Friday evening material pattern challange

The ideal place for beginners to get help using SketchUp

Friday evening material pattern challange

Postby rhankc » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:28 pm

Twas a Friday Evening and I was ready to go....was trying to get one last thing finished for the day; creating a cool flagstone pattern and turning it into a material.
I created it and applied it to the patio, and was happy with the result. saved my work : way to go me... then I zoomed out, and that pettern had applied itself to about 4 gropups. Guess I wasn't deep enough. Obviously!

I tried to erase it.... its everywhere... I shut down and reopened and erased it off the big areas and I have started applying colors over the pattern. Is there an effective way to get rid or a pettern applied in mass?
TIA

I cleaned it up...
Hank

rhankc 

Re: Friday evening material pattern challange

Postby Anssi » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:29 pm

You can right-click on a material in the Material browser (select the In Model tab, the little house icon) and select Delete from the context menu, and answer Yes to the dialog that asks if you want to replace it with the default material.

Anssi
securi adversus homines, securi adversus deos rem difficillimam adsecuti sunt, ut illis ne voto quidem opus esset
Anssi 

Re: Friday evening material pattern challange

Postby rhankc » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:29 pm

Anssi, Thank you for the technique, It worked fantastic! I really wasn't looking forward to explaining why the inside surfaces of the tub looked like stone! I appreciate your help.
Hank

rhankc 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Return to Newbie Forum