thank you for this fantastic job! I will try it right now!
doppel 

Re: Power Toolbar 2015 (2.2)

Postby CadFather » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:13 pm

told of a bug in the menus - fix coming soon.
CadFather 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Re: Power Toolbar 2015 (2.3)

Postby ntxdave » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:01 pm

Does installing the toolbar also install all of the related plugins?
ntxdave 

Postby bsfranza » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:46 am

awesome collection and coding =) great - hope you keep having fun with maintaining and expanding this

bsfranza 

Postby Krisidious » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:17 pm

I missed it... Glorious.
By: Kristoff Rand
Home Designer
Unique House Plans
Krisidious 

Postby onzki » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:28 am

Hi, Thanks for sharing this amazing plugins, I installed it via Sketchucation Store (Autoinstall)but how come mine seems lacking? Do I need to uninstall old plugins first? Please see attached screenshot. Thanks!

[/hr]Dell Precision T5600. SKU 2018 Pro. AutoCAD 2013. Landscape design firm. Hong Kong

onzki 

Postby pipinek » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:01 am

Greetings,

Is the current version 2.3 compatible with SU 2016?

Many thanks

pipinek 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Sam3D » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:09 pm

Por favor nao consigo instalar, aparece erro! Já fiz todo o processo, meu windows 8!

Me ajude!!!!!

Error Loading File C:/Users/Usuário/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/jhs/_jhs_powerbar/jhs_powerbar_menux.rb
Error: No such file or directory - C:/Users/Usuário/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/jhs/_jhs_powerbar/jhs_pb.strings
C:/Users/Usuário/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/jhs/_jhs_powerbar/jhs_powerbar_menux.rb:19:in `readlines'
C:/Users/Usuário/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/jhs/_jhs_powerbar/jhs_powerbar_menux.rb:19:in `<module:Max_Coppoletta>'
C:/Users/Usuário/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/jhs/_jhs_powerbar/jhs_powerbar_menux.rb:6:in `<top (required)>'
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in `require'
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in `load'
C:/Users/Usuário/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/_jhs01_powerbar.rb:16:in `register_extension'
C:/Users/Usuário/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/_jhs01_powerbar.rb:16:in `<module:JHS_powerbar>'
C:/Users/Usuário/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/_jhs01_powerbar.rb:8:in `<module:Max_Coppoletta>'
C:/Users/Usuário/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/_jhs01_powerbar.rb:7:in `<top (required)>'

Sam3D 

Postby deaneau » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:28 pm

pictures tell more than 1000 words ;-)

screenshot by yellowdoor_[0001] 2016_08_22_-_21_29_03.jpg
MADE, BORN AND LIVING IN BERLIN
Big Thank You to all Programmers
Some German words are so long that they have a perspective. M.Twain
deaneau 

Postby HornOxx » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:27 am

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Thank you so much for this great tool collection - I've missed so much !!
(it works great!)
never trust a skinny cook
HornOxx 

Postby onzki » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:30 am

onzki wrote:Hi, Thanks for sharing this amazing plugins, I installed it via Sketchucation Store (Autoinstall)but how come mine seems lacking? Do I need to uninstall old plugins first? Please see attached screenshot. Thanks!

Funny It's been a year and I have to reply to my own post LOL.. Anyway, for those with similar question like mine here, I finally found where the missing icons are, Euerka! They're under the main menu "HELP->CADFATHER PACK->POWERBARICONS." It took me a year to discover by accident since I don't often scroll down the help menu path.
These are truly amazing plugins, thanks a lot! :thumb:

[/hr]Dell Precision T5600. SKU 2018 Pro. AutoCAD 2013. Landscape design firm. Hong Kong

onzki 

Postby ktsbanam » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:31 pm

Extrude tool fails in sketchup 2017
It does not create surface
please fix it
thank

ktsbanam 

Postby CadFather » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:04 pm

onzki wrote:Funny It's been a year and I have to reply to my own post LOL.. Anyway, for those with similar question like mine here, I finally found where the missing icons are, Euerka! They're under the main menu "HELP->CADFATHER PACK->POWERBARICONS." It took me a year to discover by accident since I don't often scroll down the help menu path.
These are truly amazing plugins, thanks a lot! :thumb:

sorry, haven't been around - though the answer was on the first post: "- The menu itself is under the Help section, this is due to traffic and it ties up with things to come." ;)

glad you got it working :thumb:

----

aware of the glitch with extrude and 2017. busy at present, but as soon as i get some time to dive into the code again, i'll post a working update

Thanks
CadFather 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Next

Return to Plugins