Your .skp in Gear VR

General discussion about Kubity for SketchUp

Moderators: nikusknx, rebecamoreno, romaing

Your .skp in Gear VR

Postby rebecamoreno » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:24 pm

Kubity's support for Gear VR will be officially out this summer but here's workaround prototype to play with in in the meantime.

https://medium.com/@JohnontheGO/using-s ... .pjs9p0mpp

rebecamoreno 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Your .skp in Gear VR

Postby romaing » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:35 pm

And we're also working on great Oculus Rift support. If you want to be a beta tester, drop us a line at oculus@kubity.com :)

romaing 
Kubity Support
Kubity Support

Postby rspierenburg » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:31 pm

This is very interesting. Is it possible to add joystick support to walk around the model?

rspierenburg 

Postby romaing » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:38 pm

rspierenburg wrote:Is it possible to add joystick support to walk around the model?

Yes, we'll add this feature in a next update. It will be handy!
Right now, you can use the button step forward once, no gravity and no collision, so there is room for improvement (stay tunes, we have surprises to come ;))
It works with Google Cardboard V2 too.
On V1 you just tap the screen, if there is hole that makes that possible (like with the DODOCASE).

romaing 
Kubity Support
Kubity Support

Postby Disrespective » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:38 am

Is there going to be support for preset scenes? This would make sharing a complex model much simpler when the viewer isn't used to the interface or navigation.

Otherwise this is great. It's exciting to see some of our models start to take shape in a virtual word we can experience with a GearVR.

Disrespective 

Postby d12dozr » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:19 am

Totally agree support for scenes would be a big help. Nice work so far :)
3D Printing with SketchUp Book
http://goo.gl/f7ooYh

d12dozr 
Top SketchUcator

Postby romaing » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:19 pm

Disrespective wrote:Is there going to be support for preset scenes? This would make sharing a complex model much simpler when the viewer isn't used to the interface or navigation..

Yes, we've been working on it and it will be available in our next release, this summer.

romaing 
Kubity Support
Kubity Support

Postby measuredmove » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:29 pm

Really great tool! Simple and intuitive for users.
Just 2 quick questions:
Is there a limit to the number of files we can upload?
Any future support for importing a rendered view that has baked lighting and reflection?
Thanks so much
SU8/LightUp/Gimp/SimLab Composer/Kerkythea

measuredmove 

Postby romaing » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:11 pm

measuredmove wrote:Is there a limit to the number of files we can upload?
Any future support for importing a rendered view that has baked lighting and reflection?

No limit! and we've been working on better lighting/rendering (real-time) but baked approach is not our philosophy.

romaing 
Kubity Support
Kubity Support

Postby Toddard » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:53 pm

romaing wrote:And we're also working on great Oculus Rift support. If you want to be a beta tester, drop us a line at oculus@kubity.com :)

I sent an email to the stated address requesting to be a beta tester, but got no reply. Are you still accepting these requests? Thanks!

Toddard 

Postby romaing » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:14 am

Toddard wrote:I sent an email to the stated address requesting to be a beta tester, but got no reply. Are you still accepting these requests? Thanks!

We're not ready yet, we really want to offer a good experience so it takes a little bit more time than we thought.
I keep you posted!

romaing 
Kubity Support
Kubity Support

Postby Gubermensch » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:00 pm

Incredible tool!

A client of mine is asking for a VR experience for BIM applications. I'd love to beta test for you guys. I'm trying to persuade them to stick with Kubity. They want a quality experience so the Oculus support is exciting to hear.

Am I correct to assume the end product be comparable to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8izI8U9 ... e=youtu.be

Thanks!
Gubermensch 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby romaing » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:05 pm

Gubermensch wrote:Incredible tool!

A client of mine is asking for a VR experience for BIM applications. I'd love to beta test for you guys. I'm trying to persuade them to stick with Kubity. They want a quality experience so the Oculus support is exciting to hear.

Am I correct to assume the end product be comparable to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8izI8U9 ... e=youtu.be

Thanks!

Thank you!
Yes, you're correct, comparable but different.
Visualizing on the oculus will be 100% free (our business model is not about visualisation) and the app will be integrated in our ecosystem so you'll be able to "Cast" from your smartphone, etc.

romaing 
Kubity Support
Kubity Support

Postby Gubermensch » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:48 pm

romaing wrote:Thank you!
Visualizing on the oculus will be 100% free (our business model is not about visualisation) and the app will be integrated in our ecosystem so you'll be able to "Cast" from your smartphone, etc.

That's great to hear! Can you clarify what you mean by cast? Is that reference to a form of presentation?
Gubermensch 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby romaing » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:21 pm

Gubermensch wrote:
romaing wrote:Thank you!

That's great to hear! Can you clarify what you mean by cast? Is that reference to a form of presentation?

It's one of our unique feature, you cast from your smartphone or tablet by just scanning a QR Code. It's handy to display a model "from your pocket" to any screen.

romaing 
Kubity Support
Kubity Support

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Return to Kubity