FredoTools groups a number of my standalone plugins, some already published, some new. By delivering them as a single package, it reduces the footprint on Sketchup:
- A single folder in the Plugins directory (FREDOTOOLS_Dir_xx)
- A single menu entry (by default in Tools > FredoTools)
- A single contextual menu
- A single toolbar, with control of the icons displayed
- A Quick Launcher
- Also, only a small part of the plugins is loaded at Sketchup startup (only the menus). The rest of the code is loaded the first time you launch the plugin
Plugins currently included in FredoTools are:
By default, these plugins are not shown in the toolbar, but they are available from the menu.
FredoTools provides a Quick Launcher from the main icon:
No User manual currently. This may come for some plugins.
In the mean time, goto to the web page of each plugin and watch the video, if provided, or the Quick Start section.
- Sketchup versions: 6 and above (Free and Pro)
- Language: English, French, Spanish Spain (by Oxer), Spanish Latin America (by Defisto), Chinese (by guanjin)
- Menus: by default, it is installed in Tools > FredoTools
- Icon toolbar: Fredo6 Tools
1) Download and Open the archive
2) Select All (Ctrl A)
3) Extract into the Sketchup Plugin Directory
4) Answer YES to OVERWRITE all existing files if any
The footprint in the SU Plugin Directory must be:
On Mac the SU plugin directory should be:
Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp 8/SketchUp/plugins
CAUTION: NEVER rename or move files from their folders. If you are unsure of your unzip operation, do it in a neutral folder and check that you reconstruct the right footprint. Then transfer the folders and files to the SU Plugin Directory.
NOTE: If you use an Alternate Plugins directory, make sure that the folder FREDOTOOLS_Dir_xx is in the same location as LibFredo6.rb
IMPORTANT: Requires to download LibFredo6 4.5 or higher if not already installed.
No video for the time being
FredoTools is just the shell to host my standalone plugins.
Please refer to the main thread for each individual plugin for more information.
The Quick Launcher shows the list of Plugins available. Just click on the plugin name in the list to launch it.
For convenience the Quick Launcher Window can be pinned and remain visible on the Desktop if you activate the option.
The Wrench icon gives access to the Default Parameter dialog box, which contains default options for the standalone plugins.
If you wish to display some or all icons for the Plugins, or enable / disable the use of contextual menus, go to the Default Parameters... dialog box and check the plugins names.
Once you have installed FredoTools, you may want to remove the old versions of the standalone plugins.
Use the Purge utility at Windows > LibFredo6 Settings... > Purge Obsolete Files.
FredoTools 1.2a – 08 May 12: Update for ThruPaint 1.2a (Paint components and groups and bug fixing). See this post.
FredoTools 1.1n – 21 Apr 12: Small update for ThruPaint 1.0n (keep track of scaling and rotation factors by material and support of initial selection)
FredoTools 1.1m – 14 Apr 12: Small update for ThruPaint 1.0m fixes and to integrate the Translation in Spanish (Oxer, Defisto) and Chinese (guanjin)
FredoTools 1.1j – 11 Apr 12: Release for ThruPaint and ReverseOrientFaces
FredoTools 1.0b – 20 Dec 11: Contextual Menu entries can be individually removed (via the Default Parameter dialog box)
FredoTools 1.0a – 19 Dec 11: Initial Release