[RELEASE] Alpha 0.0.10

General discusson for Skatter for SketchUp

Moderator: jiminy-billy-bob

Re: [RELEASE] Alpha 0.0.10

Postby jiminy-billy-bob » Mon May 11, 2015 8:12 pm

The plugin and website still need a lot of work, so I have no idea when I'll be able to release it.

As for a testimonial, I was planning on asking you guys :D when I'll do the website.
jiminy-billy-bob 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby JQL » Mon May 11, 2015 8:14 pm

jiminy-billy-bob wrote:The plugin and website still need a lot of work, so I have no idea when I'll be able to release it.

As for a testimonial, I was planning on asking you guys :D when I'll do the website.

I'd be honored but I'm no CG master... just another architect!

(I'm progressing though...)
JQL 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby valerostudio » Fri May 15, 2015 3:25 pm

I have Vray and Thea installed together. When using the Render tick box checked, it doesnt seem to be working with Thea. Anyone else have this issue?

valerostudio 

Postby JQL » Fri May 15, 2015 3:38 pm

valerostudio wrote:I have Vray and Thea installed together. When using the Render tick box checked, it doesnt seem to be working with Thea. Anyone else have this issue?

There was something back at Thea forums about thea and vray compatibility a while back. I'd think this would be solved by now...

Jiminy should have them both
JQL 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Pixero » Fri May 15, 2015 5:20 pm

valerostudio wrote:I have Vray and Thea installed together. When using the Render tick box checked, it doesnt seem to be working with Thea. Anyone else have this issue?

Are you skattering regular SU components?
Pixero 

Postby duanekemp » Fri May 15, 2015 5:25 pm

Since my unsuccessful tests using more than one proxy at a time have been moved to another location, am I supposed to only load successes here? Or do you want me to post other test results in this thread or in the new link here? viewtopic.php?f=393&t=61957

I do have successful tests using two proxies at a time..... But.... is that for here or there.

Thanks
Duane Kemp

Kemp Productions
Puidoux, Switzerland
Gallery:
https://duanekemp.artstation.com/
duanekemp 

Postby jiminy-billy-bob » Fri May 15, 2015 6:49 pm

For now, you can only use proxies when using the "Render only" option along Thea. Tomasz made it work with regular components/groups, but did not publish it yet.

duanekemp wrote:Since my unsuccessful tests using more than one proxy at a time have been moved to another location, am I supposed to only load successes here? Or do you want me to post other test results in this thread or in the new link here? viewtopic.php?f=393&t=61957
I do have successful tests using two proxies at a time..... But.... is that for here or there.

Post wherever you think is best ;) If it needs to be moved, I'll move it. No worry
jiminy-billy-bob 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby NigeC » Mon May 18, 2015 12:19 pm

Would it be possible to have the amount of memory needed calculation?
Would it be possible to have up/down numeric controls
How would I go about doing a sphere? the underside doesn't populate or a vertical wall..
it would be cool if it knew what units are used, I typically use cm
“It’s only impossible if you stop and think about it!”
NigeC 

Postby jiminy-billy-bob » Mon May 18, 2015 1:12 pm

NigeC wrote:Would it be possible to have the amount of memory needed calculation?

I don't understand what you mean by that?

NigeC wrote:Would it be possible to have up/down numeric controls

Do you have an exemple?

NigeC wrote:How would I go about doing a sphere? the underside doesn't populate or a vertical wall..

Uniform, Grid and Random are vertical projections. In the future there will be more axis to project on, but they still will be projections. You will be able to do that when I intriduce bitmap distribution with a UV mode.
For now, you can use Vertices and Faces Centers to scatter all around a sphere, but it's very regular... You can try irregularly subdivide the faces first.

NigeC wrote:it would be cool if it knew what units are used, I typically use cm

The units are the model unit, whatever you have set in your template.
jiminy-billy-bob 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby NigeC » Mon May 18, 2015 1:46 pm

jiminy-billy-bob wrote:Do you have an exemple?

I QT they are called QSpinbox's
Untitled.png

On second thoughts they would probably lag quite badly with Skatter

NigeC wrote:The units are the model unit, whatever you have set in your template.

Sorry my bad, I actually mainly use 2013 then migrate to 2015 when I need to, I forgot the default theme was meters :oops:

jiminy-billy-bob wrote:Would it be possible to have the amount of memory needed calculation?I don't understand what you mean by that?

If possible some type of warning you could possibly run out of memory, maybe a calculation based on when you first set the surface and scatter object then after any changes, I guess it would be quite difficult and easier if I just bought more ram lol

Ive been playing trying to populate a sphere any yes Vertices and Faces Centers did work

Great tool I can't wait to see what comes next, keep it up :)
“It’s only impossible if you stop and think about it!”
NigeC 

Postby jiminy-billy-bob » Mon May 18, 2015 2:07 pm

NigeC wrote:I QT they are called QSpinbox's
On second thoughts they would probably lag quite badly with Skatter

Oh right. Yeah, they would be fine when there's a small number of skattered items, but once you get to at least 1 second to generate, this will be pretty annoying.
I don't know. Maybe I can put them, and people can still enter values directly like now, anyway.

NigeC wrote:Sorry my bad, I actually mainly use 2013 then migrate to 2015 when I need to, I forgot the default theme was meters :oops:

It's not bound to the template, if you change the units in the model, Skatter will update as well when you reopen the dialog (default values will be different). Although, previously done Skatter setups/groups will keep their old values, and therefore have completely different results than when you first generated them. Going from 1 meter spacing to 1 inch will take some time to compute...

NigeC wrote:If possible some type of warning you could possibly run out of memory, maybe a calculation based on when you first set the surface and scatter object then after any changes, I guess it would be quite difficult and easier if I just bought more ram lol

I'll think about it, I haven't thought of that yet.
jiminy-billy-bob 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby bigstick » Wed May 20, 2015 10:07 am

I have an installation issue on my mac.

/Users/username/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter.rb:36:in `register_extension'
/Users/username/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter.rb:36:in `<module:JBB_Skatter>'
/Users/username/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter.rb:19:in `<top (required)>'

Any ideas?
bigstick 

Postby jiminy-billy-bob » Wed May 20, 2015 10:35 am

Skatter is not yet ready for Mac, it won't work for now. But I'll definitly need Mac testers in a near future.
Do you have a windows PC?
jiminy-billy-bob 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Previous

Return to Skatter