Guess it's still "alive"...

Guess it's still "alive"...

Postby tomsdesk » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:35 am

...'cause asked to do a funky colored phase model conversion today. Lovin' the dream I'm in! Wasn't sleepy at bedtime (wonder why :`) so did this quick wet-one. Thought it came out kinda nice...you?

tomsdesk 

Re: Guess it's still "alive"...

Postby Archi Rag » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:38 am

awesome looks really beautiful.... how was it achieved?
poster edges/brushstrokes?

Archi Rag 

Postby tomsdesk » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:35 pm

Archi, no...I must admit to a bit more methodical randomness than actually painting the interest (my brush strokes with a real live brush were bad enough, just guess how my painting with a plastic rock looks :`)

I've been playing, especially on these material-less exports, with breaking up the broad fields of color with overlay layers before applying the DWC filters. On this one I used fairly transparent mirrored versions of the x-ray and shadow-only layers...the resulting disruption retains a comfortable zen IMO. I've also used the background sky image in the same manner on other sketches, stretched over the entire canvas, with enough success to pursue it futher.

Thanks.

tomsdesk 

Postby tomsdesk » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:39 pm

...and another after lunch:

tomsdesk 

Postby modelhead » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:19 pm

Tom...I think that thread on "perspective" has caused your rebirth. I have never seen renderings like this from you.....the composition I mean...it is so nice to see these perspectives.....as Durant (forgive me Durant) would say...kick that old Jack-Bird to the curb Tom's got a whole new gig!! You have spilled the beans on your hidden talent...I want more, of course!

modelhead 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Return to Gallery