Toggle all subdivisions on/off

General discussion on SUbD for SketchUp

Toggle all subdivisions on/off

Postby Einstein » Tue May 21, 2019 8:20 pm

Hi!
I have an idea for an upgrade: a button to toggle on/off all subdivisions in entire model with single click, so that you can quickly switch between display of lowpoly and hipoly model.
It would also be great to support subdividing sub-instances. Say: a group contains several sub-groups. You click the parent group and the sub-groups all get subdivided then. But I guess this may be more difficult to do.

Einstein 

Re: Toggle all subdivisions on/off

Postby Einstein » Sat May 25, 2019 5:47 am

One to rule them all.

Einstein 

Postby thomthom » Mon May 27, 2019 4:59 pm

Einstein wrote:I have an idea for an upgrade: a button to toggle on/off all subdivisions in entire model with single click, so that you can quickly switch between display of lowpoly and hipoly model.

2019-05-27_17h57_26.png

Einstein wrote:It would also be great to support subdividing sub-instances. Say: a group contains several sub-groups. You click the parent group and the sub-groups all get subdivided then. But I guess this may be more difficult to do.

Yea, this gets tricky when one of the sub-components are also elsewhere in the model. What do you do then?
Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund
thomthom 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby Einstein » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:14 pm

Looks I didn't learn your plugin well enough. Thank you.

For sub-components elswhere in the model - maybe a unique component would be created then?

Einstein 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Return to SUbD