New Personal Project Images

New Personal Project Images

Postby firstliight » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:57 am

Had a little time to work on a home idea that I finally had sometime to work on. Its not finished but thought I would share it.

The images are of the SketchUp model and a few Lumion images.

firstliight 

Re: New Personal Project Images

Postby Anton_S » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:53 am

These are amazing! Great work Aaron!

Anton_S 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby Rich O Brien » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:43 am

I remember these from your older post. Great work!
There's a frontroom and a backroom....reverse faces
Rich O Brien 
Administrator

Postby firstliight » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:39 pm

Anton_S wrote:These are amazing! Great work Aaron!

Thank you Anton_S

firstliight 

Postby firstliight » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:42 pm

Rich O Brien wrote:I remember these from your older post. Great work!

Thank you Rich O Brien

This is a new design, I think it may look similar to the first design I posted a long time ago. I looked to see which of my old designs it could be that looks similar to this new one and I think its this one, see attached.

But thanks again

firstliight 

Postby ntxdave » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:29 pm

When can we move in?

Really nice Firstlight........ :thumb: :thumb:
ntxdave 

Postby firstliight » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:00 pm

ntxdave wrote:When can we move in?

Really nice Firstlight........ :thumb: :thumb:

Hahaha Thanks ntxdave

firstliight 

Postby Bryan K » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:55 am

Very nice!
Bryan K 

Postby firstliight » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:02 am

Bryan K wrote:Very nice!

Thanks Bryan K

firstliight 

Postby pbacot » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:46 pm

Really imaginative houses you make. I find the round elements interesting as a motif. Your renderings are fun with all the lighting. Better than ever (though I do seem some inexplicable reflections of the lights e.g. on the pavement. What's the renderer?
MacOSX (El Capitan) ShetchUp Pro v16 Layout Twilight Pro v2 M2 Kerkythea PowerCADD
pbacot 
Top SketchUcator

Postby firstliight » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:57 pm

pbacot wrote:Really imaginative houses you make. I find the round elements interesting as a motif. Your renderings are fun with all the lighting. Better than ever (though I do seem some inexplicable reflections of the lights e.g. on the pavement. What's the renderer?

Thank you pbacot. I do like to create interesting shaped homes I find it challenging and very exciting. In this design I wanted to try using those round areas as a design feature throughout. I have hundreds of houses I have sketches of that I have not gotten too. When I have a idea I make a quick sketch and then file it away haha, until I get time to come back to them.

See attached image of a sketch of a home I want to design for a lot in Temecula, California.

I think the light refection's on the pavement are on the images of the old design I re-posted that one of the other posters thought was this new design. The reposted images was done at a time when I did not know how to control the reflection's in Lumion 6 (I Use Lumion 6 Pro) will be upgrading to Lumion 7 Pro soon.

One of the best parts of modeling for me is getting to the render stage, it motivates me to keep going while modeling.

firstliight 

Postby ken28875 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:04 am

Very nice designs and renders, Aaron.

I mostly use V-Ray for SketchUp, but I have moved onto Lumion3d for all my new renders the past year. You can't beat the amazing speed and all the people, trees, etc. that come with the software.

Cheers,

_KN
Follow Your Dreams.
ken28875 

Postby firstliight » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:31 am

ken28875 wrote:Very nice designs and renders, Aaron.

I mostly use V-Ray for SketchUp, but I have moved onto Lumion3d for all my new renders the past year. You can't beat the amazing speed and all the people, trees, etc. that come with the software.

Cheers,

_KN

Thank you ken28875

I love using sketchup and lumion, lately I have ideas of shapes I want to try that I don't yet know how to create in sketchup, more organic type buildings like Zaha Hadid.

I have been thinking of trying FormZ 8 to model with because its something like sketchup but with nurbs tools.

firstliight 

Postby ken28875 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:59 pm

firstliight wrote:
I love using sketchup and lumion, lately I have ideas of shapes I want to try that I don't yet know how to create in sketchup, more organic type buildings like Zaha Hadid.

I have been thinking of trying FormZ 8 to model with because its something like sketchup but with nurbs tools.

Aaron, you don't need FormZ or any other more robust programs like Maya or Max because you can virtually build anything in SketchUp, including organic shapes like Zaha Hadid's architecture, by using plugins.

Check out the Plugin forum (http://sketchucation.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=323, as well as the Extension Warehouse and Extension Store (you have to install it) for all the Plugins available. Some are free and others cost a bit of money but it's all worth it.

Some of my favorite are from TIG, Fredo6, Chris Fulllmer, thomthom, Whaat, just to name a few.

If you want to do organic shapes, check out SUbD by Thomas Thomassen (http://evilsoftwareempire.com/subd.

Best of luck!

_KN
Follow Your Dreams.
ken28875 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Return to Gallery